PDA

View Full Version : Halloween!

scubastud
10-25-2010, 08:28
What I think I like best are the cheesy horror movies that spring up this time of year. The cheese-ier the better!

I made a graph.

scubastud
10-29-2010, 09:33
Here is a clip just in time for Halloween...

YouTube - Kids In The Hall - Life As A Mass Murderer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R02XR4EwV0I&feature=player_embedded)

bennerman
10-29-2010, 09:34
My friend is an italian for halloween... so I taught him some... shall we say... "colourful" phrases in italian for the occassion :smiley2:

Gonnagettanked
10-29-2010, 09:53
As an Italian I take offense. I'd swear at you B, but I wouldn't want Larry to boot my butt off the board.
Too many other choices as you should well know

Gonnagettanked
10-29-2010, 09:54
As an Italian I take offense. I'd swear at you B, but I wouldn't want Larry to boot my butt off the board.
Too many other choices as you should well know
Swear in Italian of course!

bennerman
10-29-2010, 10:06
But Italiano lei una bella linguaggia, it should be used liberally

Edit: since I called it a beautiful tongue (literally... tongue) prior, it is clear I don't do it justice :smiley13:

navyhmc
10-29-2010, 14:03
I'm usually working Halloween, so it's a real fun night of sometimes very comical calls. A couple of teenaged morons who had been going around a neighborhood stealing candy from little kids got totally cold cocked by a "little ninja" who was a 3rd level black belt in real life. A couple other inebriated young adults thought it would be funny to scare elderly folks at a local nursing home but didn't notice that the cop out front handing out candy was not a resididnet but a real cop. Both of them knowcked themselves out runnig into different trees trying to run away after it was revealed to them they were under arrest.

TJDiver
10-29-2010, 14:16
I'm usually working Halloween, so it's a real fun night of sometimes very comical calls. A couple of teenaged morons who had been going around a neighborhood stealing candy from little kids got totally cold cocked by a "little ninja" who was a 3rd level black belt in real life. A couple other inebriated young adults thought it would be funny to scare elderly folks at a local nursing home but didn't notice that the cop out front handing out candy was not a resididnet but a real cop. Both of them knowcked themselves out runnig into different trees trying to run away after it was revealed to them they were under arrest.

:smilie39: I bet you DO get some interesting calls that time of year!

navyhmc
10-29-2010, 14:24
I need to write a book...:smiley36:

Another one of fun: My partner who was crusty old medic when I was new had a gorrilla mask that he would wear for fun on occassion (EMS was newer then and you could get away with more) Well, we had a drunkwho was a regular, kind of Amos from Andy Griffith. Well, this night he was a talkative drunk and while my partner was behind him, he kept talking gibberish and every so often would turn around and look at him and say "You know what I mean?" After he did this for the 5th time, when he turned back towards me, Jim put the gorrilla mask on and just sat there nodding his head. The guy did his you know what I mean and wasn't phased at all...the mask came off and then the drunk did the "Did I see what I think I saw?" double take. Jim did this 3 more times creating a very apprehnsives and anxious drunk who then swore off the stuff.

Diver Kat
10-29-2010, 14:52
Great stuff Navy!!! You should right a book!! I must be getting old - I love when the smart-a$$ teenagers get their butts kicked!:smiley20:

In fact, I am sooooo tired of the older teenagers - mostly boys - coming around to bum candy every Halloween and being rude - that we were going to pass this year. But the neighbors decided to do a cove get-together again, so we're back in. Did it a few years back, and it was fun. We had 5 of the 7 houses join up, put tables at the cove entrance, lined up our candy bowls, wait for the kiddies sipping the beverage of your choice. Kids were happy as they got candy from 5 houses at one stop, we were happy to be sitting around drinking and being neighborly!:smiley36:

scubastud
10-30-2010, 21:23
OK anyone see this movie?

"Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Hellbound, Flesh-Eating Subhumanoid Zombified Living Dead, Part 3 "

Yes it is real... bet it is great, where the heck can I find it?

Diver Kat
10-30-2010, 22:12
Doesn't Chucky star in that???:smiley2:

scubastud
10-31-2010, 07:37
OK Happy Halloween... here is a trivia question... where might you hear this conversation?

*****: These are reverse vampires. They crave the sun.

****: Oh really?

*****: Yeah, they love it. They love to get tans.

****: No kidding. Where are they from?

*****: Um, well, ahh, Tan-sylvania.

Aquatrax
10-31-2010, 07:50
Chuck E Cheese?

scubastud
10-31-2010, 08:30
No Aqua but good guess!:smiley36:

Here are the coolest Halloween costumes I have seen so far this year.

scubagirlj
10-31-2010, 09:03
No Aqua but good guess!:smiley36:

Here are the coolest Halloween costumes I have seen so far this year.

:smiley20::smiley20::smiley20: excellent!

i for one miss mischief night-nothing says fun like tp'ing a front yard or lighting dog poop in a paper bag on fire on someones porch & ringing the bell-aaah, those were the days

scubastud
10-31-2010, 09:34
Oh and soaping windows ! (not wax, soap.. harmless and just as fun)

This video is pretty good.. and so true :smiley20::smiley36:

YouTube - 13 Halloween Costumes You'll See At Every Party - POV Comedy Thunder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsgyzu1UNno&feature=spotlight)

scubagirlj
10-31-2010, 09:45
yeah, we used to "tag" with ivory soap-now punk kids use spray paint!

TJDiver
10-31-2010, 11:21
yeah, we used to "tag" with ivory soap-now punk kids use spray paint!

I know what you mean, sgj. The worse we ever did was soaping, egging, and tp'ing...all of which will either just wash off, or wear off with a short amount of time. We even laughed it off when someone tp'd our place because it was harmless fun. Last year, some punks hit my mother-in-laws house with paintball guns. She's in her 80's, is very particular about her home (still mows her own yard at 84 years of age), and was very distraught about all the paint on her home. At the time, I felt if I could have caught the little punks, I woulda used their heads to scrub off the paint! :smiley13:

scubastud
11-01-2010, 10:26
My Jack-O-Lantern broke last night but I fixed it...

...with a pumpkin patch! .. ahhhh hahahahaha I kill me.:smilie39:

navyhmc
11-01-2010, 20:08
I know what you mean, sgj. The worse we ever did was soaping, egging, and tp'ing...all of which will either just wash off, or wear off with a short amount of time. We even laughed it off when someone tp'd our place because it was harmless fun. Last year, some punks hit my mother-in-laws house with paintball guns. She's in her 80's, is very particular about her home (still mows her own yard at 84 years of age), and was very distraught about all the paint on her home. At the time, I felt if I could have caught the little punks, I woulda used their heads to scrub off the paint! :smiley13:

I would have helped. About 2 years ago, we had some punks that thought it would be funny to knowk on windows of a nursing home. We can't prove it, but they very likely cause one poor woman to have a heart attack.

scubastud
11-04-2010, 13:04
Well Halloween is over,, now I got nothing to untill May.

navyhmc
11-04-2010, 15:36
Nice Scuba Stud!!! :smiley36: