PDA

View Full Version : Elliott Spitzer

Largo
10-26-2010, 22:21
Why is Elliott Spitzer getting a TV show?

Shouldn't he be in jail?

ScubaAl
10-27-2010, 08:21
Something is wrong when a scumbag like him gets a show on TV. I for one will never watch it.

Al

TJDiver
10-27-2010, 08:51
Well, something has been wrong for a while...have you seen what's/who's on TV these days? :smiley29:

navyhmc
10-27-2010, 10:13
It's all about ratings and then, only todays ratings. If a station could get Ghengis Kahn to show how he multilated his enemies because it would boost their ratings, they would do it with out an ounce of remorse and then only show a token remorse if the streategy failed and there was an uproar.

TJDiver
10-27-2010, 10:22
Ah...I see navy HAS seen what/who is on TV lately. And, to make matters worse, this also applies to our so-called national news outlets as much as any other programming these days. :smiley19:

Defman
10-27-2010, 17:25
Why is Elliott Spitzer getting a TV show?

Shouldn't he be in jail?

Right, let's fill our already overcrowded prisons with guys who were just getting a little bit on the side...........

Aquatrax
10-27-2010, 17:51
Who is Elliott Spitzer?

scubastud
10-27-2010, 18:54
Remember when Rod Blagojevich was gonna be on a reality show?
Did it ever happen? Last I heard I think a judge said no, it called for him to leave the country.

Aquatrax
10-27-2010, 19:28
Who is Rod Blagojevich

I seem to be a bit out of touch

TwistedSister209
10-27-2010, 19:31
Remember when Rod Blagojevich was gonna be on a reality show?
Did it ever happen? Last I heard I think a judge said no, it called for him to leave the country.

As a reality TV junkie (Don't Boo Me!) he wasn't allowed to leave so they let his wife go in his place. The name of the show was "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here." It was bad even for me.

Defman
10-27-2010, 20:39
As a reality TV junkie (Don't Boo Me!) he wasn't allowed to leave so they let his wife go in his place. The name of the show was "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here." It was bad even for me.

But he was on Celebrity Apprentice....

divingmedic
10-28-2010, 16:38
It's all about ratings and then, only todays ratings. If a station could get Ghengis Kahn to show how he multilated his enemies because it would boost their ratings, they would do it with out an ounce of remorse and then only show a token remorse if the streategy failed and there was an uproar.
I am a political junkie. I watch many of those shows. That shows has lower ratings than a Perfect Strangers marathon.

divingmedic
10-28-2010, 16:40
Right, let's fill our already overcrowded prisons with guys who were just getting a little bit on the side...........
I believe it was because he was using state funds for pay for his hookers.

Largo
10-28-2010, 22:44
Who is Elliott Spitzer?

Elliott Spitzer was a DA in NYC, and a prominent member of the GOP.

In a nutshell, he pretended to be a conservative, but was in reality a dirty-birdy who liked to pay prostitutes to knock his junk around, and stuff.

But seriously, he sent a lot of people to jail for doing the exact same thing that landed him a TV show.

divingmedic
10-29-2010, 15:34
Elliott Spitzer was a DA in NYC, and a prominent member of the GOP.

In a nutshell, he pretended to be a conservative, but was in reality a dirty-birdy who liked to pay prostitutes to knock his junk around, and stuff.

But seriously, he sent a lot of people to jail for doing the exact same thing that landed him a TV show.

He was the sitting Govener of the state of NY when he was caught using state money to pay for hookers. He was not a member of GOP he is a life long Democrat/Liberal/Progressive.

Straegen
10-29-2010, 16:37
He was the sitting Govener of the state of NY when he was caught using state money to pay for hookers. He was not a member of GOP he is a life long Democrat/Liberal/Progressive.

Partially correct. He was cleared of charges he misused travel funds. Aside from being a "John" he hasn't actually done anything illegal or sadly what a large percentage of men do.

BSea
10-29-2010, 17:43
Partially correct. He was cleared of charges he misused travel funds. Aside from being a "John" he hasn't actually done anything illegal or sadly what a large percentage of men do.Just because there wasn't enough evidence to convict him, or that because he has the clout to have the charges dropped, doesn't mean he didn't do it. And a large percentage (I'm guessing you mean a majority) of men don't pay hookers to travel from New York to Washington at $1000 + per hour. The fact that they can't (or won't try to) prove he used state funds is not the major issue. As the NY attorney General, he prosecuted 2 NY prostitution rings as head of the state’s organized crime task force (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/10/nyregion/10cnd-spitzer.html?pagewanted=2). Yet the same rules he fought against, he doesn't seem to think they apply to him.

Oh, and by the way, solicitation is illegal.

Aquatrax
10-29-2010, 17:47
Oh, and by the way, solicitation is illegal.

You say this like it's a bad thing

divingmedic
10-29-2010, 17:50
You say this like it's a bad thing

Pretty much so when you are a sitting govener of a state and a former DA.

Aquatrax
10-29-2010, 17:57
Governor's need love too and it appears he is still a D.A. (Solve the Acronym)

BSea
10-29-2010, 18:00
Governor's need love too and it appears he is still a D.A. (Solve the Acronym)Gee, that's a tough one.:smiley36:

Straegen
10-31-2010, 00:23
Just because there wasn't enough evidence to convict him, or that because he has the clout to have the charges dropped, doesn't mean he didn't do it. And a large percentage (I'm guessing you mean a majority) of men don't pay hookers to travel from New York to Washington at $1000 + per hour.

Oh, and by the way, solicitation is illegal.A person is innocent until proven guilty so speculate all you want but they tried to light the guy on fire with this stuff and all they could find was about 900 in hotel bills that may or may not have been for used improperly.

By large percentage I was referring to men in his position that can afford such things. There is certainly a demand for it, people who supply it at that level and there aren't that many people who have that kind of money so there are a lot of people on the high end doing it.

Lastly, I said aside from being a "John" meaning excluding that he was soliciting.

I am not condoning the behavior but in the end it is mostly a personal matter IMO.

tfd86
10-31-2010, 07:26
You think that's bad, check the NYS polls for gov in 2010. Kristin Davis is running, she's the Madam of the competitor from where Elliot got his girls. HOME (http://www.kristindavis2010.com) .

chinacat46
10-31-2010, 08:16
I guess it could be worse Glen Beck could have a TV show. Wait a minute he does. Never mind.

scubastud
10-31-2010, 08:40
Glen who?

I dunno.. I get all my news from this guy.

divingmedic
11-01-2010, 11:06
Glen who?

I dunno.. I get all my news from this guy.

What is even more sad, is that a lot of young people get their news from that idiot.

scubastud
11-01-2010, 11:14
Idiot!!?? Stephen Colbert is full of truthiness and he is american and so can you!

Straegen
11-01-2010, 11:34
He is less full of it than Glenn Beck and less creepy by a mile. It scares me a bit that Glenn Beck is actually popular in many circles. I can at least understand ORielly who now looks to be the sane one over there... and yes MSNBC has its share of loons as well.