PDA

View Full Version : Shark attack in Maine...

navyhmc
10-27-2010, 13:54
Down East diver uses camera to fight off shark - Bangor Daily News (http://www.bangordailynews.com/story/Downeast/Shark-pursues-Down-East-diver-off-Eastport,157291)

A quick sum up: Diver is making sea floor video, an 8' Probeagle shark attacks his camera. No injuries except the camera case.

Diver Kat
10-27-2010, 15:33
I'm surprised there was only a little yelp from the guy .... I would have been screaming and cursing at the top of my lungs!:smiley5:

navyhmc
10-27-2010, 15:52
I'd been screaming like a lttle girl!

TwistedSister209
10-27-2010, 19:53
Me, too!!! Scary teeth.

SEMO Scuba
10-27-2010, 20:20
I would have made my dry suit wet or my wet suit much wetter!

mzbdiver
10-31-2010, 14:01
Wow... I agree with SEMO on that one

navyhmc
10-31-2010, 14:15
I would have made my dry suit wet or my wet suit much wetter!

In EMS terms, we call it a "Code Brown"....

A ship's captain is talking to his new first mate about his routine. They go over running the ship, how the dinners work, the best workers among the able seamen, etc. The first mate takes careful mental notes, then asks if the captain has any tips that aren't in the day-to-day running of the ship.

"Well," the captain says, "I have one trick: I always wear a red coat when we engage another vessel. That way, if I bleed, the men cannot tell. Instead they take heart from my fighting skills."

The first mate agrees that this is sound advice, and they get to work.

A week or so out to sea, a pirate ship is sighted on the horizon. The captain gets out his red coat and goes to give a speech to the men; the first mate watches with awe as the captain prepares them.

Then, "It's five ships!" the man at the spyglass yells down.

The captain turns to his boy and says, "Fetch me my brown pants."

BSea
10-31-2010, 16:30
He wouldn't even go back in the water or to the same place for several days. What a Wuus.

I mean me . . . . . . . . I'd probably never go back to that place.

bennerman
10-31-2010, 17:28
all I can think about is how he and I have the same fins o.o

TJDiver
11-01-2010, 07:47
Well, don't that take the cake...can't even watch a shark attack video without a political ad popping up...professional courtesy I guess. :smiley13:

Quick question...are sharks repelled by the smell of human feces? :smiley36:

Straegen
11-01-2010, 09:37
The video shows more of a shark bump, but that would have to be tremendously terrifying. Ah entering the food chain is both exhilarating and scary. Terrific video though.