PDA

View Full Version : did you do drugs when you were younger

bigman241
11-02-2010, 18:34
SO did you smoke pot when you were a teenager or in college, or now?

Doing a poll for those of us running for senator :smiley36: or whos boss owns the site :smiley13:

also if you did or do, should it be legal

bigman241
11-02-2010, 18:38
read all the options and select more then one if you want some cover multiple selections.

mm2002
11-02-2010, 19:58
Really, the poll is kinda silly. "POT" is not a drug, and yes it should be legal. As far as "drugs", well I'm a child of the 70's and 80's.....I tried 'em all. The ones I liked, I tried several times...........the ones I REALLY liked.......well............:smiley29:

I'm older now, so those days are over. I like beer and whiskey! :smiley20:

navyhmc
11-02-2010, 21:32
I can honestly say the closest I've been to drugs is maybe a contact high at an Aerosmith concert. The advantage of being an obsessed diverat a young age-I didn't do anything that I thought would interfere with diving.

Lulubelle
11-02-2010, 21:37
Sorry, my choices are not represented here Big, so I didn't vote in the poll.

Largo
11-02-2010, 21:48
Obviously, taking drugs results in negative consequences, possibly death.

But, using them and then diving is inviting disaster.

Can one of you medical types explain this better?

navyhmc
11-02-2010, 21:53
I think you said it well enough. Do drugs, go dive, invite death to join you.

alpha
11-02-2010, 22:49
Lisinopril--hydrochlorothiazide--amilodipine----never taken any....life's a risk, enjoy :smiley20: & go dive....

alpha
11-02-2010, 23:14
Obviously, taking drugs results in negative consequences, possibly death.

But, using them and then diving is inviting disaster.

Can one of you medical types explain this better?

Obvious---not...But enjoy the coffee, the caffeine is great in the morning...:coffee:

(Caffeine (also caffein) is a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that is a psychoactive stimulant drug.)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine

PlatypusMan
11-02-2010, 23:41
Drugs?

What is this "drugs" you speak of?

For that matter, what is "younger"?

PPM

navyhmc
11-02-2010, 23:46
I personally know of one diving death from LSD...dropped acid and dove-not a good combination. I wasn't his buddy but was at the site when he buddy came up asking for help - the best he could think is the guy started to think he was a fish at 40fsw, stripped all his gear off and made a crash dive to at least 160'. That's where his buddy lost him and surfaced.

scubastud
11-03-2010, 01:13
I don't understand this one... what is the point/purpose of this thread?

mm2002
11-03-2010, 05:06

To find out who smokes pot. :smiley36:
I'd think if you want to find stoners, you'd go somewhere besides a scuba forum.

scubagirlj
11-03-2010, 05:19
define "drugs"........have been hospitalized many times for broken things-recieved some MAJOR medication, does that count?

mm2002
11-03-2010, 05:48
define "drugs"........have been hospitalized many times(probably not as many times as lulu though) for broken things-recieved some MAJOR medication, does that count?

Whether prescribed by a doctor, or self administered, drugs are drugs. Pot is not a drug, it's a medicinal herb.

TJDiver
11-03-2010, 07:03
Whether prescribed by a doctor, or self administered, drugs are drugs. Pot is not a drug, it's a medicinal herb.

Yeah, IMO pot is less of a drug than booze. For it to be illegal is just assinine. I've had two uncles, on different sides of the family, drink themselves to death. I've never heard of anyone killing themselves, or otherwise ruining their lives, with pot...and, I've known a LOT of people that smoked, and still smoke, pot.

gNats
11-03-2010, 07:08

+1. Not something you should post on a forum anyway.

Gonnagettanked
11-03-2010, 08:04
"Silence is Golden"

scubagirlj
11-03-2010, 08:13
wait a minute- this could explain A LOT about big-terrible spelling, grammar & syntax, loses train of thought, has seemingly hallucinogenic experiences while diving, asks a lot of questions & then ignores advice-DRUG USE!!!!!

Lulubelle
11-03-2010, 08:22
Pointless thread BM.

To clarify one point though, THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, is already in a prescription medication which comes in a pill form. And no I will not tell you what it is or what it is used for. So to me, it is very very silly that a physician cannot prescribe it (in my state at least) via smoking to patients who have problems/symptoms for which it has been well studied.

Cocaine is also used in ENT surgeries.

My point being, the cache of legally prescribed medications is derived from plants, from labs, from animals, and so on. The line between legal and illegal is not as hard and fast as some people think. So calling marijuana an herb...well...so what?

Now back to marijuana. It is far safer than alcohol imho. However, it is still a psychoactive drug. And in some individuals, it can cause full on psychosis. So while I may not care if my dive buddy smoked last weekend, I care a whole lot if he smoked last night or this morning and we have a dive planned. Now granted individuals may know themselves to be free of significant side effects from smoking it. However, diving is diving, and it is not OK for them to assume the same to be true at depth or for them to put me at risk by taking this chance. And quite frankly, there are many legally prescribed medications which concern me even more.

BSea
11-03-2010, 08:42
Pointless thread BM.

To clarify one point though, THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, is already in a prescription medication which comes in a pill form. And no I will not tell you what it is or what it is used for. So to me, it is very very silly that a physician cannot prescribe it (in my state at least) via smoking to patients who have problems/symptoms for which it has been well studied.

My point being, the cache of legally prescribed medications is derived from plants, from labs, from animals, and so on. The line between legal and illegal is not as hard and fast as some people think. So calling marijuana an herb...well...so what?

Now back to marijuana. It is far safer than alcohol imho. However, it is still a psychoactive drug. And in some individuals, it can cause full on psychosis. So while I may not care if my dive buddy smoked last weekend, I care a whole lot if he smoked last night or this morning and we have a dive planned. Now granted individuals may know themselves to be free of significant side effects from smoking it. However, diving is diving, and it is not OK for them to assume the same to be true at depth or for them to put me at risk by taking this chance. And quite frankly, there are many legally prescribed medications which concern me even more.

Well said. Although I don't know about marijuana being "FAR" safer. I guess it depends on the circumstances. Being behind the wheel of a car after drinking or smoking, is a potential deadly situation. The same goes for the many legally prescribed medications. If you are referring to the long term abuse of alcohol vrs marijuana, then I'll go along with you because I just don't know.

And add me to the list of people wondering the purpose of this thread.

Lulubelle
11-03-2010, 08:58
Well said. Although I don't know about marijuana being "FAR" safer. I guess it depends on the circumstances. Being behind the wheel of a car after drinking or smoking, is a potential deadly situation. The same goes for the many legally prescribed medications. If you are referring to the long term abuse of alcohol vrs marijuana, then I'll go along with you because I just don't know.

And add me to the list of people wondering the purpose of this thread.

Good point BSea. Impairment is impairment, regardless of the cause or activity being engaged in. I vaguely remember a driving study which pointed out how the driving behaviors of people under the influence of different substances do differ, but I think we can all agree that no driving should be the standard for all who are using mind altering substances. I guess where I see alcohol being the more dangerous drug is when it comes to violent crimes, abuse, etc. And the fact that because it is "legal", people don't often recognize it as the problem it is.

Alcohol simply won a political lottery.

As a healthcare provider, I have seen a lot of carnage from both legal and illegal substances. And to be honest, the carnage I have seen from legal substances has been far worse. But then again, I have not been in a meth clinic. What bugs me is that much of what is legal is not always safe, but everyone is comfortable with it's legal status, and some of what is illegal may represent a less addictive and less toxic choice to control a medical problem, and yet it is not legal. Works against sound logic.

And for all of you tokers out there, no I really don't care if you are responsible for yourself. Just don't smoke the night before we dive and there will be no issues.

bigman241
11-03-2010, 09:31
By drugs I mean any substance a person would take to get a buzz or high from. Be it pot, coke, pcp. or prescription drugs, their all drugs. Not so much taking a vicodon because you broke your leg.

Was not trying to find stoners, if I was I would not have done the poll, I did it so everyone could answer without worrying about who read it. sure I smoked pot as a teenager, but quite when I was about 17 (8years ago) see no need or reasoning for it, expect for those who have a REAL medical reason for it.

And my spelling and grammar was bad before I did not inhale

Pot being good, bad or ok for a person really depends on the person, i smoked it for alittle time and stopped, never got in trouble or anything, a friend of mine went from straight As to Fs in 4 months and never touched another drug, To me it is a drug because it alters your state of mind and thinking.

Did not really mean for it to be before during or after diving, though it fits, I will not drink so much as a beer before hunting, diving or anything that needs my full attention. My reasoning for asking was I had a guy tell me pot makes hunting alot less boring

scubastud
11-03-2010, 09:46
Well fine, a discussion on legalization of pot, or does pot make hunting less boring...
but i will not vote on a poll asking hey have you ever or are now engaging in an illegal activity?

By the way, I would not hunt with someone on pot or any other controlled substance.

bigman241
11-03-2010, 09:55
AGREED, I had a guy offer to let me hunt with him and would not cause I knew he was a pot head. Two years ago I scrubbed a hunt, cause a girl who was hunting just down from me pulled up to the parking area and her car smelled more like pot then a POT PLANT. TO many risk doing something with a gun, to increase it with a drug.
Well fine, a discussion on legalization of pot, or does pot make hunting less boring...
but i will not vote on a poll asking hey have you ever or are now engaging in an illegal activity?

By the way, I would not hunt with someone on pot or any other controlled substance.

bigman241
11-03-2010, 09:56
I did find it funny to hear all the talk lately on legalizing but then to see it be voted down in CALI LMAO

TJDiver
11-03-2010, 09:57
I think that was just your friend, big. I smoked in high school quite regularly, and had pretty much straight A's, with the occassional B. Also, there are those who will lace pot with other substances to increase demand for their "better" smoke. At that point, it's not really the pot that's impairing a person to the degree they're being impaired. Pot was the victim of an industry revolt against a substance that could have easily competed with, or even taken the place of, many textiles and commodities of the day. Hemp provides some very versatile fibers that are useful for a great number of things. It also contains oil that serves as a good alternative fuel. In short, it is useful for many things besides getting high. However, because it also held that trait, it was relatively easy to manipulate legislation against it for "the good of the people" in an effort to eliminate potential competition for certain industries. Lulu is 100% correct...it was the victim of a political lottery...a rigged lottery at that. Because of the subsequent stigma that was attached to it, you'll find even the most hardcore drunk telling you how bad pot is for you...which I've personally seen with my uncles, and found downright hilarious...up until the point they died as a direct result of their drinking.

Lulubelle
11-03-2010, 10:00
I did find it funny to hear all the talk lately on legalizing but then to see it be voted down in CALI LMAO

I think the citizens of Cali made a wise choice. Do you know how many zillions of dollars were going to be consumed in lawsuits, issues around the conflict between federal and state law, etc? It would have been foolhardy to pass such a bill at this point.

I shudder to think about your hunting friend being stoned and carrying weapons in the woods. Hope he sees 30.

BSea
11-03-2010, 10:10
I shudder to think about your hunting friend being stoned and carrying weapons in the woods. Hope he sees 30.

I hope his hunting partner(s) see 30.

TJDiver
11-03-2010, 10:27
I think the citizens of Cali made a wise choice. Do you know how many zillions of dollars were going to be consumed in lawsuits, issues around the conflict between federal and state law, etc? It would have been foolhardy to pass such a bill at this point.

Actually, I shudder to think of how many zillions of dollars were lost in potential tax revenue...and, we all know Cali could use that right about now. :smiley2:

bigman241
11-03-2010, 10:35
ta, he is 33, but still, to many things can happen.
I hope his hunting partner(s) see 30.

divingmedic
11-03-2010, 11:09
I came of age in the really really early 70's. I smoked a ton of pot. But then I had to become a responsible adult and leave that stuff alone. For those that feel pot is harmless are deluding themselves. It is still known to be a gateway drug. There is no way to measure levels of intoxication for pot. Everything is abused in some way or another. And any thing abused is harmful.

divingmedic
11-03-2010, 11:10
Actually, I shudder to think of how many zillions of dollars were lost in potential tax revenue...and, we all know Cali could use that right about now. :smiley2:
California will be like Somalia in 3 years.

divingmedic
11-03-2010, 11:17
Good point BSea. Impairment is impairment, regardless of the cause or activity being engaged in. I vaguely remember a driving study which pointed out how the driving behaviors of people under the influence of different substances do differ, but I think we can all agree that no driving should be the standard for all who are using mind altering substances. I guess where I see alcohol being the more dangerous drug is when it comes to violent crimes, abuse, etc. And the fact that because it is "legal", people don't often recognize it as the problem it is.

Alcohol simply won a political lottery.

As a healthcare provider, I have seen a lot of carnage from both legal and illegal substances. And to be honest, the carnage I have seen from legal substances has been far worse. But then again, I have not been in a meth clinic. What bugs me is that much of what is legal is not always safe, but everyone is comfortable with it's legal status, and some of what is illegal may represent a less addictive and less toxic choice to control a medical problem, and yet it is not legal. Works against sound logic.

And for all of you tokers out there, no I really don't care if you are responsible for yourself. Just don't smoke the night before we dive and there will be no issues.
So by your logic someone who takes a Actifed or Benadryl for seasonal allergies should not drive. What about those taking medication to control IDDM or NIDDM? I can not even tell you how many MVI's I make because a diabetic while driving has a hypoglycemic episode. Should they not be driving also.

While pot does have certain benefits for certain limited medical conditions, the fact is that many will abuse it. You see it in the cereal bowl called California.

Zeagle Eagle
11-03-2010, 12:16
Really, the poll is kinda silly. "POT" is not a drug, and yes it should be legal. As far as "drugs", well I'm a child of the 70's and 80's.....I tried 'em all. The ones I liked, I tried several times...........the ones I REALLY liked.......well............:smiley29:

I'm older now, so those days are over. I like beer and whiskey! :smiley20:

Pot is a drug and that is an irrefutable fact. If you legalize it more people will do drugs that also is an irrefutable fact.

TJDiver
11-03-2010, 12:20
Pot is a drug and that is an irrefutable fact. If you legalize it more people will do drugs that also is an irrefutable fact.

:smilie39:

Zeagle Eagle
11-03-2010, 12:20
Pointless thread BM.

Best post of the thread!

Food for thought: Imagine what you could have been if you didn't do drugs?

Zeagle Eagle
11-03-2010, 12:23
TJDiver, I see you have no intelligent response.:smilie39:

TJDiver
11-03-2010, 12:29
Best post of the thread!

Food for thought: Imagine what you could have been if you didn't do drugs?

Oh...I don't know...a software engineer perhaps. Oh wait...I'm that anyways. Lighten up, Francis. I smoked pot like a fiend back in the day, and I can design/develop/write enterprise level systems with the best of them. I also have good friends that still smoke, and they design much more complex things than I do. Do you really think that everyone that ever smoked pot are worthless bums, incapable of anything more complex than twisting up their next doob?

TJDiver
11-03-2010, 12:30
TJDiver, I see you have no intelligent response.:smilie39:

Only for intelligent posts. :smiley36:

Zeagle Eagle
11-03-2010, 12:36
Oh...I don't know...a software engineer perhaps. Oh wait...I'm that anyways. Lighten up, Francis. I smoked pot like a fiend back in the day, and I can design/develop/write enterprise level systems with the best of them. I also have good friends that still smoke, and they design much more complex things than I do. Do you really think that everyone that ever smoked pot are worthless bums, incapable of anything more complex than twisting up their next doob?

Perhaps if you didn't smoke pot you may have owned the company instead of working for it. No, I don't think that everyone that ever smoked pot are worthless bums, incapable of anything more complex than twisting up their next doob; but, I do think that they stifled their potential.

Zeagle Eagle
11-03-2010, 12:40
Only for intelligent posts. :smiley36:
I take it then that you didn't bother to research the subject. Your mind is made up. No amount of research will change your mind. Fair enough. I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you. I will respect your opinion; but, disagree with it.

TJDiver
11-03-2010, 13:22
I take it then that you didn't bother to research the subject. Your mind is made up. No amount of research will change your mind. Fair enough. I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you. I will respect your opinion; but, disagree with it.

Sorry...didn't mean to be insulting in any fashion...just responding to your post in which I thought you were joking around too because of the LOL icon. I just see so many spout off "facts" about the subject out of ignorance. I think you'd be surprised to find out just how many people you know smoke the "evil weed". And, what makes you think I haven't researched the subject? I've lived the subject in the past, and have researched it thoroughly in the present. There is indeed much ignorance spouted off by the uninitiated on a subject with which they have zero experience. I once had someone tell me it was an irrefutable fact that those that smoke pot hallucinate from its use. Maybe if it's laced with another drug, but not on its own. More harm has been done by the war on drugs (pot), than pot itself. It is absolutely absurd the number of lives ruined, money spent, and resources wasted on battling something that inflicts far fewer adverse effects than many of our legal substances...especially alcohol.

BTW, you assume I'm remotely interested in owning a company. When I went back to school for computer science, I spent the first three years outta school as an independent developer, and I found even that to be too much hassle...not because of a lack of motivation on my part, but because it bit too heavily into other aspects of life. Owning/operating a buisness takes an enoumous amount of your time and energy, and I enjoy very much taking my diving trips, riding my motorcycle cross country, 4-wheeling in the mountains, boating, jet skiing, blah blah blah. Does this sound like someone that's missing out on life because he smoked a little weed in the past? Like I said, I run across a lot of ignorance on the subject.

Speaking of research, are you aware that some recent studies indicate that it is possible pot possesses cancer inhibiting properties? Like divingmedic said, anything abused is most likely harmful, but the ignorance surrounding pot is staggering...pardon the pun. :smiley2:

loudgonzo
11-03-2010, 13:34
Like divingmedic said, anything abused is most likely harmful, but the ignorance surrounding pot is staggering...pardon the pun. :smiley2:

Like caffeine..
British man dies of caffeine overdose: report - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/british_man_dies_of_caffeine_overdose_lC01R67bOfmI LyIxyZYZiJ)

TJDiver
11-03-2010, 13:44
Like caffeine..
British man dies of caffeine overdose: report - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/british_man_dies_of_caffeine_overdose_lC01R67bOfmI LyIxyZYZiJ)

Even water...
Water overdose kills woman in Wii challenge | World news | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/jan/15/usa)

Zeagle Eagle
11-03-2010, 14:06
TJDive, I didn't take your post as insulting. I was trying to engage you in a meaningful dialogue. Why don't you smoke anymore?

mm2002
11-03-2010, 14:54
I smoked a lot of pot back in the days, and it worked! I don't have glaucoma! Also, the short term memory loss comes in quite handy..,..you don't remember what pissed you off yesterday, so you're a lot happier today.

bottomdweller
11-03-2010, 15:44
Man, this thread is giving me the munchies...:smiley29:

inventor
11-03-2010, 16:00
or does pot make hunting less boring...

:smilie39::smiley32::smiley36::smilie39:

Been hunting, not drugs but tons of liquor!

YouTube - Da Yoopers- Second Week of Deer Camp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9yhhflmvY)

mm2002
11-03-2010, 18:16
Man, this thread is giving me the munchies...:smiley29:

Yeah, I just downed a whole sack 'o cheetos and I'm going to bed. Screw this.

Rileybri
11-03-2010, 18:35
why are you all looking at me? Stop looking at.........what were we talking abo.......mmmmmm halloween candy!

alpha
11-03-2010, 20:19
Please-Please-Please get a definition before commenting...Many quotes obviously show your knowledge of the definition of the word drug. But, some of the thread quotes have been pure :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:...
On second thought, don't read anything....it's funnier as is....:smilie39:

I will list some of the choices that you are probably referring to:::
Drug - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary (http://mw2.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/drug)Definition of DRUG

b : a substance used as a medication (http://mw2.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/drug#) or in the preparation of medication c according to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (1) : a substance recognized in an official pharmacopoeia or formulary (2) : a substance intended for use in the diagnosis (http://mw2.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/drug#), cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease (3) : a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body (http://mw2.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/drug#) (4) : a substance intended for use as a component of a medicine (http://mw2.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/drug#) but not a device or a component, part, or accessory of a device

: something and often an illegal substance that causes addiction, habituation, or a marked change in consciousness .

scubastud
11-03-2010, 20:54
Love (noun) :
1. is the drug, and I need to score. 2. is the drug I'm thinking of. 3. is the drug got a hook in me.

Love is the drug for me.

chinacat46
11-03-2010, 21:09
Squirrels.

bennerman
11-03-2010, 21:09
yep, I did drugs when I was younger. I recall my nasty meth habit when I was 7 :smilie39:

alpha
11-03-2010, 21:15
Squirrels.

No,...Mules...:smilie39:

Bigg_Budd
11-04-2010, 00:00
this thread is awesome. thank you, bigman.

TJDiver
11-04-2010, 00:55
TJDive, I didn't take your post as insulting. I was trying to engage you in a meaningful dialogue. Why don't you smoke anymore?

Oh, I don't know...just not that big of a priority for me. I don't know why I get into these discussions. It's an old subject for me, and just not worth risking my career, and thus, my family's well being, over such a trivial matter. It's moreso the position the gov takes on such subjects I take issue with, rather than the subject itself. It's quite a waste that does our country more harm than good if you ask me...but then, there are many things about our gov that could be described as such. :smiley2:

Also, sorry if I came across a bit snide'ish in previous posts. For the past couple of days, I've been re-coding some things because someone decided to get cute with some new database structures. My breaks found me in here in a bad mood a few times.

Now, where did mm put those cheetos? :smiley36:

divingmedic
11-04-2010, 08:33
Love (noun) :
1. is the drug, and I need to score. 2. is the drug I'm thinking of. 3. is the drug got a hook in me.

Love is the drug for me.
Roxy, good song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n3OepDn5GU&ob=av2n

mzbdiver
11-04-2010, 08:49
Well I'm still young, and I've avoided all drugs (and by drugs Alpha, I mean controlled substances)

I feel like today, young people take drugs as a form of "rebellion", much like alcohol consumption. It's "rebellion" because it's the forbidden fruit, they've been told by educators, parents, etc. so they feel like it is a forbidden thing.

As Ovid said: "what is denied us causes us intense desire"

divingmedic
11-04-2010, 14:42
As Ovid said: "what is denied us causes us intense desire"
Is that why guys are always trying to get into a woman's pants???:smiley36:

Noob
11-04-2010, 14:48

Nice!

Nope never have never will do drugs. I have no desire. I've smoked one cigar in my life. Actually just a puff. It tasted like dog crap smells. Whats the point. LOL

Beer is a different story. I like me some beers! NO LIGHT BEERS!! Its not beer if you can clearly see through it.:smiley36:

divingmedic
11-04-2010, 14:51

Beer is a different story. I like me some beers! NO LIGHT BEERS!! Its not beer if you can clearly see through it.:smiley36:
I am a total beer snob. After spending two years in Europe I can not drink that mass produced American crap.

Noob
11-04-2010, 15:02
I'm pretty much the same. Most of it I'll tolerate if its cold and free but If I'm buying its a micro brew with flavor. Bud light is one of the beers I can not drink.

scubastud
11-04-2010, 17:26
Bud Light is horrid. Mass produced American beers .. well shouldn't be called beer.
I do like some "clear" beers though,
Stella Artois comes to mind.

alpha
11-04-2010, 17:31
I've had the light beer warm = stronger taste "resembling" a darker beer to me. Just to try if a desperate moment occurs at a friends house.

bennerman
11-04-2010, 17:33

what does Ovid have to do with transvestites? :smilie39:

divingmedic
11-04-2010, 17:42
I'm pretty much the same. Most of it I'll tolerate if its cold and free but If I'm buying its a micro brew with flavor. Bud light is one of the beers I can not drink.
I will turn down free beer if it has the words "lite" or "light" in it.

scubastud
11-04-2010, 17:44
Who is Ovid.. some blogger? :smiley36:

mm2002
11-04-2010, 18:34
Now, where did mm put those cheetos? :smiley36:

Sorry dude, the Cheetos are gone, however, I have this fresh pack 'o Oreos and a half gallon of vanilla ice cream. Dig in.

naplestreasures
11-20-2010, 19:37
Pot isn't a drug and shouldn't be illegal.
I've heard so many people cry about how pot is addictive.
Poppycock.
I've been smoking pot for 35 years and I ain't hooked yet.....LOL

UCFKnightDiver
11-20-2010, 20:38
So... it's not a drug because it's not addictive? That doesn't make sense. Also I have some friends including a roommate who smokes all the time, and especially for my roommate, if he doesn't smoke he gets irritable, a headache, and nervous. Addictive? not sure but sure seems like it.

When Googling the question "Is Marijuana an addictive drug?" There were many websites that say it is, here are just the first two to pop up...
http://addiction-dirkh.********.com/2007/05/is-marijuana-addictive.html
http://www.justice.gov/dea/ongoing/marijuana.html

emclean
11-26-2010, 11:42
I'm not sure i am on teh drugs are bad bandwagion, they just aint for me. (i RCS with out help)

scubastud
11-26-2010, 12:49

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smiley36::smiley36: :smilie39::smilie39:

mzbdiver
11-26-2010, 17:42

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smiley36::smiley36: :smilie39::smilie39:

No SS, Not at all

Splitlip
11-27-2010, 20:15
no
YouTube - Uriah Heep - Wizard (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0iuaxvkXv4)
YouTube - Mr. Skin by Spirit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzdnz82TSZw)
YouTube - King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gsfyAXOoc4&feature=related)
YouTube - Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Take a Pebble (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0B-PdnZJQ4)
YouTube - Foghat - Slow Ride (Live) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfj0_IBMfGQ)
YouTube - Purple Haze - Smoke on the Water (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sNq3gCqx6k)
YouTube - Iron Man-Black Sabbath-Lyrics Included (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LjbMVXj0F8&playnext=1&list=PL1679D272AB59A150&index=1)
YouTube - Blue Oyster Cult - Godzilla (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6rDWqjnW7w)
YouTube - Edgar Winter Group - Frankenstein (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1mV_5-bRPo)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0iuaxvkXv4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlPjxz4LGak&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9D0UHP7x4&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl6s1x9j4QQ&feature=player_embedded
Enjoy guys. You know who you are.:smiley2:

scubastud
11-27-2010, 20:18
Uh oh.. I like all those tunes but .. I don't abide.. really I don't

On a similar thread... I am shocked beyond words ! This is so hard to believe!!

Willie Nelson charged with pot possession in Texas - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101127/ap_on_re_us/us_nelson_marijuana)

Splitlip
11-27-2010, 20:45
Actually...litmis test is you did not need drugs with these..

I went to dinner with my 18 year old. We were talking about her 9th grade BF, whom I really liked. He was all about rock of that genre as well as alternative rock. As am I. So he must have been a good kid.

So we started searching for these (and the riffs)....

Splitlip
11-27-2010, 20:46
Uh oh.. I like all those tunes but .. I don't abide.. really I don't

Willie Nelson charged with pot possession in Texas - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101127/ap_on_re_us/us_nelson_marijuana)

Oh man.. Willie is an icon; loved and appreciated by all. Officer must have been having a bad day.

scubastud
11-27-2010, 20:48
ahhh cool.

This Willie Nelson stuff tees me off. We have forgave him for being in that horrid Dukes of Hazard movie , so it's all good.
Why don't let the ol guy smoke a little weed for cryin out loud.

FREE WILLIE!!

Splitlip
11-27-2010, 21:06
And look at his philanthropy!

Willie Nelson's Charity Work, Events and Causes (http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/465-willie-nelson)

Splitlip
11-27-2010, 21:10
ahhh cool.

This Willie Nelson stuff tees me off. We have forgave him for being in that horrid Dukes of Hazard movie , so it's all good.
Why don't let the ol guy smoke a little weed for cryin out loud.

FREE WILLIE!!

Oh wait..

Free the willie?

Is that like Shaving Ryan's privates? Or Shindler's Fist? The Devil Wears Nada?

Oh, I get it! LOL

scubagirlj
11-27-2010, 21:11
And look at his philanthropy!

Willie Nelson's Charity Work, Events and Causes (http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/465-willie-nelson)
that god***m potsmoking hippie freak!!

Splitlip
11-27-2010, 23:17
I think this is David Allen Coe. LOL

YouTube - I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfgZH8kFAKc&feature=related)

Splitlip
11-27-2010, 23:39
On an aside.

Can't believe Coe is 72. :smiley20:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX82aGya5Rc&feature=related

Vercingetorix
11-28-2010, 06:19

[rant on]
When the h*ll are we going to end this War on Drugs, especially the ganja? It's a waste of money and many cancer patients benefit from its use. The rights of citizens continue to be abused, where property is siezed because it is suspected as having been purchased with drug money. In fact, many police departments' budgets depend on seizing and selling property (read this in multiple sources). Especially heinious is that absolutely no proof of druig involvement is required for seizure. Warrants are not written against the person; rather, they are written against the property. Therefore, no civil liberties vkiolations can be claimed because only people, not property, have liberties. When the victims of this police brutality attempt to recover their property, it may take years and thousands in legal fees.

I hate the anti-drug laws with a passion, and I curse the legislators, police officers,and DAs that keep them in place. I could never be a police officer, because I do not support this effort.

[/end rant]