PDA

View Full Version : JDC- worthy of the hype

scubagirlj
11-03-2010, 07:50
dove with the much acclaimed JDC yesterday- had 2 great dives, despite minor gear hiccups of mine(easliy remedied)-well run, no frills outfit that seem to know their stuff-capt tim was jovial & thorough:smiley20:-office help was very friendly(because someone had given them the heads up?:smiley9:)-dive leader was friendly & informative-deckhand needs a bit of motivation, but he's just a kid-had a weird group of 12 plus me-father/son & father/daughter combos, 2 speedo guys(that didnt have the bods for them-MY EYES!!)teacher/ getting cert student, and a couple & 2 singles-saw some BIG stuff(nurse sharks, turtle, morays, goliaths)-all in all, glad its "local"-cant wait to go back!

TJDiver
11-03-2010, 07:54
Who is JDC, and where are they located? And yeah...speedos on non-speedo bodies...my eyes indeed...thanks for the mental image early this AM, SGJ! :smiley29: :smiley36:

scubagirlj
11-03-2010, 08:08
jupiter dive center in jupiter fl-how do you think i felt!!-i was cooped up with the non speedo bodies(to be known as NSB from now on)on the trip out, the SI & the trip back-and they had NO shame-sticking the hoze nozzle down the fronts was uncalled for behavior!!yucky!!but i am finding them, the NSBs on more & more trips, kinda like lionfish-LMAO

TJDiver
11-03-2010, 08:10
jupiter dive center in jupiter fl-how do you think i felt!!-i was cooped up with the non speedo bodies(to be known as NSB from now on)on the trip out, the SI & the trip back-and they had NO shame-sticking the hoze nozzle down the fronts was uncalled for behavior!!yucky!!but i am finding them, the NSBs on more & more trips, kinda like lionfish-LMAO

And equally offensive to the local environment. :smilie39:

Lulubelle
11-03-2010, 08:11

You wouldn't enjoy Europe very much then J. Everyone wears speedos, regardless of body type. They are just bodies. Come in all shapes and sizes. Cure for finding them offensive is not to look.

I'd draw the line at sticking the hose nozzle down the front too.

scubagirlj
11-03-2010, 08:22
my favorite story is from xel-ha mexico: there were lockers outside of the shower/changing rooms-you were expected to get your stuff from locker & go into appropriote (sp)room- well, there was a woman with her little(4-5 yr old)boy on other side of the wall of lockers-i was finishing packing my stuff when i heard this voice"mommy, LOOK AT THAT MAN'S(muffled sound)"-evidently, some man decided to just strip down in front of said woman & child-mom obviously put her hand quickly over child's mouth-pretty funny-

John Yaskowich
11-03-2010, 12:30
NSB's (of both sexes) need to remember that "Spandex is a privilege, not a Right"

TJDiver
11-03-2010, 12:33
NSB's (of both sexes) need to remember that "Spandex is a privilege, not a Right"

:smilie39: Amen! :smilie39:

Splitlip
11-03-2010, 19:55
Honestly. You guys are pieces of work.
Derailing a thread with vulgar innuendo.

OP should have immediately reported it to a mod instead of joining in with the sophomoric banter.

I find it mildly offensive and somewhat not dive related so I'm out of here!

navyhmc
11-03-2010, 20:02
Split, don't make me pull out the picture of you in a speedo.... :smiley36:

Besides, she started it!!!!! :smilie39:

Splitlip
11-03-2010, 20:12
don't make me pull out our Club Med pics. Remember "Paul Bunyan and Babe the Ox"? LOL. :smiley2:

navyhmc
11-03-2010, 20:17
Truce? :smilie39:

scubagirlj
11-03-2010, 20:27
what? you're going to pull split out of a speedo?-THAT would be a magician's trick even I'D pay to see.....

Splitlip
11-03-2010, 20:31
New Jupiter diver....

Visit us in the Conch divers forum and get to know your neighbors in the next few weeks.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/trips-local-marketplace-florida/358290-saturday-after-thanksgiving-11-27-bhb-turkey-fry.html

FWIW, don't need to be a "Conch Diver" or a Floridian for that matter.

Splitlip
11-03-2010, 20:36
Judy and Mark:

You may not recognize some of the Florida locations, but most are further than you guys. Also...we get regulars from 1000+ miles away.

Lulubelle
11-03-2010, 21:05
Split, don't make me pull out the picture of you in a speedo.... :smiley36:

No, please don't. :smiley11: