PDA

View Full Version : Hey friends =)

Foo2
11-03-2010, 14:00
Hey y'all! It's the long lost Foo2. :smiley9: Sorry I've been MIA so much lately. My kiddos have been keeping me pretty busy. It's amazing what one more foo baby will do to your internet time! I'm sad to say that my plan to dive this summer didn't happen. :smiley19: I'm dry rotting. I'm so disappointed that I will likely have to wait until next summer to get some water time. I have been itching to dive, but the foo kids have prevented me from doing any. *sigh* My hope is to catch some blue water next summer. That sounds soooooo good! I hope you are all well, and hopefully I'll be hanging around more often.:smiley31:

inventor
11-03-2010, 14:05
Welcome back, hope all is well with the family.

Ya outta Foo somebody, just 'cause, and let 'em know you're back for sure.

FFDiver
11-03-2010, 14:08
Welcome back!! I know how diving plans change, I was planning on diving a bunch this year and made three dives before my back messed up and now I get to wait until at least Jan. maybe Feb.

bennerman
11-03-2010, 14:57
I'm sad to say that my plan to dive this summer didn't happen. :smiley19:

Don't worry, I got in enough diving to make up for it :smiley20:

navyhmc
11-03-2010, 15:20
Welcome back! Sorry to hear that your plans have been derailed (yeah, kids will do that. :smiley36: )

I am hoping though that mini-foo2 has been doing well and just keeping you hopping and nothing that we need to worry about.:smiley20:

TwistedSister209
11-03-2010, 15:28
Welcome back! Sorry to hear that your plans have been derailed (yeah, kids will do that. :smiley36: )

I am hoping though that mini-foo2 has been doing well and just keeping you hopping and nothing that we need to worry about.:smiley20:

+1 Have missed you too!
Here's to warm weather, blue water and great dives.

BSea
11-03-2010, 15:46
Hey Foo2. Yeah, it's been kinda quiet here for the last few months. Bet you can't say that :). Glad to hear things are well. And of course . . . .Welcome Back!!.

Diver Kat
11-03-2010, 15:56
Foo!!! We've MISSED you around here!!! Glad you're doing well .... except for the dry rot!! You need to find a pool in your area, gear up and sit on the bottom for some quiet time!!:smiley36:

scubastud
11-03-2010, 16:52
Hmm,, I could of sworn I posted here and said welcome back....

Was I foo'd?

bennerman
11-03-2010, 17:21
Hmm,, I could of sworn I posted here and said welcome back....

Was I foo'd?

http://daily.likeme.net/lm/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/yeahhh.jpg

TJDiver
11-04-2010, 01:09
Welcome back. Just keep telling yourself..."They're built-in dive buddies as they grow older." :smiley36:

divingmedic
11-04-2010, 08:39
Hey y'all! It's the long lost Foo2. :smiley9: Sorry I've been MIA so much lately. My kiddos have been keeping me pretty busy. It's amazing what one more foo baby will do to your internet time! I'm sad to say that my plan to dive this summer didn't happen. :smiley19: I'm dry rotting. I'm so disappointed that I will likely have to wait until next summer to get some water time. I have been itching to dive, but the foo kids have prevented me from doing any. *sigh* My hope is to catch some blue water next summer. That sounds soooooo good! I hope you are all well, and hopefully I'll be hanging around more often.:smiley31:
How many Foo's are you up to now?

Foo2
11-04-2010, 08:45
How many Foo's are you up to now?
There are 3 fookids now. =)

divingmedic
11-04-2010, 08:46
Congrats! First grandbaby born last year. She came two days after her dad got back from Iraq. They are moving down here next month.

mzbdiver
11-04-2010, 08:52

So up to Foo5 now?

Diver Kat
11-04-2010, 09:21

So up to Foo5 now?

Or do you go ... Foo + Foo2 = Young Foo, Little Foo & Minnie Foo!:smilie39:

Foo2
11-04-2010, 10:38
Or do you go ... Foo + Foo2 = Young Foo, Little Foo & Minnie Foo!:smilie39:

Well, if you want to get technical...Plot made a family tree a long time ago. It might be floating around here somewhere. I'll break it down as easily as possible:

My dad - FooMan
My mom - Foo (She was the original "Foo")
Myself - Foo2
My husband - FooMan2
My oldest son - Fookid
My youngest son - Fookid2 (Originally names FooBaby)
My daughter - Minni Foo2
My sister - Foo3
My sister's daughter - Minni Foo3

No, there's not a FooMan3 yet and yes, all of the adults are divers. :smiley32:

chinacat46
11-04-2010, 10:42
So what exactly is a foo anything like a widget?

Diver Kat
11-04-2010, 10:56
Great list Foo!!! And would make for a cool family tree! Someone should design it and put it all on a T-shirt for you! LOL!! :smiley36:

Foo2
11-04-2010, 10:58
So what exactly is a foo anything like a widget?

Yes, but no. =) *insert chimes*
Back in 1999 Momma Foo wanted a computer. She searched high and low for the cheapest one out there. Then she decided that the internet would be the way to go....so she searched high and low for the cheapest internet. She was given an automated login that had several numbers with "foo" in it. Momma Foo thought that was pretty funny. So to the internet world, she became lawgirlfoo. No....she isn't a lawyer...law is part of her name. Anyway, as she got involved in a few message boards, people began to shorten her name to Foo.....well the nickname stuck. When she started diving, she joined SB and naturally she was Foo. I was dubbed Foo2 after my OW cert by the Texas Swamp Divers. Then the Foo-lishness started. A long time ago there was a whole thread full of "foo-isms". With a little digging it could probably be found.

divingmedic
11-04-2010, 14:48
Well, if you want to get technical...Plot made a family tree a long time ago. It might be floating around here somewhere. I'll break it down as easily as possible:

My dad - FooMan
My mom - Foo (She was the original "Foo")
Myself - Foo2
My husband - FooMan2
My oldest son - Fookid
My youngest son - Fookid2 (Originally names FooBaby)
My daughter - Minni Foo2
My sister - Foo3
My sister's daughter - Minni Foo3

No, there's not a FooMan3 yet and yes, all of the adults are divers. :smiley32:
Sounds almost like a Ma an Pa Kettle movie.

navyhmc
11-04-2010, 15:07
I like it!!!! Fooman2...:smiley36:

Foo2
11-04-2010, 15:26
I like it!!!! Fooman2...:smiley36:

Navy, we've been on this board together for 3 years and you have never heard that?

navyhmc
11-04-2010, 15:56
Sorry, I haven't...I missed that thread. I knew there was something like that, but had not heard about Fooman2 (Sounds too much like Fumanchu :smiley36:) In fact, I didn't know the entire foo family tree either.

divingmedic
11-04-2010, 17:37
Navy, we've been on this board together for 3 years and you have never heard that?
He makes so many posts on so many threads he can not keep up. Either that he needs to start taking Geritol.:smiley2:

Splitlip
11-04-2010, 18:22
Hi Foo!

I composed a post about you yesterday when one of your old threads popped up. But when I could not find the right emoticon, I realized I might appear a stalker, LOL.

Happy you are doing well. Enjoy the kids. (I am a new empty nester, and jonesin' hard.) :)

PACKRMAN
11-04-2010, 19:32
hi foo!

I composed a post about you yesterday when one of your old threads popped up. But when i could not find the right emoticon, i realized i might appear a stalker, lol.

Happy you are doing well. Enjoy the kids. (i am a new empty nester, and jonesin' hard.) :)

brown noser

:smiley36:

Splitlip
11-04-2010, 21:05
brown noser

:smiley36:

She's the "FOO", Bro.

Fear her!

divingmedic
11-05-2010, 08:22
She's the "FOO", Bro.

Fear her!
Got Foo'd for the first time the other. Three years on here and three post's FOO'd.

TJDiver
11-05-2010, 09:01
I got Foo'd the other day in the happy thread...but, it wasn't exactly a direct hit...I think I was just collateral damage. :smiley36:

alpha
11-05-2010, 09:34
After seeing the pictures of the Foo girls, That sounds like a good thing...:heartpump::heartpump::heartpump:

cgvmer
11-05-2010, 11:04
Hey...your not the only one that was put off track by the kids. Not a single dive this summer, last water in April.. and none in sight. UGH!

TJDiver
11-05-2010, 11:15
I understand the kid knocking you outta the water thing. I originally certified in '84, but then faded out of the sport for a while...mostly due to family, kids, etc. However, last year, my then 13-year old son took an interest in diving, and the next thing you know, we're both signed up for a NAUI course. We have about 50 dives since then, and I have to say he's an excellent dive buddy, and that makes it even more possible for me to get wet. The only downside, is I took him to the Bahamas and the Keys, and now it's getting difficult to get him back into the local quarries. :smiley2:

Foo2
11-05-2010, 23:10
She's the "FOO", Bro.

Fear her!
I am quite scary. You would laugh at this if you knew me IRL.

Got Foo'd for the first time the other. Three years on here and three post's FOO'd.
Glad you don't have to feel left out. ;)

I got Foo'd the other day in the happy thread...but, it wasn't exactly a direct hit...I think I was just collateral damage. :smiley36:
I think y'all try to get Foo'd so you can say it has happened to you.

After seeing the pictures of the Foo girls, That sounds like a good thing...:heartpump::heartpump::heartpump:
*blush*

divingmedic
11-06-2010, 17:16
Yup coming to my defense. Thanks for that and sorry ya Foo'd for it.