PDA

View Full Version : You may not know this about me but...

scubastud
11-08-2010, 06:12
,,, I like baiting people and getting them riled up.

Youtube is a great place to do it, I hope no one finds out where I live.

Here is a response from a rabid Beatles fan. :smiley36:

4 minutes ago
@danielngayla (http://www.youtube.com/comment_search?username=danielngayla) Your assessment of the Beatles is astonishing. How can you have that opinion? They are the most important thing to happen to music ever. Their early stuff is so uniquely phenomenal. "You can't do that" "I feel fine" "Day tripper" and constantly pushing the envelope, changing music yearly. Right up to their final album "Abbey Road". You're entitled to your opinion. If you do not appreciate what they are then that is your loss, but to call the Beatles lame is just way too ignorant.

Straegen
11-08-2010, 07:06
Screw the Beatles they are no Justin Bieber who has already equated himself to Cobain or MJ. The Beatles start wasn't much more than a Bieber like start. They did a lot more with their fame than most pop bands though.

Rileybri
11-08-2010, 07:14
I dont know I would argue that the Gregorian(sp) monks and there tonal chanting were the most important thing to happen to music. The Beetles were the most important thing to happen in celebrity fashion though so they got that going for them!

scubadiver888
11-08-2010, 07:32
Why did The Beatles cross the (Abbey) road?

To prove they weren't lame (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lame). You can clearly see them all walking with no disability or pain. :smilie39:

BRsnow
11-08-2010, 07:33
Your behavior gives good insight into your character.....BR

scubastud
11-08-2010, 07:35
Your behavior gives good insight into your character.....BR

Everyone's behavior gives good insight to one's character.

Diver Kat
11-08-2010, 07:59
Studly ..... better hope Foo doesn't find you on You-tube and Foo you for being bad!!:smilie39:

scubagirlj
11-08-2010, 08:02
,,, I like baiting people and getting them riled up.

Youtube is a great place to do it, I hope no one finds out where I live.

Here is a response from a rabid Beatles fan. :smiley36:

4 minutes ago
@danielngayla (http://www.youtube.com/comment_search?username=danielngayla) Your assessment of the Beatles is astonishing. How can you have that opinion? They are the most important thing to happen to music ever. Their early stuff is so uniquely phenomenal. "You can't do that" "I feel fine" "Day tripper" and constantly pushing the envelope, changing music yearly. Right up to their final album "Abbey Road". You're entitled to your opinion. If you do not appreciate what they are then that is your loss, but to call the Beatles lame is just way too ignorant.

would never have taken you for someone who likes to "wind up" people:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smi lie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Diver Kat
11-08-2010, 08:03
would never have taken you for someone who likes to "wind up" people:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smi lie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:
Yeah .... he looks SO innocent, doesn't he!:smiley36:

divingmedic
11-08-2010, 10:20
Are you middle child SS? Studies have shown that most of children in the middle like to stir the pot.

Diver Kat
11-08-2010, 11:12
Are you middle child SS? Studies have shown that most of children in the middle like to stir the pot.
I must be the exception to that rule.:smiley36:

mzbdiver
11-08-2010, 12:25
Gotta agree with Medic

scubadiver888
11-08-2010, 14:27

I'm not a middle child but I like to stir the pot... then you get to lick the spoon. :)

scubastud
11-08-2010, 19:23
... umm yea.. I am .. lemme count.. the sixth oldest of ten.

SEMO Scuba
11-08-2010, 19:47
But is any of this stuff dive related?

navyhmc
11-08-2010, 20:27
Of course it is! Want to get riled??? Back plates and wings are over rated and should be banned form discusison on this RECREATIONAL board! :smiley36:

scubastud
11-08-2010, 20:46

:smiley36::smilie39::smiley36: :smiley20:

Not on your life! Talking about diving when I will probably not be getting wet until March.. well depresses me.

navyhmc
11-08-2010, 22:39
:smiley36::smilie39::smiley36: :smiley20:

Not on your life! Talking about diving when I will probably not be getting wet until March.. well depresses me.

That's your problem: It should get you riled up....maybe that's the problem, you have missplaced agressions! :smiley36::smilie39::smiley36:

TJDiver
11-09-2010, 07:36
Of course it is! Want to get riled??? Back plates and wings are over rated and should be banned form discusison on this RECREATIONAL board! :smiley36:

Hey navy...wanna live on the edge?...dare ya to go make that post on the "other board"...but, joking or not, better take your flak jacket with you. :smiley36:

navyhmc
11-09-2010, 16:26
Oh, so true TJ! Since I got flamed for even introducing myself, there's no freaking way! I think you'ld need a nuclear bunker to protect yourself if you posted that there.:smiley36:

TJDiver
11-09-2010, 20:16
How in the world do you get flamed for an intro, navy?

navyhmc
11-09-2010, 20:28
I said I was new to the forum but had been diving since 1974, started at 13 with YMCA. Since YMCA usually required 16 yo, I was called a liar and worse. The sad fact is that back then it was recommended to be 16 but the instructor could waive that if they felt the candidate was able to do the class. A lot of pressure on me, I had to pass the final with a 90% and pass all the pool skills first try. But I did pass. I can still remmeber my instructor's name: Jim Shelton, and when I mention it around Wichita, it gets immediate recognition from the older divers- Class act and great instructor to be sure.

I decided that if that's how they treat a new commer, I don't want to play. Besides, I've had a lot more fun here and the folks are great. I've met up with about 20-25 members to date and want ot meet more. Trying to plan trip to Santa Rosa, NM and the east coast to meet more, but life and $$$ get in the way

divingmedic
11-10-2010, 12:37

Of course not. That is why it is posted in "Surface Interval". It would be really boring if all we "talked" about was diving.

cummings66
11-10-2010, 12:39
So very true, life and $$$$. I think I'll take the $$$ and go from there.

divingmedic
11-10-2010, 12:43
How in the world do you get flamed for an intro, navy?

You can get flamed there for just about anything. You like one wall in Cozumel over another and a flame war can start.

TJDiver
11-10-2010, 13:00
I said I was new to the forum but had been diving since 1974, started at 13 with YMCA. Since YMCA usually required 16 yo, I was called a liar and worse. The sad fact is that back then it was recommended to be 16 but the instructor could waive that if they felt the candidate was able to do the class. A lot of pressure on me, I had to pass the final with a 90% and pass all the pool skills first try. But I did pass. I can still remmeber my instructor's name: Jim Shelton, and when I mention it around Wichita, it gets immediate recognition from the older divers- Class act and great instructor to be sure.

I decided that if that's how they treat a new commer, I don't want to play. Besides, I've had a lot more fun here and the folks are great. I've met up with about 20-25 members to date and want ot meet more. Trying to plan trip to Santa Rosa, NM and the east coast to meet more, but life and $$$ get in the way

Gotcha! I've seen that kind of thing over there. I think many SB members simply wish for everyone to be awe inspired by their self-perceived vast and superior knowledge of the sport of diving...living legends in their own minds. :smiley36:

scubastud
11-10-2010, 15:16
I have an account there .. (sb) I forget my password though...
Tells you how many times I visit it.

SEMO Scuba
11-10-2010, 16:07
Of course not. That is why it is posted in "Surface Interval". It would be really boring if all we "talked" about was diving.

Agreed. My comment was meant as tongue in cheek.

I should have used an emoticon.:sulkoff:

divingmedic
11-10-2010, 16:16
Agreed. My comment was meant as tongue in cheek.

I should have used an emoticon.:sulkoff:

I knew that was using tongue in cheek back:smiley2:

SEMO Scuba
11-11-2010, 19:48
Just trying to make sure I don't wear this all the time.

navyhmc
11-11-2010, 21:01
Just trying to make sure I don't wear this all the time.

That one adds a bad mental image to tongue in cheek there Semo....:smiley36:

SEMO Scuba
11-12-2010, 09:00
Oooooh tongue in cheek. It took me a minute to get that!:smiley36:

mm2002
11-14-2010, 19:50
That one adds a bad mental image to tongue in cheek there Semo....:smiley36:

Oooooh tongue in cheek. It took me a minute to get that!:smiley36:

Isn't that similar to brown nosing? I don't really understand any of it, but just curious.

Vercingetorix
11-14-2010, 20:14
Back to the original point: the Beatles did suck during the early years. I remember when they came over here for the Sullivan Show. I remember very distinctly "Beatlemania". The girls were reduced giggling idiots and the guys (I was 12 at the time) were like "whatever!"

The Beatles sounded like the garage bands of the same era. Songs like "She Loves You" and "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" are tedious and musically unchallenging. Their later stuff, such as Sgt Pepper, Strawberry Fields, Elanor Rigby: that was good stuff.

Just my 2 pence from somebody who was alive back then.

scubastud
11-14-2010, 20:27
I'm sorry.. garage bands rocked baby. The beatles were far from any garage rock band.

YouTube - the amboy dukes - baby please dont go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi8h9_KgFpc&feature=related)

BRsnow
11-14-2010, 21:24
Back to the original point: the Beatles did suck during the early years. I remember when they came over here for the Sullivan Show. I remember very distinctly "Beatlemania". The girls were reduced giggling idiots and the guys (I was 12 at the time) were like "whatever!"

The Beatles sounded like the garage bands of the same era. Songs like "She Loves You" and "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" are tedious and musically unchallenging. Their later stuff, such as Sgt Pepper, Strawberry Fields, Elanor Rigby: that was good stuff.

Just my 2 pence from somebody who was alive back then.

The early Beatles just represented the time period, tedious and unchallenging.....