PDA

View Full Version : Employed, and, Soon to be Diving, Again

Vercingetorix
11-12-2010, 12:49
Surface Interval is the right sub-form to post this. I've been on a two-year surface interval. Lack of employment meant no income. No income...no diving. Even at Clear Springs in Terrell, Tx ($50 a day to dive a quarry when including park entrance fee, refills, gas to/from, etc).

Four days ago, I was accepted as the new web-based marketing webguy for T.G.I.Fridays. Contract for now; full-time when the hiring freeze is lifted (hopefully). Wish me luck there.

With any luck, I may actually go to Cozumel next summer so I can finally find out about that blue-water diving you all rave about. I'll start retraining dives at Clear Springs come April/May. Even my tank is out-of-viz.

Go eat at T.G.I.Fridays tonight. Keep me employed.

BSea
11-12-2010, 12:53
Glad to hear it Verc. I'm on almost the same SI, but for different reasons. 2 back surgeries, and my Mother-In-Law just passed away after a long bout with cancer. It was kinda hard to go diving when my wife was at the nursing home every day. Now my daughter is getting married in June, so I don't know how that will affect my diving for the 1st half of next year. But at least my back is ready.

scubadiver888
11-12-2010, 13:13
Surface Interval is the right sub-form to post this. I've been on a two-year surface interval. Lack of employment meant no income. No income...no diving. Even at Clear Springs in Terrell, Tx ($50 a day to dive a quarry when including park entrance fee, refills, gas to/from, etc).

Four days ago, I was accepted as the new web-based marketing webguy for T.G.I.Fridays. Contract for now; full-time when the hiring freeze is lifted (hopefully). Wish me luck there.

With any luck, I may actually go to Cozumel next summer so I can finally find out about that blue-water diving you all rave about. I'll start retraining dives at Clear Springs come April/May. Even my tank is out-of-viz.

Go eat at T.G.I.Fridays tonight. Keep me employed.

Welcome back. I noticed your absence and wondered what happened. Glad to hear you are back in the game. No T.G.I.Fridays in Canada but if I'm in the US I'll definitely give it a try... "yeah, it was that amazing web-based marketing which made me try you out." :)

Hey and if it makes you feel any better, I've never been to Cozumel either. I'm on my third job this year. Same deal as you. contract until May. Hopefully I'll get full time in June.

Hey, maybe you should look into getting your DM. I just got mine and hope to get enough work to supplement my dive habit. :)

ScubaToys Larry
11-12-2010, 13:19
I just looked at their pages... Looks like you have plenty to do! They are set up really bad as far as SEO... You should be busy for a long time!

Congrats! Ate there 2 days ago...

Diver Kat
11-12-2010, 13:21
Welcome back V! Glad to hear your back in the workforce and soon to be diving!! Hope to see you lots more around here. You were missed!!

Vercingetorix
11-12-2010, 13:26
Glad to hear it Verc. I'm on almost the same SI, but for different reasons. 2 back surgeries, and my Mother-In-Law just passed away after a long bout with cancer. It was kinda hard to go diving when my wife was at the nursing home every day. Now my daughter is getting married in June, so I don't know how that will affect my diving for the 1st half of next year. But at least my back is ready.
Glad your back is better. I, too, suffer from that as well. Although not to the extent of surgery. Growing old is a b*tch. I'm sorry about your mother-in-law. I just got the Big-C diagnosis last month. Simple surgery was required (already done), but keeping a close watch.

Welcome back V! Glad to hear your back in the workforce and soon to be diving!! Hope to see you lots more around here. You were missed!!

Thank you. That's kind of you to say.

Noob
11-12-2010, 13:29
Great to hear from ya and good to hear you found a job. Wish you the best and safe diving.

You need to go to Coz. Its a great place. I missed diving in a thermocline from 80-45 though. LOL

FFDiver
11-12-2010, 16:07
Congrats, It sucks to be away from diving. I have been out since end of July and it seems like an eternity. Got my back operated on this week and hope to be good to go first of the year.

PlatypusMan
11-12-2010, 18:39
Good to hear that you have a gig going, Rick.

Let me know when you're ready to get back in the water; if nobody else will, I'LL dive with ya!

PPM

bennerman
11-12-2010, 18:42
You had Clint Eastwood as your avatar and Red Green as your signature. I swear if we had TGI Fridays, I would show you the respect I have for you :smiley36:

navyhmc
11-12-2010, 18:55
Congrats and welcome back V!!!! I missed you and I know others did too. Prayers that your "C" is put down for good too.

I'll echo PPM's invite: If I can, I'll come down and dive with you!

TwistedSister209
11-12-2010, 18:56
Glad you're back! Missed your posts!
Will go to our local TGIFridays at the next opportunity.

PACKRMAN
11-12-2010, 19:28
Congrats Rick

Good to hear from you

Get wet soon

Vercingetorix
11-12-2010, 19:41
Thanks for all the kind words, friends. Missed y'all, too.

SEMO Scuba
11-12-2010, 21:17
Good to see you back. I've wondered where you have been and missed your humor and perspective.

dawnvip
11-12-2010, 22:00
Congrats and welcome back! Missed your wit.

Lulubelle
11-13-2010, 07:44
YAY, V is back! I have been on the forum for about 5 minutes a week lately, so I almost missed this. Happy Day. !

bennerman
11-13-2010, 16:13
Oh, I think V should be warned that there is one more newb silting up the water... come on, guess who :smiley36:

chinacat46
11-13-2010, 16:26
He's been gone?

Splitlip
11-13-2010, 16:38
Congrats and welcome back! Missed your wit.

"wit"

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? (IJS) :smiley36:

Vercingetorix
11-14-2010, 05:49
He's been gone?

"wit"

Is that what the kids are calling it these days? (IJS) :smiley36:

OK, then. I was feeling the love. Then you two showed up.

Sigh...

chinacat46
11-14-2010, 05:55
OK, then. I was feeling the love. Then you two showed up.

Sigh...

You know we was ribbing you.

Vercingetorix
11-14-2010, 06:06
You know we was ribbing you.

It's too late to apologize. My feelings are hurt. I has a sad. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go curl-up in the fetal position in the corner and recite my daily affirmations.

I'm good enough.

I'm smart enough.

And, doggone it, people like me.

mm2002
11-14-2010, 19:28
I'm good enough.

I'm smart enough.

And, doggone it, people like me.

Ahhhhhhh OK, now I remember you. How ya been Jim? I really missed seeing your posts!

Vercingetorix
11-14-2010, 19:49
Ahhhhhhh OK, now I remember you. How ya been Jim? I really missed seeing your posts!

Hey Mark,

I noticed you were overtaking me in the number of posts. Can't let that happen. I have very little meaning in my life, so hitting Grand Master Spammer first is all I have left to salvage of my tattered pride.

mm2002
11-14-2010, 19:54
Hey Mark,

I noticed you were overtaking me in the number of posts. Can't let that happen. I have very little meaning in my life, so hitting Grand Master Spammer first is all I have left to salvage of my tattered pride.

:smiley36: Fair enough my friend (oh yeah, RICK)....I will step back and let you have the spotlight. I will do that for you. :smiley36: (when you get back on your feet, give me a call and we'll meet up for a hole dive) It's been awhile.

Vercingetorix
11-14-2010, 20:04
:smiley36: Fair enough my friend (oh yeah, RICK)....I will step back and let you have the spotlight. I will do that for you. :smiley36: (when you get back on your feet, give me a call and we'll meet up for a hole dive) It's been awhile.

Sometime, I hope to get out there to Florida to dive with you and Tim. As I mentioned above, I've been unable to dive for two years. Next summer, I'm hoping that changes.

cgvmer
11-15-2010, 06:13
Welcome back..congrats on the job. Now go get wet.