PDA

View Full Version : TSA: The Stupid...It Hurts

Vercingetorix
11-19-2010, 08:36
Short version of the linked article. 330 soldiers returning from Iraq. As the pass through a TSA checkpoint, some TSA monkee tells a soldier that he cannot take his nail clippers on the plane. Why? Because nail clippers can be used as a weapon to take over the airplane. So, all soldiers proceed to reload the aircraft.

With their:
M-4 Assault rifles
M9 pistols
M-240B machine guns

Another TSA Outrage | RedState (http://www.redstate.com/erick/2010/11/18/another-tsa-outrage/)

Orlando International Airport recently opted-out of the TSA and sent the monkees packing. Lets hope others follow.

Gonnagettanked
11-19-2010, 09:15
http://www.urbandictionary.com/images/iphone-logo.gif (outbind://30-0000000071D67FD8EF04404690FF32FF7D1BCAF30700E7ECB0 FE3DEC204D93AE284B4E6C40FD0000006784960000A78BC706 4A3C4948B585CE8CAEE340A20000AF01E0000000/www.urbandictionary.com)
November 19: Gate Rape (http://list.urbandictionary.com/t/11539478/21585010/35602/0/)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/thumbs_image.php?defid=5365083 (http://list.urbandictionary.com/t/11539478/21585010/35602/0/)
The TSA airport screening procedure.
My sister got gate raped at LAX.

Rileybri
11-19-2010, 09:29
V we can only hope its blackwater that takes over! anythings got to be better then the jokers we got doing it now.

FFDiver
11-19-2010, 09:29
Well just goes to show you can pay a person to do a job and they get paid to just be stupid. They hire stupid people with no intelligence and give them a position of power and along with it they develop an ego problem. Sort of like searching a 90 year old grandma, oh no she has a bomb!!

Vercingetorix
11-19-2010, 09:40
IMHO, the TSA is useless. I don't feel any more secure than I did flying in the 70's when bag screening was done at the gate.

If a terrorist wants to do maximum damage, he'll place a biological bomb on a train and disperse it as it rolled through a major metropolitan area. Use a disease that takes a couple days before showing symptons so that the infected folks could spread it far and wide.

No TSA on trains. 18-wheeler truck with trailer would be excellent delivery system as well.

Dissolve the TSA. Even the guy that created the TSA, Rep. Mica is telling airports to opt-out and send them packing. He'll soon be in charge of the House Transportaion Committee. I'm looking for changes. Change we can believe in.

chinacat46
11-19-2010, 10:05
Totally agree the TSA is worthless. I've had a few "experiences" with them even being patted down after the xray machine just recently when returning from the Philippines while passing thru LAX. The fluids rules are so stupid. I had a tube of toothpaste with maybe one or two squirts left in it but because the original tube was over the stated limit they took it. If there was a quarter of an ounce of toothpaste in it I would have been surprised. I'm just so glad Richard Reid didn't have that bomb shoved up his a** or we would have to drop our pants and spread it instead of removing our shoes.

TJDiver
11-19-2010, 10:13
The perfect ending to that article would be the soldier pistol whipping the dumbass to demostrate to him exactly what constitutes a "weapon". Of course, I'm kidding...but, holy crap, what a bunch of idiots!

Vercingetorix
11-19-2010, 10:14
When the TSA Chief (Pistole) was questioned before Congress about the invasive procedures last week, he responded that he was not changing his procedures.

To quote Gen. Norm Schwarzkopf, "When you can't change the team, change the team." Fire Pistole's sorry arse. Follow that with firing the other 67,000 lard-arses that call TSA home.

scubagirlj
11-19-2010, 11:12
Orlando International Airport recently opted-out of the TSA and sent the monkees packing. Lets hope others follow.[/QUOTE]

ahhh, karma strikes again- was subjected to "additional screening" when coming back from an overnight to orlando about a month ago-it consisted of pulling me out of line while boarding(first class), AT THE GATE! & having an "officer" wand & pat me down thoroughly(had already gone through the regular screening)-only to have said "officer" find out that i have a higher clearance level than she did(mine is for driving trucks under tails of fed ex/UPS planes on the tarmac, unaccompanied)

Jack Hammer
11-19-2010, 11:30
The TSA has a very difficult job to do, and unfortunately a to a certain level a somewhat necessary job these days. Nobody wants to be told what they can and can't do and that's part of the TSA's job. Worse, many people try to bring items on a plane that they know are not allowed and in all honesty most likely those items should not be allowed on a plane. Then those people get bent out of shape when they get called out for it. With all that I'm OK.

Where I take issue is with the ridiculously stupid rules the TSA comes up with on top of what is needed and how they go about implementing them. Add to that an utter and total lack of people skills of any sort on any level and it's a recipe that was doomed to failure from the beginning. The soldier story is a great example of this. They need their current leader to restructure the way they do things or to be replaced with someone who will.

Noob
11-19-2010, 12:11
The TSA has a very difficult job to do, and unfortunately a to a certain level a somewhat necessary job these days. Nobody wants to be told what they can and can't do and that's part of the TSA's job. Worse, many people try to bring items on a plane that they know are not allowed and in all honesty most likely those items should not be allowed on a plane. Then those people get bent out of shape when they get called out for it. With all that I'm OK.

Where I take issue is with the ridiculously stupid rules the TSA comes up with on top of what is needed and how they go about implementing them. Add to that an utter and total lack of people skills of any sort on any level and it's a recipe that was doomed to failure from the beginning. The soldier story is a great example of this. They need their current leader to restructure the way they do things or to be replaced with someone who will.

I completely agree. The problem isnt the indians its the chiefs. They need to be fired if they can not implement worthy rules and regulations

FFDiver
11-19-2010, 15:14

It is called lack of common sense

Vercingetorix
11-19-2010, 15:23
Just read an article today where a woman's prosthetic breast (breast cancer survivor) set off the alarm. The TSA monkey took her to the back room where she was forced to remove the prosthesis and show it to the monkey to prove what is was.

Another passenger with an insulin pump was told not to wear it when flying so as not to set-off the security alarms.

FFDiver
11-19-2010, 16:57
I guess pacemakers and defibrilators will be next :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Like I said no commom sense

Although they do have a difficult job...could you imagine patting down and searching someones grandma....

clavicl3
11-19-2010, 17:06
If you touch my junk, I'm going to have you arrested. ROFL

fab50diver
11-19-2010, 17:10
Insulin pumps do NOT set off the alarms but they must be hand screened and not subjected to x-ray.

scubastud
11-19-2010, 17:12
I see no problem with security people doing their job.
It is our job to be searched, and then thank TSA for helping to keep us all safe.
They don't get paid a whole lot you know, and are expertly trained.

Don't like it? drive.

TJDiver
11-19-2010, 17:45
It is our job to be searched, and then thank TSA for helping to keep us all safe.

Don't like it? drive.

I might have to put up with it to get on the plane, but it doesn't mean I have to like it...doesn't mean I have to drive either. Sorry, but many of the rules the TSA have put in place are just assinine. I'll say it again...fingernail clippers?!...really?! If the answer was to always just keep your mouth shut, and blindly follow whatever the gov, and its affiliates, come up with, then we would no longer be the U.S.A.

scubastud
11-19-2010, 18:02
Well all I have to say to you complainers and rabble rousers...

Vercingetorix
11-19-2010, 18:28

Don't like it? drive.

http://e-basil.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_NotSureIfSerious.jpg

scubastud
11-19-2010, 18:35
http://e-basil.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/normal_NotSureIfSerious.jpg

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Sorry TJ.. cmon ya know me better than that.
Security guards are guys that can't be cops... Mall cops are guys that can't be security guards..TSA employees are guys that can't be mall cops.

navyhmc
11-19-2010, 18:45
Don't like it? drive.

That's why I've not come to visit stud...I don't fly, I drive and Litchfield is too far away.... :smiley36:

PlatypusMan
11-19-2010, 18:51
Orlando International Airport recently opted-out of the TSA and sent the monkees packing. Lets hope others follow.

Ummmmm....sorry, Rick, but not correct.

Orlando Sanford International Airport is the one using a private firm, though allegedly Orlando International is now going to ask TSA to prove to them why they should still stick around. TSA is still at Orlando International and will be for some time yet.

Additionally, for those folks applauding the idea of privatizing airport security again, remember that only certain private firms are allowed into this arena--and they are required to comply with the directives of TSA and DHS. Scanners and enhanced groping will still be on the menu as a result.

I say gut the TSA and go back to the structure that was in place on 9/10. I'm tired of being treated like a prisoner when attempting to travel within the borders of my own country or beyond.

PPM

scubastud
11-19-2010, 19:04
navy.. no where to dive here.. well maybe lake pleasant.. cold deep dark and full of sticks.. hmm ya might like it.

PlatypusMan
11-19-2010, 21:16
:smiley13: For those of you who have simply given up, I give you

PlatypusMan's Site - TSA Travellers Theme Song.wmv (http://diamondmaster1.multiply.com/video/item/28/TSA_Travellers_Theme_Song.wmv)

so you can prepare for the consequences of opting out of the backscatter devices.

For different viewpoint, try

http://diamondmaster1.multiply.com/video/item/29

PPM

navyhmc
11-19-2010, 23:54
Love it PPM, especially the Hitler rant! Though I think I'd rather have my junk touched than go on a date with Napalito.

PlatypusMan
11-20-2010, 00:07
Love it PPM, especially the Hitler rant! Though I think I'd rather have my junk touched than go on a date with Napalito.

Thanks. Shows what happens when you have too much time on your hands until your next dive...

PPM

TJDiver
11-20-2010, 00:18

Security guards are guys that can't be cops... Mall cops are guys that can't be security guards..TSA employees are guys that can't be mall cops.

Hey, I can be dense...give me a smiley face or sumthin fer cryin out loud. :smiley9: :smiley36:

Zeagle Eagle
11-20-2010, 00:19

Don't like it? drive.
You are trolling aren't you? Nice try Ghost Rider but the pattern is full.

alpha
11-20-2010, 01:01
"TSA: The Stupid It Hurts"

TSA = Transportation Security Administration = Not Stupid
__________________________________________________ ____________

Many people are however in that category and unfortunately it sounds like a lot of the employees may be eligible for that designation...People are fun to watch...

TSA | Transportation Security Administration | 3-1-1 on Air Travel (http://www.tsa.gov/311/311-carry-ons.shtm)
I was surprised at Chinacats rejection with a dab of toothpaste in a tube but unfortunately it looks like the TSA employee was correct if the container could be expanded to 3.4 ounces, the amount inside would not matter...So I guess no inflatable ballons & other items with drops of water would be allowed by an astute employee

It is good to see they will now allow pilots to by pass the screenings...Sounds logical as they could ditch the flight at any time anyway.

The regulations do have nail clippers as excluded and I guess I'll just have to watch another MacGyver episode to figure out why...

Manual search procedures can be lowered if more electronic surveillances were to be allowed in the U.S.

scubastud
11-20-2010, 03:28
Hey, I can be dense...give me a smiley face or sumthin fer cryin out loud. :smiley9: :smiley36:

:smiley36:

inventor
11-20-2010, 10:21

So true!

:smiley20::smiley29::smilie39::smiley32::smiley36: :smilie39:

navyhmc
11-20-2010, 11:56

I want that on a T-shirt for my next flight!!!!:smiley36:

clavicl3
11-20-2010, 13:48
Just don't wear that t-shirt to the airport, navy, or you may just get turned into a hand-puppet in one of their "random" searches.

navyhmc
11-20-2010, 21:53
That's the best time to wear it.... Then you can argue that it wasn't a random search and you were singled outfor the shirt. :smiley36:

Largo
11-20-2010, 23:14
All this molestation...

Aren't we scuba divers covered by the Marine Mammal Protection Act???

Tassie Diver
11-21-2010, 01:56
All this molestation...

Aren't we scuba divers covered by the Marine Mammal Protection Act???

Isn't that covered in your "Fitness" topic??

Vercingetorix
11-21-2010, 06:47
That's the best time to wear it.... Then you can argue that it wasn't a random search and you were singled outfor the shirt. :smiley36:

Then sue, because it's protected speech. :)

Flatliner
11-21-2010, 07:03
I dont think the problem is TSA the problem is our really screwed up societal norms. Our 'rules' say we cant recognize facts and patterns and deal with them (like the Israelies). Profiles exist because they are reality based. Since we aren't allowed to acknowledge that without being labeled bigots (oh, the shame) we have to grope little old ladies. It's not really the poor, not so bright, TSA employee, he may be an idiot, but he is just doing his job. If he fails to do that job, he gets fired and can no longer feed his family...

navyhmc
11-21-2010, 19:20
Then sue, because it's protected speech. :)

Exactly!!!!! :smiley36:

alpha
11-21-2010, 23:01
I dont think the problem is TSA the problem is our really screwed up societal norms. Our 'rules' say we cant recognize facts and patterns and deal with them (like the Israelies). Profiles exist because they are reality based.

Agree, We should be able to profile and act on the profile if a threat exists, even if possibly signally people out by age/sex/race/religion/or ethnic background...But more screwed up areas also exist...

Until full available electronic surveillance/wiretapping/sound recordings etc. etc. etc. are allowed in the U.S. at the discretion of the government to act & protect the people, expect the manual searches to continue.

scubastud
11-22-2010, 08:13
"Security guards are guys that can't be cops... Mall cops are guys that can't be security guards..TSA employees are guys that can't be mall cops."

Oops I forgot a step.. just under mall cop, but still above TSA employee is:

"Dr. Evil's inept guard in charge of the unecessary slow dipping mechanism".

navyhmc
11-22-2010, 09:01
So, now we have:

PD ==> Security Guard ==> Mall Cop ==> Dr. Evil's Inept and now faceless guard ==> Kent who has to get Professor Hathaway's dry cleaning ==> TSA employee ???

Gonnagettanked
11-22-2010, 09:14
Isn't that covered in your "Fitness" topic??
:whip:

Vercingetorix
11-22-2010, 10:11
Click link below

Passenger Strips to Avoid Pat-Down/Groping (http://www.newkerala.com/news/world/fullnews-89503.html)

(http://www.newkerala.com/news/world/fullnews-89503.html)

Straegen
11-22-2010, 10:36
Kid gets searched:

Why Was This Boy Stripped at Airport Security? (http://gizmodo.com/5696217/why-did-this-boy-end-strip+searched-at-airport-security?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+gizmodo/full+(Gizmodo)

A somewhat long but good article written by a former police officer:

http://gizmodo.com/5696160/why-the-tsa-could-lead-us-to-public-rebellion-or-a-terrorist-attack

and a little SNL humor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joIxWcFO3bY&feature=player_embedded

navyhmc
11-22-2010, 10:38
Click link below

Passenger Strips to Avoid Pat-Down/Groping (http://www.newkerala.com/news/world/fullnews-89503.html)

(http://www.newkerala.com/news/world/fullnews-89503.html)

On one hand, it not only showed disdain for the process and definitely gave little to conceal, but it did interupt his trpi to Barbados, not to mention spoiling the fun of the TSA goons.

Straegen
11-22-2010, 10:59
One more good one:

http://4.bp.********.com/_BLtuyBP9bvM/TOhJIquPBQI/AAAAAAAAAos/uMNi4yIPa7k/s1600/image.png

inventor
11-22-2010, 11:39
Streagan, that was hilarious.

And here's the guy basically pleading for his job. "I have power. Please believe me, I really do."

TSA chief: Body scan boycott would be mistake - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_airport_security;_ylt=AovdVvKKPx2YQfLcB.pqEWZH2 ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTJzOGRzcTYyBGFzc2V0Ay9zL2FwL3VzX2Fpc nBvcnRfc2VjdXJpdHkEY2NvZGUDcmRuYmUEY3BvcwMxBHBvcwM xBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDdHNhY2hpZWZib2R5)

Gonnagettanked
11-22-2010, 12:08
I think I just peed myself!!!

Foo2
11-22-2010, 13:05
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/haleyleann/Scuba/155465_1457588679496_1226736875_31022922_5143444_n .jpg

Noob
11-22-2010, 13:27
maybe we all need to show up at the air ports in flip flops and speedos.

navyhmc
11-22-2010, 15:38

That's down right BRILLIANT Noob!!!! Post of the year stuff there!!!

Can you imagine how fast things would change if 200,000 people per day wore speedos through security???? Considering some of the folks I've seen, it would not be pretty.

Noob
11-22-2010, 15:49
If I get a free groping with an airline ticket, do I atleast get to pick out the gal that gets to do it? If so I'd fly alot, possibly just go through the line constantly.

Navy, there would be a speedy line thats for sure. Especially for me. I would be rushed through because no one would want to look at this in a banana hammock!

on a serious note, it might prove a point. pretty much like the guy proved.

inventor
11-22-2010, 23:26
My two favourite quotes are now..

"Don't Tase me Bro'."

and

"Touch my junk, and I'll have you arrested."

navyhmc
11-23-2010, 07:07
Mankini and muscle shirt for me, thong for the wife and a pair of speedos for the boy...I like it!!!

I wonder what would happen if when they were done you gave a very contented post-orgasmic sigh, said thank you,tried to give them your numbe and asked where the smoking lounge was? :smilie39:

scubastud
11-23-2010, 07:15
Fox news reported on a phrase they accredit to Rush Limbaugh

"Don't touch my teabag!"

TJDiver
11-23-2010, 08:44
Mankini and muscle shirt for me, thong for the wife and a pair of speedos for the boy...I like it!!!

I wonder what would happen if when they were done you gave a very contented post-orgasmic sigh, said thank you,tried to give them your numbe and asked where the smoking lounge was? :smilie39:

:smilie39:

I think I'll just pull the ole Seinfeld line..."I think it moved." :smiley36:

Vercingetorix
11-23-2010, 09:19
The TSA is all about "Security Theatre"

Link to article (http://reason.com/blog/2010/11/23/q-is-this-security-theater-a-1)

Rileybri
11-23-2010, 09:36
"TSA, its our business to touch yours!"

TJDiver
11-23-2010, 09:51
The TSA is all about "Security Theatre"

Link to article (http://reason.com/blog/2010/11/23/q-is-this-security-theater-a-1)

Like I've said for more years than I can remember now...many things enacted by our gov are ineffective, at best, and are performed merely for what they perceive as looking good in the public eye.

Vercingetorix
11-23-2010, 11:01
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/1e9ad8bd-1fc3-4add-a5aa-7da5bf91a787.jpg

Noob
11-23-2010, 11:42
that should help out the TSA for sure.

I better go buy stock in Johnson and Johnson Lotion.

Diver Kat
11-23-2010, 18:02
Geez!!! I think I may stay in Mexico ..... much nicer people at the airport!! I'm VERY afraid of what will be going on at IAH tomorrow when we fly back home.

Vercingetorix
11-23-2010, 18:13
Geez!!! I think I may stay in Mexico ..... much nicer people at the airport!! I'm VERY afraid of what will be going on at IAH tomorrow when we fly back home.

Have a safe trip back home. And, have a margarita for me tonight.

TwistedSister209
11-23-2010, 19:02
Same for me, Kat!!

ScottW
11-23-2010, 20:03
Kid gets searched:

Why Was This Boy Stripped at Airport Security? (http://gizmodo.com/5696217/why-did-this-boy-end-strip+searched-at-airport-security?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+gizmodo/full+(Gizmodo)

A little local insight. The father was not happy about having his son 'padded down'.
ksl.com - Transportation security officer says TSA workers doing their job (http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=13381977)

Godfather1138
11-23-2010, 23:54
Adam Savage (MythBusters) has an interesting TSA story. Sounds like the new methods are working great!

YouTube - #w00tstock Seattle: Adam Savage says "WTF, TSA?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3yaqq9Jjb4)

mitsuguy
11-24-2010, 00:36
my problem with these measures is that I don't believe them to be worthwhile to start...

full body scan - Adam Savage gets through with a pair of 12" razor blades on his person directly, others have done similar, and since it doesn't penetrate into the skin (or very little), it leaves out a place that is notorious for smuggling drugs already - internally. the pat down leaves out these same places, and, if you really want to get in to it, how effective do you really think a TSA agent is, that is not happy doing it to start. They feel with the back side of their hands in places, and, really, do you think you would notice underwear lined in explosives through a thick pair of jeans? Probably not gonna happen, I imagine...

So, all of this, to me, is just a facade... Personally the puffers (the ones that blew air at you and them sampled it for trace) seemed a more effective means of detecting traces of bomb material, but, for all I know, they didn't work at all.

Personally, as others have mentioned, lets do what some others do -intelligence, profiling, and dogs... the dogs are better than any of these machines, and profiling, well, that works in some of the most terrorist rich areas on the planet... On top of that, I believe the most effective safety measure is already in place - a locked cockpit door and random air marshals among the passengers...

long story short, if someone is really really set on getting through security with something they shouldn't have, it can and will happen... the TSA is only really providing a false sense of security to many people... Its like having a car alarm to thwart car thieves - it'll stop the rookies, but the ones that are dead set on stealing the car are going to take it no matter what anti theft things you have in place...

seriously, bear with for just a second longer

Do you want something sharp that can be used as a knife? simple - ceramics or hard plastics sewn into the liner of your pants, jacket or shirt - these won't make the metal detector go off, so you are probably going to avoid the full body scan and the pat down - even if you did get one or the other, some simple disguise work can make a knife look like something not nearly as deadly...

How about explosives? How much do you need? People smuggling drugs have been known to swallow them (even with fears of dying because of an overdose if the packet ruptures), or insert them anally. I suppose females even have one more place they could stick them. The electronics to fire them could easily be built inside a radio, mp3 player, laptop, etc. I have a modded EEE PC with extra wires internally for bluetooth, GPS and a permanently mounted 32 GB flash drive, all internal. There are literally tons of extra wires inside this thing, and its made it through security a number of times without a question. I worry every time, but its never been an issue. So, theres your bomb...

Gun - do you really think they don't make guns that can't get through security check points? A gun can be made completely out of carbon fiber, and/or built to be disassembled into ordinary looking objects...

Do we honestly think that no terrorists have thought of these things? The in airport security measures we have in place simply can't combat these sorts of things on a physical level... We do need heightened security, I just don't think what is going on is proper. Oh, and please stop harassing the old people - if they look like they might be a terrorist, by all means, do whatever you feel is necessary, but if they are old, grey and can barely walk anyways, chances are they aren't a terrorist, just let them pass. Same goes for kids - seriously? 3 and 4 year olds getting patted down? lets get real for a minute...

scubastud
11-24-2010, 05:17
Archie was right

YouTube - Archie Bunker on Gun Control (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLjNJI54GMM)

Vercingetorix
11-24-2010, 06:50
Same goes for kids - seriously? 3 and 4 year olds getting patted down? lets get real for a minute...

While in Vietnam, during one of his patrols, my brother watched a couple fellow Marines die when a young child approached the group. As he approached, he dropped two grenades which killed him and the Marines (the pins had been pulled and fuses ignited). Terrorists have no morals about these things.

Gonnagettanked
11-24-2010, 07:21
Geez Mitsuguy, I was trying to remain upbeat about going to florida next week for some R & R. We all remember what a vacation is right? I'd finally accepted the scanning and patting down , but after your take on the inadequacies of these measures I'm now annoyed at the waste of my time and no longer lulled into the sense of security. On top of that I can only imagine how much extra attention our carry on scuba gear will attract! I guess we'll have to arrive quite early.

Vercingetorix
11-24-2010, 07:47
TSA Officers Well-paid and Generally Well Trained (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40344725/ns/business-us_business)

navyhmc
11-24-2010, 08:04
And now, it would appear that if you don't wish to go through the new machine, just do as you're told or you'll be labeled as a Domestic Extremeist and will be added to a list...

DHS & TSA: Making a list, checking it twice (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/30286)

Straegen
11-24-2010, 08:19
If this is a real story and not just a made up internet fabrication, it is truly sad. 30 years ago we would be rioting over crap like this. True or not, the free country I want the US to be simply does not exist and probably never will. Creating lists of people who aren't actually breaking the law is a serious breach of our government's duties and unfortunately is just another step towards radical fascism. Guess that is what happens when you put idiots in charge who don't understand that sometimes protecting something too much does far more harm than good. Unfortunately the sheeples are ready to line up and give up that right.

John Yaskowich
11-24-2010, 08:29
And just to prove that people will try to make money out of anything - at least one company is selling "Anti-Scan Underwear"
Anti-scan undies use 'junk' science - NYPOST.com (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/anti_scan_undies_use_junk_science_KFe58odTewphdFCC 6O2AXM)

Vercingetorix
11-24-2010, 08:30
Gawd, Navy, that is ugly. Very scary stuff there.

navyhmc
11-24-2010, 08:36
If this is a real story and not just a made up internet fabrication, it is truly sad. 30 years ago we would be rioting over crap like this. True or not, the free country I want the US to be simply does not exist and probably never will. Creating lists of people who aren't actually breaking the law is a serious breach of our government's duties and unfortunately is just another step towards radical fascism. Guess that is what happens when you put idiots in charge who don't understand that sometimes protecting something too much does far more harm than good. Unfortunately the sheeples are ready to line up and give up that right.

I don't know how fully credible the source is, but a year ago there was uproar especially in the US Veterans area about a sanctioned report that was sent out to law enforcement agencies about how anyone with right leaning views was potentially a domestic terrorist, and this group also included military veterans, especially those returning from overseas deployment. http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/rightwing.pdf

buddha0724
11-24-2010, 09:45
While in Vietnam, during one of his patrols, my brother watched a couple fellow Marines die when a young child approached the group. As he approached, he dropped two grenades which killed him and the Marines (the pins had been pulled and fuses ignited). Terrorists have no morals about these things.

I thought back to a story told to me by my brother who was part of OIF at the intial assult into Iraq. The trick was to get convoys to stop with a kid in the roadway wether it was selling soda or just standing there and then that is when the ambush or IED would go off.

You are right, terrorists have no morals and recruit , and force, anyone to achieve there "goals".

oddbod
11-24-2010, 10:43
And now, it would appear that if you don't wish to go through the new machine, just do as you're told or you'll be labeled as a Domestic Extremeist and will be added to a list...

DHS & TSA: Making a list, checking it twice (http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/30286)

Hopefully none read this forum:smilie39:

ScottW
11-24-2010, 14:51
Noob, you should have told me you were going to be in town.
Protestor strips down to Speedo at Salt Lake airport
ksl.com - Protestor strips down to Speedo at Salt Lake airport (http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=13397463)

Noob
11-24-2010, 15:00
You just blew my cover. I didnt want the board to know about that. LOL

I'm surprised more people havent done that.

Diver Kat
11-24-2010, 16:38
Have a safe trip back home. And, have a margarita for me tonight.

Same for me, Kat!!

Well I had 2 margaritas last night, and 2 on the plane today, so I think I got you both covered!

Waiting on my next flight, but no body scan or strip searchfor me going thru IAH security! (not that I would have cared much after a few drinks!!!!):smiley36:

Vercingetorix
11-25-2010, 07:30
The Japanese take on TSA's enhanced procedures. It's humor. Be advised that around 2:45, it may be NSFW. It's in Japanese, but you don't need to understand the language to understand what's happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TEeRD26hDDw

Vercingetorix
11-28-2010, 06:30
'Humiliated': Female passenger subjected to patdown because her sanitary towel showed up on body scanner | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333432/Humiliated-Female-passenger-subjected-patdown-sanitary-towel-showed-body-scanner.html)

scubastud
11-30-2010, 05:35

Not only is it complimentary.. it is compulsive!

Vercingetorix
11-30-2010, 07:48
I prefer the pat-down. "Happy ending" costs extra.

divingmedic
11-30-2010, 08:47
Just wait till some one puts PETN inside a body cavity. Then we will all be getting a body cavity search.

scubastud
12-07-2010, 09:23

I have to post some words to get this to take so here are some words.

bfmorgan
12-07-2010, 11:11
Apparently the SOP for searching travelers does not include someone dressed in sandals and speedo....you have to get dressed so they can search you according to their protocols.:smiley36:

Diver Kat
12-07-2010, 11:13
Apparently the SOP for searching travelers does not include someone dressed in sandals and speedo....you have to get dressed so they can search you according to their protocols.:smiley36:
Yeah, apparently they are not trained to SEE, just to go by FEEL! I mean it must be such a turn off to see who you're feeling up!:smiley36:

inventor
12-16-2010, 13:19
Scanners fooled by pancakes.....

Colbert Debuts His Brand Of TSA 'Scanner-Defying Pancakes' (VIDEO) | TPM LiveWire (http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/12/colbert-debuts-his-brand-of-tsa-scanner-defying-pancakes-video.php)

Fool the TSA's Scanners with Pancakes (http://gizmodo.com/5712481/fool-the-tsas-scanners-with-pancakes)

Davetowz
12-16-2010, 14:39
True but most airports also have sniffers working in the same area. I agree it is a waste of money. I'm on the fence on the privacy debate, although I will not argue that TSA has made some procedural decisions that I just can't see passing the barney test.

Jack Hammer
12-16-2010, 16:21
I truly feely sorry for the people who work the 'frontlines' for the TSA. In order to keep their jobs, especially at a time with unemployment so high, they are forced to strictly adhere to rules created by beaurocrats. Rules that not only are silly and humiliating to the people they are "protecting" but very likely embarassing, uncomfortable, and even dehumanizing to many of those who are charged with enforcing those silly rules. People need to put the blame squarely with the upper management who make these silly rules, not with TSA agents with "no common sense" at a checkpoint who are forced to strictly follow procedure.

alpha
12-16-2010, 17:35
Watched the nightly news and they said their tests often had 100% success of getting a gun through their own TSA security undetected...

Really funny how they focus on the household liquids but miss the guns going through scanners. Chinacat probably needed to put his toothpaste inside the barrel of the gun. That way they would have missed it vs. confiscating it.

scubastud
01-09-2011, 04:32
This is my vote for Miss TSA 2011.

scubajane
01-09-2011, 08:34
where is her tiara??

Bert
01-09-2011, 08:39
where is her tiara??

It was made out of pancakes, scanners could not find it

inventor
01-09-2011, 09:54
It was made out of pancakes, scanners could not find it

:smilie39::smiley36::smiley32:

But can they see waffles?

Lulubelle
01-09-2011, 10:20
I truly feely sorry for the people who work the 'frontlines' for the TSA. In order to keep their jobs, especially at a time with unemployment so high, they are forced to strictly adhere to rules created by beaurocrats. Rules that not only are silly and humiliating to the people they are "protecting" but very likely embarassing, uncomfortable, and even dehumanizing to many of those who are charged with enforcing those silly rules. People need to put the blame squarely with the upper management who make these silly rules, not with TSA agents with "no common sense" at a checkpoint who are forced to strictly follow procedure.

JH, I had two TSA agents at my local airport fired. They were not following protocol, were humiliating me with great intention as they seemed to be on some sort of power kick, and violating my privacy in a way which was not legal or ethical. So don't think that some of these folks don't have personality characteristics which make them ill suited for an important job like this and begin creating their own rules.

Vercingetorix
01-09-2011, 10:32
People need to put the blame squarely with the upper management who make these silly rules, not with TSA agents with "no common sense" at a checkpoint who are forced to strictly follow procedure.

If only it were that simple. As Lulubelle points out, many of the monkeys are power-tripping and making up their own ruiles as they go along. Their jobs are boring and require little to no imagination. So, they make life miserable for those whom they have the power to control. i.e., passengers.

Bottom line: the TSA is "security theatre" and offers no protection against another 9/11 event. We could return to the airport security we had in the early '70s with equal results.

I'm glad that Lulubelle's monkeys were fired. I'm suprised as well, given that the monkeys normally protect their own in order to justify their own pathetic, venal, and vile existence.

FFDiver
01-09-2011, 14:16
JH, I had two TSA agents at my local airport fired. They were not following protocol, were humiliating me with great intention as they seemed to be on some sort of power kick, and violating my privacy in a way which was not legal or ethical. So don't think that some of these folks don't have personality characteristics which make them ill suited for an important job like this and begin creating their own rules.

That is what happens with absolute power...absolute power corrupts absolutely!!! Some of these people are too dumb to even work at Mcdonalds and are given large amounts of power and it creates an ego problem. Unfortunately this even extends to upper management at TSA. Instead of protection from terrorists we need protection from the TSA.

TJDiver
01-09-2011, 17:41
If only it were that simple. As Lulubelle points out, many of the monkeys are power-tripping and making up their own ruiles as they go along. Their jobs are boring and require little to no imagination. So, they make life miserable for those whom they have the power to control. i.e., passengers.

Bottom line: the TSA is "security theatre" and offers no protection against another 9/11 event. We could return to the airport security we had in the early '70s with equal results.

I'm glad that Lulubelle's monkeys were fired. I'm suprised as well, given that the monkeys normally protect their own in order to justify their own pathetic, venal, and vile existence.

That is perhaps the best description I've seen applied to this mess.

PlatypusMan
01-09-2011, 18:52
I'm with Rick on this. There is ZERO evidence that the TSA has accomplished anything AFA stopping a terrorist.

Looking back to the time of it's creation, every foiled terrorist act attempted in mid-air has been stooped by one--and only one--group.

The other passengers on board the flight.

Shoe bomber? --stopped by passengers.

UnderBomber? --stopped by passengers.

Terrorist plots on the ground/in planning stages have been stopped not by the TSA, but by good intelligence that was acted upon before the plan could be implemented by the plotters.

Yet the TSA continues to exist in it's present form. Why?

PPM

he3r0
01-12-2011, 04:34
I want that on a T-shirt for my next flight!!!!:smiley36:

it took me a while to find it again, but you want this underwear
4thamendmentwear (http://cargocollective.com/4thamendment)

Vercingetorix
01-26-2011, 15:29
Stupid security personnel goes international. In this case, The Nanny State security would not permit a woman to fly with a 3-inch plastic gun. I can understand; you might put out somebody's eye with the pointy end.

Airport security officials brand three inch toy gun "firearm" (From Bournemouth Echo) (http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/8812960.Airport_security_officials_brand_three_inc h_toy_gun__firearm_/)

fire diver
01-26-2011, 15:57
The chechens just showed the world what can happen at airports. It won't matter if they put the screeners at the front entrance either. Anyplace that bottle-necks people before the security zone is a HUGE soft target.

Congrats LuLu on getting the idiots fired. You would think with rampant unemployment that they could be much pickier in thier hirings. Those positions should require a psych test before hiring. Hell, we have to have an MMPI before getting on the fire dept and all we do spray water on fire!

Love those 4th amendment undies!

scubastud
01-26-2011, 16:19
remember when "A Happy Ending" meant landing safely?

TJDiver
01-27-2011, 07:41
Stupid security personnel goes international. In this case, The Nanny State security would not permit a woman to fly with a 3-inch plastic gun. I can understand; you might put out somebody's eye with the pointy end.

Airport security officials brand three inch toy gun "firearm" (From Bournemouth Echo) (http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/8812960.Airport_security_officials_brand_three_inc h_toy_gun__firearm_/)

Holy carp! And, these are the retards that are supposed to be keeping us safe?! :smiley13:

scubastud
04-15-2011, 07:15
OK is enough enough now? This is insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ba030UmbkCo

oddbod
04-15-2011, 07:29
OK is enough enough now? This is insane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ba030UmbkCo

Is it?
Two women would-be suicide bombers caught on way to attack - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News (http://www.haaretz.com/news/two-women-would-be-suicide-bombers-caught-on-way-to-attack-1.223027)

Byte Me
04-15-2011, 08:34
Is it?
Two women would-be suicide bombers caught on way to attack - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News (http://www.haaretz.com/news/two-women-would-be-suicide-bombers-caught-on-way-to-attack-1.223027)

Help me understand what in that article in any way makes it OK for TSA agents to grope, rather MOLEST, a 6 year old kid? I'm missing any link what-so-ever between two women on their way to meet up for a suicide bombing (both of whom have kids) and a TSA agent feeling up a kid.

Diver Kat
04-15-2011, 09:44
Help me understand what in that article in any way makes it OK for TSA agents to grope, rather MOLEST, a 6 year old kid? I'm missing any link what-so-ever between two women on their way to meet up for a suicide bombing (both of whom have kids) and a TSA agent feeling up a kid.
I guess the thought is if these women are crazy enough to become suicide bombers - with 1 carrying her unborn child - then they would have no compunction possibly putting stuff on their kids to get it through security. Having said that, I think the TSA search on the 6 year old was a bit over the top, but it's a no-win situation. Maybe if TSA wasn't such a joke and we actually felt they were truly making things more secure, we could accept what they do as the price to pay for traveling. But so many things get through or go wrong that it's hard to take them seriously, and it's hard not to get upset when they put a very young child through a pretty extensive body search.

FishFood
04-15-2011, 12:55
Im not sure *insane* would be the correct word to use for this. I believe *insane* would be the track record of Islamists using children for their attacks. Shall we just assume all children under the age of 12 to automatically be innocent and set ourselves up for failure? Airline security is built around the premise of unknown, random checks - That would be a big hole and target for easy access for terrorists.

buddha0724
04-15-2011, 13:12
I talked with a couple of retired LEO here one day. They ranged from state patrol to a retired FBI officer. When I questioned what TSA was doing they explained to me a little from their perspective.

1. What is the typical profile of a terrosist?
Unfortunately this has slowly been changing, we do have home-grown terrorists now.
2. If we can see a pattern and target just them, dont you think the terorists can to and find new ways of comprimising security
3. The officers then stated that as they worked they had to approach every traffic stop, every police call, every investigation as that other person is there to harm the officers. They need to be proactive and not reactive.

With all that said I agree with Kat that TSA is a joke and needs some serious work. Maybe a few hard working blue collar police officers in charge instead of politicians.

Just my thoughts.

Diver Kat
04-15-2011, 13:31
Maybe a few hard working blue collar police officers in charge instead of politicians.

Just my thoughts.Not a bad idea .... it's not like politicians have a clue, I seriously doubt they (or their children) are subject to the same searches that the average person is. What do they care what they foist on the rest of us. I'd rather trust a LEO's judgement and training. You go to other countries and usually you have an armed military presence in the airport .... us, we have TSA. Yeah, that's real scary - in such the wrong way!!