PDA

View Full Version : Only ~194 posts to go...

Jack Hammer
11-21-2010, 06:40
Til I can stop reading useless posts in old threads...

...For now:smiley21:

chinacat46
11-21-2010, 07:31
Yeah he was on a tear last night.

Vercingetorix
11-21-2010, 07:59
Man, he was posting almost every two minutes or so. He must really want that (fill in the blank) badly.

chinacat46
11-21-2010, 08:02
What I find weird is he has been a member since july of 2009.

TwistedSister209
11-21-2010, 08:17
Going for the 250 mark?

Vercingetorix
11-21-2010, 08:26
Going for the 250 mark?

Yes.

Mosts of his posts are "Me, too". For example, "If you're using a mix of 40% or less...no difference. " from the thread concerning differences when using Nitrox with the regulator. Umpteen people already said this, including NavyHMC. Yet, our lad felt compelled to chime in. Why? Who knows.

If we're lucky, he'll respond to this thread and increase his post count even more. A bit of back-and-forth should put him over the top. :)

Jack Hammer
11-21-2010, 14:07
Yes.

Mosts of his posts are "Me, too". For example, "If you're using a mix of 40% or less...no difference. " from the thread concerning differences when using Nitrox with the regulator. Umpteen people already said this, including NavyHMC. Yet, our lad felt compelled to chime in. Why? Who knows.

If we're lucky, he'll respond to this thread and increase his post count even more. A bit of back-and-forth should put him over the top. :)
I'd rather read them in this thread than in a old thread where nothing new is being offered.

chinacat46
11-21-2010, 14:48
I'd rather read them in this thread than in a old thread where nothing new is being offered.

Me too! :smilie39:

FFDiver
11-21-2010, 17:28
Me three!!

clavicl3
11-21-2010, 19:54
I still haven't used my $50 gift card yet. but I haven't forgotten!

Noob
11-22-2010, 11:34
I still haven't used my $50 gift card yet. but I haven't forgotten!

I never got one. Doh.

50$ gift card would be nice. I think I could find something to spend it on.

Dumb question. Who you talkin bout?

PS

Me too.

Vercingetorix
11-22-2010, 12:06
I never got one. Doh.

Dumb question. Who you talkin bout?.

When you make 250 posts to this forum, you get a $50 gift certificate. Just ask Joe for it

navyhmc
11-22-2010, 15:29
I never got one. Doh.

Dumb question. Who you talkin bout?

PS

Me too.

Noob, Noob, Noob....I thought we talked about this.

Send Joe and Larry a PM or email and let them know you've passed the 250 mark and they'll send you a GC number to use. Also, you get a $10 GC at 10 posts....

Noob
11-22-2010, 15:38
We probably did. I'm sure I forgot while multitasking. I should have stopped working and did what was important. LOL

I'll pm Joe.

Jack Hammer
11-23-2010, 01:23
I finally PM'd for my GC's a few months back so I could get a new mask. As luck would havt it they stopped carrying the one I wanted that week so I haven't used the cards yet.

clavicl3
11-23-2010, 01:27
Is there something wrong with this thread? When was it started? I see this thread as started yesterday...

Vercingetorix
11-23-2010, 05:00
I finally PM'd for my GC's a few months back so I could get a new mask. As luck would havt it they stopped carrying the one I wanted that week so I haven't used the cards yet.

Does that mean you did not see it in the on-line store? If you want the mask PM/email Joe. I've ordered several things through Joe that "are not carried". If it's from one of their standard suppliers or vendors with whom the have a relationship, chance are Joe will deliver it.

Remember, ScubaToys is all about Customer Service.

Is there something wrong with this thread? When was it started? I see this thread as started yesterday...

Good catch. Weird. It started several days ago.

Jack Hammer
11-23-2010, 16:48
Does that mean you did not see it in the on-line store? If you want the mask PM/email Joe. I've ordered several things through Joe that "are not carried". If it's from one of their standard suppliers or vendors with whom the have a relationship, chance are Joe will deliver it.

Remember, ScubaToys is all about Customer Service.

Good catch. Weird. It started several days ago.

After it disappeared online I called them and was told they no longer carried it and, IIRC, were not able to get more. It was the Tilos Excel mask.

Vercingetorix
11-23-2010, 16:55
After it disappeared online I called them and was told they no longer carried it and, IIRC, were not able to get more. It was the Tilos Excel mask.

Amazon sells the mask for $47.

I bought that mask at ScubaToys a few years ago. It didn't fit my face, unfortunately.

Jack Hammer
11-23-2010, 18:36
Amazon sells the mask for $47.

I bought that mask at ScubaToys a few years ago. It didn't fit my face, unfortunately.

Yeah I know, Amazon and a few others still sell it or I could find a knock off for ~$30. But I don't have $60 worth of gift cards with any of those other places...:smiley29:

Godfather1138
11-23-2010, 19:32
Be careful buying from Amazon. Make sure you check the source of the item as they deal with LeasurePro on a lot of dive items. I don't know about you guys, but I really don't want to support that site directly or otherwise.

Davetowz
11-24-2010, 11:16
I keep forgetting about my 10$ card when I order. Guess it is time for new seals on the drysuit. or if I stay at same pace of posting, wait another year and get the big gift card! LOL

Vercingetorix
11-24-2010, 11:17
I keep forgetting about my 10$ card when I order. Guess it is time for new seals on the drysuit. or if I stay at same pace of posting, wait another year and get the big gift card! LOL

You can use both gift cards together in a single purchase.

Jack Hammer
01-05-2011, 20:07
And yet it starts again...

bigman241
01-05-2011, 22:56
ya but didn't they make it where the gift card could only be 10% of the purchass????

I remember them doing that right before I got mine, thought with a 4k+ purchase it was not hard to use it
You can use both gift cards together in a single purchase.

bigman241
01-05-2011, 22:57
hey just think little over 500 till I hit 3k...... SO I agree as well lol

Vercingetorix
01-06-2011, 06:26
ya but didn't they make it where the gift card could only be 10% of the purchass????

I remember them doing that right before I got mine, thought with a 4k+ purchase it was not hard to use it

I hadn't heard that. Doesn't really matter, though, because you can use it on multiple purchases until it's used up. According to Larry, he anticipates that $50 GC will initiate about $650 in purchases.

hey just think little over 500 till I hit 3k...... SO I agree as well lol

You realize that nothing happens at 3000, right? No GC. No change of forum status.

scubastud
01-06-2011, 07:13
Oops... I bought a back up light with my 50 dollar GC. Didn't pay nutin, actually ST threw in a little over to cover shipping.
But I'll buy stuff from them just you watch!

25 more posts till... umm what happens after 2k posts?

TJDiver
01-06-2011, 07:20

That's how I read it too, but ST applied my entire gift card value to a purchase even tho the gift card was about 20% of the purchase. They sho do know how to keep customers coming back don't they. :smiley2:

Vercingetorix
01-06-2011, 07:31
Oops... I bought a back up light with my 50 dollar GC. Didn't pay nutin, actually ST threw in a little over to cover shipping.
But I'll buy stuff from them just you watch!

25 more posts till... umm what happens after 2k posts?

You get a Strip-O-Gram. With Joe.

Jack Hammer
01-06-2011, 12:31
The GC policy changed sometime early this year, IIRC. You used to be able to use either or both together in their entirety but that got changed because some people were trying to scam it by making duplicate accounts and there was just too much post padding. The new policy is listed somewhere, I'm feeling way too lazy today to look for it. Now you are only allowed to used a certain percantage of the forum GC at a time.

This is a big part of the reason why we don't see the same level of constant useless "me too" posts in old threads like we did a year or two ago.

navyhmc
01-06-2011, 12:46
You get a Strip-O-Gram. With Joe.

...but you have to do the stripping. It's merely for Joe's amusement! :smiley36:

Vercingetorix
01-06-2011, 13:17
This is a big part of the reason why we don't see the same level of constant useless "me too" posts in old threads like we did a year or two ago.

I agree.

//I'm not padding. Really. I just happen to agree. But, I'm not padding.

TwistedSister209
01-06-2011, 13:29
I agree.

//I'm not padding. Really. I just happen to agree. But, I'm not padding.
Me neither--I NEVER PAD. Not even in high school. Okay, maybe once in Jr High before I became curvy. The toilet paper Mother pulled out...she made me cry with shame. Guess I shouldn't have worn her old bra on my head.

:smiley2: I already used my GC!