PDA

View Full Version : Hey ladies! Halp!?

zahgurim
09-13-2007, 01:55
Hallo!

It's my girl's birthday soon, and I'd like to surprise her with a new wetsuit. She currently rents when we go out, and I know she'd be happy with one of her own.

Problem: She is thin, about 5'8", but has an almost freakishly long torso, and short-ish legs.

We are currently in Seoul, and I would order online (Hooray Scubatoys!)
As nice as it would be, trying a suit on first is not an option. If worst comes to worst, I'd take all her measurements and have one custom made, to make sure it fits well...

Any ideas on what brand suit would fit her best?

Much thanks for help!

Damselfish
09-13-2007, 02:07
no suggestions, does sound like maybe custom territory. But I'm trying to figure out how you could take all her measurements and surprise her with a custom wetsuit. That would be some good story... :smiley32:

zahgurim
09-13-2007, 02:37
I'll tell her I'm going lingere shopping?

win-win situation... :)

bedroom goodies just because, and a wetsuit for her birthday.

ScubaGir1
09-13-2007, 03:21
I'll tell her I'm going lingere shopping?

win-win situation... :)

bedroom goodies just because, and a wetsuit for her birthday.
LOL :smiley36:

Maybe take a look at the ones she rents, and see if you can find a similar fitting one?

Foo2
09-13-2007, 09:36
Good thought Becky! Do you know what size and brand she normally rents? If you don't, does the LDS that you use keep those records? Just a thought.

divechaplain-sara
09-14-2007, 00:09
When you go to measuring the length of her legs and wrists and ankles, she might start worrying about the flannel pajamas you are planning to get her.

chrissysb
09-14-2007, 14:33
I would go Henderson Small IMHO. When I first started diving I went for price rather than comfort. It took two strong men to hoist me into my cheapy 7 mil wetsuit and I felt like the stay puff marshmallow man when I was diving. I finally wised up and got the Henderson Hyper Stretch and slip into it like butter. It's has A LOT of forgiveness so her skinniness will make up for her tallness. Just my .02 - Hope this helps!

caroln
09-14-2007, 15:53
A Henderson Hyperstretch has a lot of give, so if you're in the ballpark size wise, it should fit. I'd be pretty excited to get new dive gear for my b-day. I think I'll have to 'accidentally' leave this section open for my husband to read and pick up some hints.

mdwestgrl
09-16-2007, 17:07
I agree, Henderson Hyperstretch would be a great wetsuit to get her. I would try to get as many of her measurements as possible without being tooo suspious for a good fit. Or if she has rented one that fits her well and she likes it get some more details on that one too.

shanenurse
09-16-2007, 17:18
I know this is not my place to post, but I am getting married next month.... how many measurements do you really need to buy lingerie???

scubasavvy
09-16-2007, 17:51
I like Henderson. Men's torsos are longer and they have long arms. Maybe a women's wet suit wouldn't fit her as well as a mens? I dunno, I'm just throwing ideas out there...

JahJahwarrior
09-16-2007, 21:50
Make it a kinky bedroom game, to get her measurements. Pretend to be a sadistic measurement taker person who likes to....you know....after taking as many measurements as possible. Make sure to measure all of her fingers, and maybe her toes. And her nose.

Just don't forget to write down all the measurements you need.

Oh and that won't work if you all are abstinent. Unless you put on a chastity belt or something, and that's so middle ages!

CrzyJay456
09-16-2007, 21:59
I like Henderson. Men's torsos are longer and they have long arms. Maybe a women's wet suit wouldn't fit her as well as a mens? I dunno, I'm just throwing ideas out there...

i was gonna say the same thing. mens wetsuits come in sizes paired with tall. so for a skinny tall man, there is something that fits... contact one of the companies and tell them her height, weight and hope they can suggest something.
have you tried the size charts?

Anne Eastwell
10-31-2007, 23:26
When you go to measuring the length of her legs and wrists and ankles, she might start worrying about the flannel pajamas you are planning to get her.

LOL... I had the same thought!! I don't think the lingerie story would work :smiley36:

Anne Eastwell
10-31-2007, 23:29
I know this is not my place to post, but I am getting married next month.... how many measurements do you really need to buy lingerie???

Seriously? Just bust and hips....

quasimoto
11-03-2007, 16:13

Like it is going to stay on very long!! Who cares as long as it will make it from the bathroom to the bedroom. :D

edited: sorry guys this is an old thread that was resurrected.