PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Woman Claims to Own the Sun

Vercingetorix
11-28-2010, 06:43
AFP: Spanish woman claims ownership of the Sun (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iabt-SAXY390wSpknpaI-EkWnCvA?docId=CNG.e80666177013e5bf887c610c599c5665 .2a1)
=========================
A 49-year-old Spanish lady has claimed to be the owner of Sun.

Angeles Duran from Spain's soggy region of Galicia said that she registered the star at a local notary public as being her property after learning about the American man, who registered moon and most planets in our solar system as his property.here is an international agreement, which states that no country may claim ownership of a planet or star, but it says nothing about individuals, she added.

"There was no snag, I backed my claim legally, I am not stupid, I know the law. I did it but anyone else could have done it, it simply occurred to me first," the New York Post quoted her as telling online edition of daily El Mundo.

The document issued by the notary public declares Duran to be the "owner of the Sun, a star of spectral type G2, located in the center of the solar system, located at an average distance from Earth of about 149,600,000 kilometers."

She said she now wants to slap a fee on everyone who uses the sun and give half of the proceeds to the Spanish government and 20 percent to the nation's pension fund.

"It is time to start doing things the right way, if there is an idea for how to generate income and improve the economy and people's wellbeing, why not do it?" she concluded. (ANI)
===================

Next time you get a sunburn, you know who to sue.

Aquatrax
11-28-2010, 07:37
Can I sue her for my sunburn and the lack of warmth in winter?

bennerman
11-28-2010, 08:47
Why didn't I think of that? XD

Vercingetorix
11-28-2010, 09:10
Why didn't I think of that? XD

Here's an idea. You should lay claim to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Now, I know what you're thinking: The Charter belongs to All Canadians. Well, ya see, if it belongs to all, then it belongs to none. I mean, has anybody ever said, "This is my Charter?" No. So, if you lay claim, every time any citizen of Canada exercises a right by invoking the Charter, you could claim a royalty. You'd make a mint.

Give it some thought. You may have some problem with the Quebecois; but hell, they're a bunch of seperatists anyway.

mm2002
11-28-2010, 19:16
This is a great idea. I'm going first thing tomorrow morning to file for ownership of the ocean. Nobody owns it as a whole do they? Those who back me will have free dives for life, but those who don't...............hehehe

inventor
11-28-2010, 23:24
I actually mentioned today to a bar buddy, that I was thinking of discovering America. Hey, if Columbus can discover the place while it was already populated, figure why not. Also reminds me of the science fiction story about the guy that researched for a while, and eventually filed a patent on the wheel.

Venus is mine. Because you can't terraform it without my technologies. Well, you can, but you're not gonna.

oddbod
11-29-2010, 01:41

And the removal of Skin Cancers?

BSea
11-29-2010, 07:41

And the removal of Skin Cancers?How does the sun remove skin cancer??? :)

Can we sue her for solar flares causing TV interruptions? I mean heaven forbid one might interrupt "THE VIEW", or DWTS. Actually in those cases it might be performing a public service. :smiley36:

Now if one interrupt the Super Bowl, then we'd take her for everything she has.:smiley7:

scubastud
11-29-2010, 07:43
I hereby claim ownership of the wind.

SEMO Scuba
11-29-2010, 20:14
Wind. I just sent you a bit of mine.:smiley36:

scubastud
11-29-2010, 20:30

:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::fart:

inventor
11-29-2010, 23:29

I'm believing he only claims intact wind, not broken.

TJDiver
11-30-2010, 06:49
As my son says..."Air biscuits...get 'em while they're hot!" :smilie39:

Ya'll can have the sun and wind...think I'll lay claim to the oceans. I'll let ya'll know where to send useage fees for your dives. SS gets a free pass if he keeps that "wind" away from my dives. :smiley36:

scubastud
11-30-2010, 06:57
As my son says..."Air biscuits...get 'em while they're hot!" :smilie39:

Ya'll can have the sun and wind...think I'll lay claim to the oceans. I'll let ya'll know where to send useage fees for your dives. SS gets a free pass if he keeps that "wind" away from my dives. :smiley36:

mm2002 called dibsies on the oceans.
I was thinking wind.. that way I could charge sailors every time they wanted to go somewhere.

TJDiver
11-30-2010, 07:03
Drats...foiled again!

BSea
11-30-2010, 10:20
I hereby claim O2. There will now be a $2 surcharge on each tank fill containing O2. Or for $1 you can have some SEMO Scuba wind fills.

And just to show I'm not in this just for the $$$$$. There will not be any extra cost for higher Nitrox fills. I kinda feel like Santa now. :xmasanta: