PDA

View Full Version : Texas Winter Road Warrior Scuba Trip!

Emeraldmug
12-01-2010, 04:53
I need some help figuring out which of these would be best to go to this winter I will probably go to 3-10 places depending on the route.

Please only vote if you have been there or heard from at least a few people that it was good to great for Texas Diving

Thanks!

Tyler

NOTE: Please pick the Top 7 choices in the poll (it is organized by city so if I go to one there it is likely I will hit up at least one other)

P.S. If anyone would like to join the plan is to leave near the end of the week of the 13th of Dec. in other words 2 weeks.

Emeraldmug
12-01-2010, 05:16
If there are any additional site suggestions please post them. The polling option only let me put 15 of the 22 I was considering even after grouping sites in the same city (I built a list from texasdiver.com).

The plan is camping and I have yet to figure out if I can rent a tank and air at all of these sites.

It will be colder diving (except Balmorhea which I've heard stays fairly warm year round); just to keep in mind when selecting.

Thanks again!

jans
12-01-2010, 10:00
There is no body of water in Texas warm enough for me in winter. I've been to Balmorhea, in July, it was cold. The drive from Dallas is very long and IMO not worth it. I dont think the dive op's are running yet to Flower Gardens. Check into a long weekend in Cozumel.

Emeraldmug
12-01-2010, 13:26
As in the other post I am very much into a long long weekend in Cozumel, but I am taking a group from a society I will be president of next year on a trip the week of Dec 13th so I just need to find the best places to go...

Probably going to make it a minimum of a week trip and and a maximum of two weeks

navyhmc
12-01-2010, 14:13
You forgot the Texas Clipper - says the sod buster from Kansas....

Emeraldmug
12-01-2010, 14:17
I will check it out.. thanks.. Doc?

Emeraldmug
12-01-2010, 14:20
Oh, I totally forgot to mention I'll be going to SPI's Seven and One-Half Fathom Reef at the end to go down and visit some family this is just not on the list cause it's a guarentee and the trip is meant to be cheap for anyone who needs it to be (i.e. carpooling and onyl having to refill/maybe rent a tank)