PDA

View Full Version : i'm a gleek

scubagirlj
12-07-2010, 07:24
i cannot deny it any longer, i am a gleek-yes, i enjoy the musicality of the show(can live without the teen age angst but jane lynch is great as sue sylvester & michael morrison is not hard to watch)-also liked the new show on TV last night called"the sing along", an accapella only contest-its hard to believe they don't have any instruments accompanying them

TwistedSister209
12-07-2010, 07:30
Saw that show too. Not sure why I don't watch Glee.
In HS, I was in choir, so I should be into it.

Vercingetorix
12-07-2010, 07:35
Yep. I watch, too. As a choir member, I like seeing other chorales, especially show chorales, do their thing. Went it first came on, I didn't watch. then my wife mentioned that Jane Lynch was in it, and that sold me. As the psychiatrist on "Two and a Half Men", she was my favorite character. As Sue Sylvester, she takes MEAN to the next level. Yet, she's not one-dimensional. We see that she does care about teaching (witness her reaction to the kids singing "To Sir, With Love" to Mr. Shu.) She has a great relationship with her older sister, whom she idolizes. One of her Cheerios is a "Special Ed" kid.

Oh, and Heather Morris is easy on the eyes. Sidebar: she's a dancer byu profession. She was a backup dancer on Beyonce, and was hired by the Glee producers to teach the kids to dance one of Beyonce's numbers. The producers were looking to cast "Cheerleader #3", and they saw she did well on camera and could deliver her lines well with a comic, deadpan flair.

//yeah, yeah. cool story, bro

scubagirlj
12-07-2010, 07:43
//yeah, yeah. cool story, bro[/QUOTE]

another subscriber to urban dictionary word/phrase of the day(GMTA)

Diver Kat
12-07-2010, 08:05
Another Glee fan .... also did choir as a kid, and then did theatre ( & musicals) in HS. Have to say that 'Sue' caught my eye originally as I knew her from the Christopher Guest movies - Best in Show & A Mighty Wind. As Sue she's so evil she's funny. Glee also seems to be the big guest appearance show these days with all kinds of people popping up in an episode.

scubastud
12-07-2010, 08:09
I was in choir as a kid, but I am a man.

Vercingetorix
12-07-2010, 08:12
I was in choir as a kid, but I am a man.

Hey, those ladies ain' gonna sing Bass. But, then, if you're insecure about your manhood so that you won't sing, well...I understand.:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36:

scubastud
12-07-2010, 08:22
Hey, those ladies ain' gonna sing Bass. But, then, if you're insecure about your manhood so that you won't sing, well...I understand.:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36:

I am.. I'm a wreck!
Man I hope I'm not secretly a homo... I can't afford the new wardrobe!!

Vercingetorix
12-07-2010, 08:25
Man I hope I'm not secretly a homo...
Do you eat quiche?

I can't afford the new wardrobe!!

Ah yes, but your tastes will improve. Most of my gay friends also make quite a nice salary.

scubastud
12-07-2010, 08:46
frikin love quiche, but only the way my sister makes it.

On a serious note, I have very fond memories singing baritone in HS... We spent three weeks in Netherlands/Germany.. we sang in the Colonge Cathedral! We sounded awwesome!
I just can't bring myself to watch glee... I guess I'm a homophobe.

Straegen
12-07-2010, 08:52
The show hooked my wife and I thanks to the extremely funny offhanded comments. In the second episode the gag reflex conversation had us reeling especially when it seemed at the time it was just going to be a teen show:

Rachel: The girl who was throwing up before me left that. I tried, but I guess I just don't have a gag reflex.

Mrs Pillsbury: One day when you're older, that'll turn out to be a gift.

jans
12-07-2010, 09:03
I dont watch much T.V., but I dont miss this one.

mm2002
12-07-2010, 09:54
Do you eat quiche?

Ah yes, but your tastes will improve. Most of my gay friends also make quite a nice salary.

frikin love quiche, but only the way my sister makes it.

On a serious note, I have very fond memories singing baritone in HS... We spent three weeks in Netherlands/Germany.. we sang in the Colonge Cathedral! We sounded awwesome!
I just can't bring myself to watch glee... I guess I'm a homophobe.

Looks like you two are getting pretty tight eh? Not that there's anything wrong with that. :smiley2:

Vercingetorix
12-07-2010, 11:07
Looks like you two are getting pretty tight eh? Not that there's anything wrong with that. :smiley2:

This, coming from a guy who visits Tim in his man cave with the purple curtains. :smiley36:

EDIT: Based on Diver Kat's comment below.

Diver Kat
12-07-2010, 11:18
This, coming from a guy who visits Tim in his man cave with the pink curtains. :smiley36:
Wait!! He updated the purple curtains to pink??? :smiley3: And we haven't seen any new pictures???? :frown_2:

scubastud
12-07-2010, 11:52
MM all it takes is one glance at your avatar picture to re-affirm my herero-ness.

Vercingetorix
12-07-2010, 12:34
MM all it takes is one glance at your avatar picture to re-affirm my hero-ness.

Pssst...

Uh, ScubaStud, that IS mm2002. Yeah, you might want to revisit your definition of hero-ness

scubagirlj
12-07-2010, 13:48
[QUOTE=Vercingetorix;426264]Pssst...

Uh, ScubaStud, that IS mm2002. Yeah, you might want to revisit your definition of hero-ness[/QUOTE
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39:]

scubastud
12-07-2010, 14:04
He's hot

Vercingetorix
12-07-2010, 14:16
He's hot

OK, man. I'm going to save you from yourself. Back away slowly from the keyboard. Don't make any sudden moves.

I consider you a hero worth emulating, but if you keep saying things like that...I may have to revisit my definition of hero-ness.

Now, go kill and eat some raw meat or something.

scubagirlj
12-07-2010, 14:21
or come shopping with me & we''ll get mani/pedis & facials!!

Vercingetorix
12-07-2010, 14:31
or come shopping with me & we''ll get mani/pedis & facials!!

I just threw-up a little in my mouth

//how is it, that you started this thread with the most innocent of intentions, and it quickly degraded into THIS because of You-Know-Who? Where's that Ignore button, again?

navyhmc
12-07-2010, 14:34
Now, I'm completely confused!!!

scubastud
12-07-2010, 15:05
I'm afraid the pedi chick would pull out the die grinder ala dumb and dumber.

mm2002
12-07-2010, 18:51
He's hot

Thanks!

Vercingetorix
12-07-2010, 19:42
Just finished watching the Christmas episode about a minute ago. This season, the episodes just keep getting better in terms of the story line and the music. Again, we see Sue Sylvester not as a one-dimension meanie; rather, we see that she cares.

Thanks!

Would you two like to be alone? Rent a room, perhaps?

scubagirlj
12-07-2010, 21:46
how sweet, a holiday bromance

scubastud
12-07-2010, 21:50
Just finished watching the Christmas episode about a minute ago. This season, the episodes just keep getting better in terms of the story line and the music. Again, we see Sue Sylvester not as a one-dimension meanie; rather, we see that she cares.

Would you two like to be alone? Rent a room, perhaps?

Look man... you write a favorable comment about a tv show where people prance around and sing then you have the GALL to comment on me appreciating a guy's nice butt...
You have a lot of nerve mister.

Diver Kat
12-07-2010, 22:49
Just finished watching the Christmas episode about a minute ago. This season, the episodes just keep getting better in terms of the story line and the music. Again, we see Sue Sylvester not as a one-dimension meanie; rather, we see that she cares. Pretty funny with Sue literally as the grinch ....

Vercingetorix
12-08-2010, 07:24
Look man... you write a favorable comment about a tv show where people prance around and sing then you have the GALL to comment on me appreciating a guy's nice butt...

Of course I have the gall. I am Vercingetorix.

You have a lot of nerve mister.

To battle Julius Caesar three times. yes, I must.

scubagirlj
12-08-2010, 09:28
Pretty funny with Sue literally as the grinch ....
how perfect did she look with the green make up & her assistant pulling her on the piled high sled? just like the movie! priceless!