PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching Sarah Palin's Alaska?

scubatrucker
12-07-2010, 16:06
I like this show. I think she is an authentic, pulls no punches, tells it like it is woman. I also think, no I know, she gets a bad wrap in the mainstream media because of those reasons.
But here is the real reason I like this program. The Liberal progressives are creating laws to make us "little people" eat healthier and get off the couch, and the First Lady is behind legislation to make cellery and carrots be the default menu item at fast food restaurants to replace french fries, while the very same First Lady is using her kids as examples of obese children is then caught on camera eating ice cream cones with her kids on Nantucket. (mmm I wonder why no body asked any questions)
Sarah Palin and her family are being active and gets off the couch. I just have more respect for somebody he leads by example and not from a pedistal. And while I choose to sit on the couch and eat french fries, that's my choice!!

Vercingetorix
12-07-2010, 18:23
I don't watch the show. She's whoring for votes for 2012. If she wins the Republican nomination, the Democrats would love it. That would put Mr . Obama in for a second term easily.

I mean, who resigns from the Governorship without being under indictment? She just quit. So wrong.

The crazy...it burns

FishFood
12-07-2010, 18:40
Sarah Palin's 'Alaska' is analogous to GW working on his ranch. When he played cowboy, his ratings went up. People like voting for what they deem a 'common' person.

I agree with Rick; the polls say time and time again that even conservatives and republicans are split on whether they like Sarah Palin or not. IMO she need to sit down, shut up, and color.... Back in Alaska.

Vercingetorix
12-07-2010, 19:47
I don't even think concervatives are split on her. They know she is not a viable candidate. Sure, the nutjob fringe, AKA Tea Party like her, but mainstream conservatives keep their distance. If anything, she could fracture the party vote. This would prove to be a real problem is she is "going rogue" and running as an independent. That would should split the party vote to allow the Democrat an easy victory.

Fishfood is righr about GWB. He bought the Crawford ranch just prior to running for President. Unlike Reagan, who really could ranch, GWB played at being the common man. He now lives about 10 miles from me. Far too close. he's a political lightweight now. No party candidate will seek his approval or blessing when running.

Largo
12-07-2010, 20:02
Sarah's old news.

I think they should run Michelle Malkin in 2012. Grrrrowl!

scubatrucker
12-07-2010, 20:19
Sarah's old news.

I think they should run Michelle Malkin in 2012. Grrrrowl!
10-4 on Malkin. Now I will agree the show is becoming more of a PSA for Alaska tourism. And I do agree about forcing a split ticket. I didn't say she would make a great candidate and for that reason I'll wait to see the other choices, but I still like the show.

bigman241
12-07-2010, 20:27
watch the show, it is ok, I dislike t he ohhh does that gun kick hard, or whinning about climbing the mountain. I think she will run, if nominated will likely win, but I think GW could win against obama, unless he pulls from the nuts on the left, like he did today.

I do agree, some of it is preparing for 2012, but I think it shows the real sarah,

The reason she dropped being Governor was she could not focus on her state and was spending millions on fighting court battles, she did the right thing, plus it allowed her to sell her book, tv show and make millons to support her family and her ohh so costly hunts. LOL

You ask most folks in her state and they love her.

Would I vote for her, yes, will I if she runs, yes, do I think she would make a good president, yes, but I would vote for bush again. LOL

THe whole she is not smart enough, or does not have the experience is crazy, she has as much experience if not more then obama did, is smarter then bush and alot of our presidents (maybe obama) and has sense.

SlvrDragon50
12-07-2010, 20:29
Show me documentation that the First Lady is pushing that. I call BS on that. Perhaps strongly suggest, but not legislation.

And you're a fool if you don't believe the US has a problem with obesity.

scubatrucker
12-07-2010, 20:39
Show me documentation that the First Lady is pushing that. I call BS on that. Perhaps strongly suggest, but not legislation.

And you're a fool if you don't believe the US has a problem with obesity.
Maybe this ought to be moved to the hot topics thread
You're right, sorry, no legislation but urging. My mistake.
And we are fat, me included. Not that I stuff myself with twinkies and doughnuts, but if that's what I want to do, I'll do it. I don't want governments tell me what to eat. That was my point.

SlvrDragon50
12-07-2010, 21:25
But the point is they aren't telling you what to eat. Merely suggesting.

If you want to continue eating twinkies and doughnuts, there's absolutely nothing the government can do to stop you. Considering the circumstances, though, it would be in our best interest to at least try to offer healthy alternatives (note, alternatives, NOT replacements) to things that aren't necessarily healthy.

Largo
12-07-2010, 21:30
Gentlemen!

I think that we are missing the point here. Let's get back on topic.

We really need a hot chick for President in 2012. Sorry, Sarah, your train has sailed.

Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Teabagger... as long as she is hot, I'll vote for her.

scubatrucker
12-07-2010, 21:44
:sulkoff:sorry Largo, you're right

scubagirlj
12-07-2010, 21:56
Gentlemen!

We really need a hot chick for President in 2012. Sorry, Sarah, your train has sailed.

Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Teabagger... as long as she is hot, I'll vote for her.
:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36::smiley36::smiley36: :smiley36:

Vercingetorix
12-08-2010, 07:30
Gentlemen!

YOU don't think Sarah Palin is hot? I beg to differ. If I voted on looks alone, then it's Sarah! Sarah! Sarah!

Lulubelle
12-08-2010, 07:43
I've watched it, because I want to see what Alaska looks like. No chance in hell she will ever get my vote. Her behavior has not been that of a person capable of leading our country. And I start with a requirement that a presidential candidate speak in full sentences using words found in some dictionary.

As for your french fries ST, Mrs Obama is leading an effort directed towards CHILDREN. Companies are marketing meals to children (like Happy Meals and such) which do not even come close to meeting RDA guidelines and are very high in calories and trans fats. Parents haven't a clue what they are feeding their kids. Her efforts are geared more towards educating parents and requiring companies to be more open about what their food is and isn't. I'm all for it.

scubastud
12-08-2010, 07:46
I think Sarah is attractive... I have to say that.

Sarah

Wife

Rileybri
12-08-2010, 08:01
If I wanted someone like me to be president I would run myself. I want, no need my/our president to be a FAR greater person them I am. Sarah Palen is a sound bight, a distraction for people distracted by bright shinny objects (this thread is case and point). If I were voting purely on looks SP would not even make my list!

Noob
12-08-2010, 09:42
If I wanted someone like me to be president I would run myself. I want, no need my/our president to be a FAR greater person them I am. Sarah Palen is a sound bight, a distraction for people distracted by bright shinny objects (this thread is case and point). If I were voting purely on looks SP would not even make my list!

Agreed, I dont care what they look like, I'd like a competent quality individual to make it. Unfortunately the run we have I have yet to see it.

Oh BTW nope never seen it nor will I waste the time.

bigman241
12-08-2010, 10:59
I will run vote for me. If elected I will stop the iraq war the right way, bring world peace, cure the bad economy, bring good jobs back to America, ohh gym class back in schools, and make july national scuba month

Lulubelle
12-10-2010, 09:41
But here is the real reason I like this program. The Liberal progressives are creating laws to make us "little people" eat healthier and get off the couch, and the First Lady is behind legislation to make cellery and carrots be the default menu item at fast food restaurants to replace french fries, while the very same First Lady is using her kids as examples of obese children is then caught on camera eating ice cream cones with her kids on Nantucket. (mmm I wonder why no body asked any questions)
Sarah Palin and her family are being active and gets off the couch. I just have more respect for somebody he leads by example and not from a pedistal. And while I choose to sit on the couch and eat french fries, that's my choice!!

McDonald’s Happy Meal resists decomposition for six months | The Upshot Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101012/bs_yblog_upshot/mcdonalds-happy-meal-resists-decomposition-for-six-months)
http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2008/09/12-year-old-mcdonalds-hamburger-still-looking-good.html
Enjoy your lunch.

I fully support Ms. Obama's attempts to make food vendors come clean about what they are feeding kids and to offer some healthier alternatives. The aggressive marketing of unhealthy food which does not meet nutritional recommendations needs to come out of the closet.

Vercingetorix
12-10-2010, 10:24
Following on to LuluBelle's links: watch the movie, Supersize Me

TJDiver
12-10-2010, 11:03
Following on to LuluBelle's links: watch the movie, Supersize Me

Yeah, and there's an opposing point where a fellow lost weight eating nothing but McDonalds. It's all about personal choices and responsibility...or, at least, it should be.

Sorry...I'm just in a mood today. There's entirely too little personal accountability these days IMO. The big evil this or that is the reason I'm fat...poor...mean...blah blah blah. I really wish people would start taking responsibility for themselves again. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that I absolutely love..."Your Life is NOT My Fault".

rpm20
12-10-2010, 13:42
ditto !!!
we love the show and it gives me a chance to interact with peta. (people eating tastey animals) lol

truthfully though, the down to earth nature of the show and the fact that she tells it like is with no bs is great !!
rpm20

I like this show. I think she is an authentic, pulls no punches, tells it like it is woman. I also think, no I know, she gets a bad wrap in the mainstream media because of those reasons.

scubagirlj
12-10-2010, 14:00
the movie "food inc" was enough to make me gag-look at food with a bit more skeptisism(sp?)

inventor
12-10-2010, 14:01
Gentlemen!

Largo, did you forget to check for the adam's apple?

I think Palin's an idiot, and have no desire to watch the show. My only worry is that Bush got us amenable to having an idiot in the White House.

Vercingetorix
12-10-2010, 15:07
Yeah, and there's an opposing point where a fellow lost weight eating nothing but McDonalds. It's all about personal choices and responsibility...or, at least, it should be.

Sorry...I'm just in a mood today. There's entirely too little personal accountability these days IMO. The big evil this or that is the reason I'm fat...poor...mean...blah blah blah. I really wish people would start taking responsibility for themselves again. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that I absolutely love..."Your Life is NOT My Fault".

Amen, brother TJ.

Lulubelle
12-10-2010, 15:37

Me TOO! No one is trying to take your personal choices away. Mrs. Obama's efforts are simply to force food companies to tell the public what they are feeding their children. A bit more transparency from the food industry would only give you better choices. You might actually know what it is that you were choosing.

the movie "food inc" was enough to make me gag-look at food with a bit more skeptisism(sp?)

Yep. No kidding. Most people have no idea how they are being manipulated. That flick made me more committed to buying local, and from people who actually know what they grow.

Lulubelle
12-10-2010, 15:40
For the record, as much as I don't care for Ms. Palin, I find it ludicrous that she was attacked for killing an animal that her family was planning to eat.

Straegen
12-10-2010, 17:05
McDonald’s Happy Meal resists decomposition for six months | The Upshot Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101012/bs_yblog_upshot/mcdonalds-happy-meal-resists-decomposition-for-six-months)
12-Year Old McDonald's Hamburger, Still Looking Good | A Hamburger Today (http://aht.seriouseats.com/archives/2008/09/12-year-old-mcdonalds-hamburger-still-looking-good.html)
Enjoy your lunch.This has been debunked several times.

Why McDonald's Hamburgers Don't Rot - NYTimes.com (http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/12/why-mcdonalds-hamburgers-dont-rot/)

For the record, as much as I don't care for Ms. Palin, I find it ludicrous that she was attacked for killing an animal that her family was planning to eat.Agreed.

Beefcake
12-11-2010, 11:18
You ask most folks in her state and they love her.
I'm in Alaska right now, and the only comments I've heard about her have been less than flattering. Besides the tongue-in-cheek "You betcha" comments, there is still negative sentiment over Troopergate (using her elected position to get her brother-in-law fired from the state troopers when he filed for divorce from her sister), and negative feelings for quitting as governor. Further, legislation she pushed to tax the oil companies more and the partnership she set up with a private Canadian company to build the new pipeline have backfired, and there are huge economic ramifications starting to show.

As a person, I think I like her. However, I have to believe that there is a better option for president. Unfortunately, I don't think our nation's "best and brightest" end up on the ballot anymore. I can't remember the last presidential election that I didn't feel I was voting for the lesser of two evils. Our country is in trouble, and I hope that a true leader emerges in the next election

Oops, was this thread about her TV show? The hunting episode has caused an uproar on most hunting boards (5-6 missed shots, Dad had to work the bolt for her, other guy passes her a "hot" gun with the safety off, etc.). I thought it was entertaining, and I like the honesty of it and the fact that she did it. However, she probably shouldn't be trying to pass herself off as an experienced outdoorswoman. You can tell by the way she carried the rifle on the way to see the downed 'bou that she hasn't handled guns much.

YouTube - 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' - 12/5/2010 - Palin shoots a caribou (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW0Xx4DXkYk)

Vercingetorix
12-11-2010, 12:29
Oops, was this thread about her TV show? The hunting episode has caused an uproar on most hunting boards (5-6 missed shots, Dad had to work the bolt for her, other guy passes her a "hot" gun with the safety off, etc.). I thought it was entertaining, and I like the honesty of it and the fact that she did it. However, she probably shouldn't be trying to pass herself off as an experienced outdoorswoman. You can tell by the way she carried the rifle on the way to see the downed 'bou that she hasn't handled guns much.

Holy sh** !!!. Thanks for the clip. They ought to show that clip at every NRA Hunter Safety Course and title it "Don't Let This Happen To You". Why is Daddy loading the firearm for her? She's a big girl. You're right about her firing five rounds. How nice of the caribou to hang around that long. And the other guy handing her a hot weapon? Sheeesh. That's rule one: clear the weapon before handing to somebody, and clear/check the weapon when you receive it. If she were an NRA member, I'd vote to strip her membership.

scubastud
12-11-2010, 14:11
... that video made me ill.:smiley11:
That woman has no business being in the field.:smiley21::smiley5:

I would never, ever take my wife hunting if she was so horrible, (she isn't-she is a very good shot- and yes, loads her own weapon, and (of frikin course!) chambers her own rounds for crying out loud.

scubastud
12-11-2010, 14:49
Man am I pissed... mostly because I was fooled, I mean I just assumed a woman that lives in Alaska andtalks about hunting would know a little bit.

She was missing that animal because she was crouching up on that scope, she obviously never shot that rifle (daddy, does it kick?), and she was not squeezing the trigger.
She was yanking at it harder that a twelve year old with his first Playboy.

Maybe she will quit hunting, she is good at quitting stuff.

Vercingetorix
12-11-2010, 15:28
She was yanking at it harder that a twelve year old with his first Playboy.

Now, I have that image stuck in my head. Thanks, you jackwagon.

Beefcake
12-11-2010, 15:52
I sort of agree, but I think there is more to the story. I'll start by clarifying that I honestly don't think that someone should hunt with another person's gun without practicing with it first. I am also a firm believer in sighting-in your rifle before every season in case the scope got bumped hard enough to be out of alignment. Mine has never been dropped or bumped hard enough to be off, but I know it can happen. That said, I think all of the missed shots were due to a screwed up gun (otherwise, she would have wounded the first several animals rather than missing completely). After that many complete misses, she made a perfect hit on the first try with the other guy's gun.

I also expected her to have more skills, but everyone starts somewhere. Her lack of gun safety knowledge is the fault of her father or past hunting mentors. I'm just disappointed after all the hype of her being the ultimate outdoorswoman. My sister can shoot, dress, pack, and fly home her own caribou (thanks to my brother in law, she's better in the outdoors than I am). Maybe my sister should have her own Alaska show...