PDA

View Full Version : I was born and raised in Michigan..

scubastud
12-16-2010, 06:24
Found this, it is a part of a series, this one I like...

(some four letter words.)

YouTube - Pure Michigan: Lions Fans (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FJoRxT6B5g&feature=related)

Vercingetorix
12-16-2010, 06:32
I was born in Michigan

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you can overcome this.

tacofranklin
12-16-2010, 06:35
Lol, had to send this to my friend. He worships the Lions.

scubastud
12-16-2010, 06:37
I left because I do not like the cold.

I got tired of people saying "oh, ya just have to dress in layers."

bfmorgan
12-16-2010, 06:58

It is a balmy 10 degrees (F). It has warmed up a bit from 7 (F). Dressing in layers doesn't help....cold is cold....

flipcop
12-16-2010, 07:07

Its cold in MI? Hmmm!
Any football fan is a crazy smucker. Whew Hew Im gonna spend my whole Sunday watching dudes in tight pants jumping on each other.

Quero
12-16-2010, 07:21
I also used to be from Michigan, but my taste in sports begins and ends with the Wolverines. :smiley36:

I left after grad school to go live in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), and then London (England), and then Geneva (Switzerland) and then Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and now Phuket (Thailand), a sunny island in the Indian Ocean.

I'm glad I've got sweet memories of Michigan as a young person, but I'm just as glad I don't have to live there as an adult when places like the ones I've lived in since leaving Michigan are calling out to me!

It's warm here! Come visit and we can watch ESPN if we get bored with diving and need a Michigan sports fix!

chilly willy
12-16-2010, 07:24
I have to drive in MI on occasion, that's enough for me.

mocepts
12-16-2010, 07:58
Well I'm from WV, and them MI SOBs stole both our BBall and Football coaches. I'll drive around Mi thank you. :smiley21:

Quero
12-16-2010, 08:23
Well I'm from WV, and them MI SOBs stole both our BBall and Football coaches. I'll drive around Mi thank you. :smiley21:

:icon_eek: Shocking! You mean they were kidnapped and dragged kicking and screaming all the way to Michigan????

mocepts
12-16-2010, 08:28
:icon_eek: Shocking! You mean they were kidnapped and dragged kicking and screaming all the way to Michigan????

I'm pretty sure that's how it went down. I'm mean who would leave WV voluntarily? Besides myself, and only because I wanted a job that didn't involve working with coal. :smilie39:

bfmorgan
12-16-2010, 18:11

The fact that we are still here, waiting for the Lions to win a bowl game is proof that we are crazy.....and that is not even considering the weather at the moment.

Lake Michijim
12-16-2010, 19:35
The Lions this year are a better team then their record indicates. Heck, they beat up on the Packers and they have a decent team this year. I travel to da UP and there is a ton of fantastic diving up there. The locals are generally really friendly and for me it's like going back to the 70's. Even the police cars have a red single gum ball light on them. When you go to a bakery up there and get a dozen donuts, you get a box of donuts that'll stop a teenager in his tracks! None of this wimpy Krispy Kreme stuff.
lake Superior diving is awesome. Great viz, interesting wrecks, no zebra mussels. like how it used to be in Lake Michigan, but with viz. Ha. I get up to Fortune Pond a couple three times a year. An awesome place to try things out and you can easily do deco diving there. I can be in 150 fow 100 feet from my van there! And that's with 80+ foot viz!
Thailand I'm sure is very cool as other places around the globe. Kind of reminds me of the guy who sold his farm to search the world for diamonds and the person who bought his farm found diamonds on his property and struck it rich. LOL. That's the way life is sometimes........

scubastud
12-16-2010, 20:18
I also used to be from Michigan, but my taste in sports begins and ends with the Wolverines. :smiley36:

I left after grad school to go live in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), and then London (England), and then Geneva (Switzerland) and then Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and now Phuket (Thailand), a sunny island in the Indian Ocean.

I'm glad I've got sweet memories of Michigan as a young person, but I'm just as glad I don't have to live there as an adult when places like the ones I've lived in since leaving Michigan are calling out to me!

It's warm here! Come visit and we can watch ESPN if we get bored with diving and need a Michigan sports fix!

Nice!
A michigan fan cool.
And tell me, who is the best NFL quarerback playing today? And where did he attend college? thaaats right!

Oh! Just found out my best friend's son will be attending UofM on a soccer scholorship. sawwweeeeet!

Quero
12-16-2010, 20:55
Thailand I'm sure is very cool as other places around the globe. Kind of reminds me of the guy who sold his farm to search the world for diamonds and the person who bought his farm found diamonds on his property and struck it rich. LOL. That's the way life is sometimes........

Yes, that is food for thought.
....... <Q is thinking> ......

Okay, I've thought about it! :smiley2:

Based on the knowledge that my brother, who has lived his whole life in Michigan, still hasn't found those diamonds (or anything else beyond the random arrowhead, and some of those from his own arrows) on his property in Belding, I guess I'll just keep enjoying the "enriching" experiences that exploring the rest of the world has provided me.

It's like old Sly Stone sang (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/jeff+buckley/everyday+people_20070285.html)... :smiley31:
As for me, I'm happy as a zebra mussel in Lake Michigan to live in a place where my footwear alternates between flip flops and dive fins year round (and as a bonus I never need to shovel snow, scrape ice, haul firewood, put up storm windows, etc., etc., etc.). Come visit--I'll take you for a dive or two and you can always hurry back home if you think the water here's too warm, has too many pretty fish, or is too clear :smiley16:

ScubaCaveman
12-17-2010, 06:35
I live in Michigan. I love the summers, but the winters suck! Go Lions. And although i am not a UofM fan, I am sure a lot of them are thinking WV can have their coach back.

Lake Michijim
12-17-2010, 14:46
Yes, that is food for thought.
....... <Q is thinking> ......

Okay, I've thought about it! :smiley2:

Based on the knowledge that my brother, who has lived his whole life in Michigan, still hasn't found those diamonds (or anything else beyond the random arrowhead, and some of those from his own arrows) on his property in Belding, I guess I'll just keep enjoying the "enriching" experiences that exploring the rest of the world has provided me.

It's like old Sly Stone sang (http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/jeff+buckley/everyday+people_20070285.html)... :smiley31:
As for me, I'm happy as a zebra mussel in Lake Michigan to live in a place where my footwear alternates between flip flops and dive fins year round (and as a bonus I never need to shovel snow, scrape ice, haul firewood, put up storm windows, etc., etc., etc.). Come visit--I'll take you for a dive or two and you can always hurry back home if you think the water here's too warm, has too many pretty fish, or is too clear :smiley16:

Variety is the spice of life and I'd love to visit you sometime. We'll see what the new year brings....:smiley2:

dirtydon
01-25-2011, 16:51
going to try ice diving this weekend if sinus clears,take the camera shot some vid and pics