PDA

View Full Version : Atomic reg

rubberduck
09-13-2007, 13:55
The atomic reg is sold/displayed with the hose attached on the top of the 1st stage. Does anyone know the reasoning for this.

mwhities
09-13-2007, 13:57
That's actually the bottom. :) AND, the reason is so it routes better behind your back, down the wing, under your can light... wait.. that's DIR....

It can be moved. Most technical divers will leave it there as it does router better that way on a set of doubles.

Michael

ScaredSilly
09-13-2007, 14:57
It is not just DIR. It is another routing option depending on the configuration desired.

I think the reason they do this is two fold. One it alerts you that there is a port on the bottom which only a few regulators have and that it makes it easier to put it in the box that they sell it in.

CrzyJay456
09-13-2007, 17:10
i've seen them on the shelves like that, but have never seen one used like that?

ScaredSilly
09-13-2007, 17:35
look at the reg configurations for doubles about 3/4 the way down the page:

http://www.stupiddivertricks.com/resource/equipment/06.html

ScubaToys Larry
09-13-2007, 17:38
All good guesses... but the reason it's sticking out of the top is it fits in their box better. But I really like the other ideas! :smiley20:

We've probably sold a few hundred of them, and never had anyone want the hose there.

CrzyJay456
09-13-2007, 17:53
All good guesses... but the reason it's sticking out of the top is it fits in their box better. But I really like the other ideas! :smiley20:

We've probably sold a few hundred of them, and never had anyone want the hose there.

really? is that the actual reason? or you pulling my leg here?

ScubaToys Larry
09-13-2007, 17:56
That's the reason. Now true, many people orient it down and use a 5' or 7' hose on it when diving doubles, DIR style, etc... But the darn thing comes with about a 30" hose. That would never get to your mouth with that hose. But it makes the box about an inch smaller in all directions, which means they can pack more in a case and keep the shipping costs down.

And here you thought it was something tricky!

Ain't it amazing what you can learn on the internet!

CrzyJay456
09-13-2007, 18:11
That's the reason. Now true, many people orient it down and use a 5' or 7' hose on it when diving doubles, DIR style, etc... But the darn thing comes with about a 30" hose. That would never get to your mouth with that hose. But it makes the box about an inch smaller in all directions, which means they can pack more in a case and keep the shipping costs down.

And here you thought it was something tricky!

Ain't it amazing what you can learn on the internet!

i thought the internet was that place to read junk and get junk e-mails and viruses from

ScubaToys Larry
09-13-2007, 18:17
i thought the internet was that place to read junk and get junk e-mails and viruses from

Well yea.. that too.