PDA

View Full Version : Year in Review - 2010

snagel
12-26-2010, 09:46
Now that Christmass is over, it's time to think New Year and reflect on what happened over the past year.....

Bigman got his certification (was that this year?...he's been talking about it so long I really can't remember if that was this year or last year) and now he is moving to Florida.

Another year of a few tragedies....man get's lost in cave and is never seen again and for the first time, I witness first hand a diver tragedy.

"Ever feel like a thread killer" hits over 5000 posts.

ScubaToys Forum crashes and creates mayham for divers for several days until the new and improved forum can be built (all when Larry is on vacation).

Navy is somewhere around 10,000 posts (Is he ever away from the forum).

ScubaStud fills the forum with his interesting view of things.

What do you remember about 2010?

Snagel

FishFood
12-26-2010, 10:27
http://www.obamaantichrist.org/images/bp-oil-spill-doomsday.jpg

BP oil spill and clean up efforts.

And of course, one can never forget the now infamous 'I want my life back too' comment. Putz.

Bert
12-26-2010, 11:51
Well for me I got my EMT cert, and looking to net year for a CHT class and Job, (I might have a lead on the job)

tacofranklin
12-26-2010, 12:09
I started diving in May of 2010, and since then I have finished my Master Scuba Diver, and I enrolled in Padi DM course, finished with all the written stuff, just have to do my skill circuit, swim tests, and internships...I will get that done in 2011.

emclean
12-26-2010, 14:27
it will forever be the year my family started diving.

scubagirlj
12-26-2010, 15:04
i moved to SOFL

navyhmc
12-26-2010, 16:57
I got the privledge of continuing to be part of the great group of folks that is Scuba Toys!!!!

Other than that, I didn't dive as much as I wanted, I didn't get to go as manyt places as I wanted but I got to do enough.

I got my bike medic certification as well as an alphabet of courses to help in disaster management.

fab50diver
12-26-2010, 17:07
My DH and I got certified after years of waiting for our kids to grow up and move out! Now maybe we can do some dive travel starting with a trip to Utila in February!

PlatypusMan
12-26-2010, 17:59
I sold my soul to Santa, and also had my dyslexia treatments started.

Lulubelle
12-26-2010, 20:06
I survived the toughest year of my life, against the odds, and I'm still standing. It is amazing the strength one can summon when one is forced to be stronger.

Diver Kat
12-26-2010, 20:44
This was the year that I didn't have a job - for the first time in my life since I could legally work (we're talking a long, long, long time!) So it's been good & bad. Regained my sanity (well kind of!); did lots of home projects; took 3 dive trips to Cozumel; adopted a new dog; and lots of other positives. On the down side, I had no income; had a few minor health problems; worried way too much about not working and feeling a bit worthless for not contributing. Luckily I can say it's not been the best of times, and seriously not the worst of times! I'm still kicking, and looking forward to 2011 and some new adventures!!:smiley20:

Straegen
12-27-2010, 00:52
I would add: We lost Wes. All the natural disasters and weather phenomenon (earthquake, monsoons, volcanoes, landslide, etc). Healthcare reform (good or bad) and the Wikileaks fallout.

bennerman
12-27-2010, 00:58
My first dives ^.^

DMWiz
12-27-2010, 10:05
I started middle school and the homework is killing me... I would have straight As is she only turned in my homework on time! And to top it off she gets the 2 weeks off for winter break and I have to work. :)

TwistedSister209
12-27-2010, 18:18
I got my DM, my husband made good on his promise to travel with me, I finished 4th in Bomber class, Shadow Games came out, TAME was finished, and the best blessing of all: I found people who know the true meaning of friendship on this forum.

scubastud
12-27-2010, 23:10
Lets see , moved back from Guam, new job, travelled to Curacao, best friend's husband died, pop terminal, and...

My wife "shushed" my sister tonight and lived.

Now I am afraid of the wife... only one other person ever shushed my sister and lived to tell the tale.

navyhmc
12-28-2010, 03:20
Welcome to my world Stud...

snagel
12-28-2010, 05:33
Don't you just love the family get togethers around the holidays! Anymore I just sit back and watch the drama unfold. I once watched my sister-in-law shush my wife......yep, made for some good times. Felt like our cat when the dog gets in trouble and just enjoying the fact that it wasn't me.

Snagel