PDA

View Full Version : I say just build them a bridge so they can avoid getting wet altogther..

Splitlip
01-04-2011, 20:19
Sheesh.
Stud?

Will new border buoys keep migrants from drowning? - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40914883/ns/us_news-life/)

http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2011/01/04/18/286-Canal_Border_Deaths.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.56 .jpg

mzbdiver
01-04-2011, 20:20
Wow... just wow

Splitlip
01-04-2011, 20:30
What's next? Water fountains in the desert? Maybe rest stops like on the interstates?

scubagirlj
01-04-2011, 20:35
what would we call them? "wetback" just wouldn't seem right

Tassie Diver
01-04-2011, 20:58
$1.1 million! Some contractor made a killing on that job!

Splitlip
01-04-2011, 21:20
ya think? LOL

scubastud
01-04-2011, 23:06
They already have water stations in the desert for illegals passing by.
I am not against them, the heat will cook you alive, I don't want anyone to die that way.
Correction, the "coyotes" (that's what we call them) that smuggle these people in and leave them in the desert... those miserable inhuman #%%@!**&s need to die.

bigman241
01-05-2011, 02:22
I have no problem keeping these people alive, just have the water station and bouys next to the border stations, lol

Vercingetorix
01-05-2011, 06:35
It's a good and humane thing. Whatever your views on illegal immigration, preserving human life is worth the effort.

tacofranklin
01-05-2011, 07:27
Not to say that I am inhumane, but I think all this crap should be removed. It is like SCUBA, you know there is a risk involved, you accept that risk based on your training or what equipment you have. Overall the ones who try to cross know the risk, and are responsible for their own actions.
If you are going to cross over illegally, bring water for crossing the desert, learn to swim, or go to scubatoys and buy a BCD/BPW.

...maybe the US should start handing out liability releases

TJDiver
01-05-2011, 08:58
Not to say that I am inhumane, but I think all this crap should be removed. It is like SCUBA, you know there is a risk involved, you accept that risk based on your training or what equipment you have. Overall the ones who try to cross know the risk, and are responsible for their own actions.
If you are going to cross over illegally, bring water for crossing the desert, learn to swim, or go to scubatoys and buy a BCD/BPW.

...maybe the US should start handing out liability releases

Agreed! We seem to have landed at some insane notion in this country that we are responsible for everyone, regardless of how stupid their actions. I truly feel for anyone just trying to improve their lot in life, but agree with Splitlip...what next?...rest stops and information booths on how to get started with the government entitlements? This stuff is getting crazy. :smiley13:

Lulubelle
01-05-2011, 09:28
I'm usually a softie when it comes to human life. However, when people do stupid and illegal things, I don't think we the taxpayers should shoulder the burden of their stupidity and illegal behavior as they try to cross our borders.

I will say that the NC economy would likely collapse without guest workers and illegals, most of whom pay taxes. If they do have an emergent medical issue while on US soil and paying taxes, I do think it should be tended to.

Davetowz
01-05-2011, 19:34
I think they should ball up and fix the issues in their own country instead of running from the problems. If the qty of those who have left ever developed spine, the corruption would not stand a chance.
I got a part in today that said made in Mexico. I thought all the Mexicans that worked where over here?
inhumane to not provide water... really. I am Army and I have to buy my own bottled water. Nuff said.

tacofranklin
01-05-2011, 19:37
¿que?

SEMO Scuba
01-05-2011, 19:59
Just wait until there is a lawsuit because the buoys did not provide adequate flotation for a swimmer that drowned. I agree with tacofranklin. Why should we provide safer ways for someone to enter our country ILLEGALLY.

Flatliner
01-05-2011, 20:12
Mind Boggeling...