PDA

View Full Version : now this is some funny you tube worthy stuff,

bigman241
01-05-2011, 02:40
I watch tosh.o all the time, he makes fun of internet videos, like the guy who runs into the glass door, he hits him self in the nuts with a skateboard.

I wondered why I never get to see any of this funny stuff in real life. Well no more, I saw this the other day and wished I took my camera, lol

I was snorkeling in pennikamp off key largo, on the beach with the ship wreck
While I sat there floating looking at the cannon, a boat(cabin cruiser type) comes in close with some good looking girls on board, so I opted to hang around :smiley31:

As they dropped the anchor I noticed a issue the wind was blowing hard and the dropped the front anchor only with the wind to the back on the boat :smiley21:, so after a good drift toward the tree away from the beach, they figured it all out, well enough to give me a good laugh.

They turn around get going into the wind and drop anchor as they move, as soon as it hits bottom the guy reverses it, (god never thought I would here a boat sound like that) and back up, I am guessing trying to stick said anchor in the sand, :smilie39:. Well that's not working what do we do the guy said(I guess someone had a light bulb come on over there head then quickly short out). One of the would be snorkelers jump in the water with said motor STILL RUNNING :smiley21:, yes he went in from the back.

He swims over to the anchor now a good 20 feet off the boat, and begins his fight with it:smiley36:. First I notice the 6 foot tall boy pushing the anchor down into the sand with his legs and thighs sticking straight out of the water. He comes up says " there is only a few inchs of mud(sand) then rocks(COREL) and it will not hold." He then tells the would be captain, he needs some scuba gear to get it in the rocks (coral). :smilie39::smilie39::smiley36:. The other snorkeler getting ready to go in, says "don't you need a liceanse to scuba dive" WHAT WE NEED A CERTIFICATION(license) TO DIVE?? When did that happen, the other snorkeler said why would I need that.

My first thought was, there trashing the coral!!!!
Second thought is why would someone need scuba gear in 6 feet of water for the project at hand.
My third thought was should I offer to get my gear and do the job for them for 50 bucks.

When they came in the beach to look at the shipwreck, the guy asked where they should look for sunken treasure, :smiley36: I honestly thought about telling him " ohh most of it is under the cannons, but I think he would have tried to lift one up to get to it.

bigman241
01-05-2011, 02:41
ohh I now think we need a IQ test before doing a scuba cert and renting a boat

TJDiver
01-05-2011, 09:08
ohh I now think we need a IQ test before doing a scuba cert and renting a boat

Yeah, I've thought the same about driving for a long time now...and, that thought is reinforced every day during my work commute. :smiley13: But yeah...wish I had been with you to observe that one.

Hey, here's another boat related youtube moment. The folks across the lake cove from us had a boat sink at their dock a couple years back. The front of the boat was out of the water, but the entire aft section was submerged...with no portion of it breaking the surface. I sat out on our deck and watched in amazement as they returned to the dock, plugged a sump pump into an extension cord, dropped the pump into the boat, and turned it on. They were essentially pumping water from the lake...into the lake. I thought I was gonna bust a gut before they finally figure the folly of their efforts. :smilie39:

Oh yeah...forgot to mention that they finally stuffed some floatation devices under the rear of the boat and inflated them to get the rear of the boat to break surface so they could actually pump water OUT of the boat...rather than attempting to drain the lake. :smiley36:

scubajane
01-05-2011, 19:03
ahh the dumb are still procreating

bigman241
01-05-2011, 19:35
now thats funny, I have seen many a stupied things when boating, the best besides this was when I watched someone try to bare foot ski with no rail, just holding onto a ski rope.

and for scubajane maybe we need an IQ test before someone has kids
Yeah, I've thought the same about driving for a long time now...and, that thought is reinforced every day during my work commute. :smiley13: But yeah...wish I had been with you to observe that one.

Hey, here's another boat related youtube moment. The folks across the lake cove from us had a boat sink at their dock a couple years back. The front of the boat was out of the water, but the entire aft section was submerged...with no portion of it breaking the surface. I sat out on our deck and watched in amazement as they returned to the dock, plugged a sump pump into an extension cord, dropped the pump into the boat, and turned it on. They were essentially pumping water from the lake...into the lake. I thought I was gonna bust a gut before they finally figure the folly of their efforts. :smilie39:

Oh yeah...forgot to mention that they finally stuffed some floatation devices under the rear of the boat and inflated them to get the rear of the boat to break surface so they could actually pump water OUT of the boat...rather than attempting to drain the lake. :smiley36:

Davetowz
01-05-2011, 19:41
Some of the best humor can be found on a boat ramp the first warm weekend of the spring. Bring a 12 pack and a camera.

bigman241
01-05-2011, 22:51
yeap, one year we watched a guy with a brand new seadoo drop it in and go park. Guess he figured the waves would not toss it on the ramp. Then as it sit there half on the ramp half in the water, he started her up and RODE it off the ramp, leaving a yellow line of fun jokes on the ramp
Another time we watched a guy drive his pontoon out without lifting the near near merc 90 horse motor, I ended up driving home getting a jack and jacking the boat up to get it unstuck, I guess during the wait for me to return he tried to back it up and unstick it, when we got done it had a nice crack down the lower unit.

On a serious note, my dad loaned a guy a jetski cause his did not work when he dropped it in. As they rode my dad splashed him with close drive bys a few times. Well the guy turned toward him and I guess got to close, he did not realize that letting off the gas would not stop it, and dam near broke my dad's leg
Some of the best humor can be found on a boat ramp the first warm weekend of the spring. Bring a 12 pack and a camera.

bigman241
01-05-2011, 22:52
of course I have made my mistakes
I bought a 84 astroglass one owner that was mint, not one scuff and the metalflake was still shinny, I took it in a dock wrong and took a good junk out of the size THE FIRST TIME I HAD IT OUT

scubajane
01-06-2011, 14:49
we all do dumb things but obviously we have lived to tell about it. we need to learn from others mistakes. it make no sense to make all of your own mistakes. it takes way too long. learn from others mistakes and laugh hard because they will be laughing at us when we make our next mistake!!!

bigman241
01-06-2011, 15:09
very true, we all make our mistakes, cry, whine, yell and get mad as heck, tell we laugh about it months later.
we all do dumb things but obviously we have lived to tell about it. we need to learn from others mistakes. it make no sense to make all of your own mistakes. it takes way too long. learn from others mistakes and laugh hard because they will be laughing at us when we make our next mistake!!!

baywatch106
01-06-2011, 16:10
Putting your boat in the lake and forgetting to put in the drain plug.

Davetowz
01-06-2011, 18:32
I use to carry a spare drain plug when I would go fishing with a buddy, and every once in a while shortly after leaving the dock I would toss it on the floor of the boat. Well, I thought it was funny watching him jump in to install the plug when he noticed one rolling around in the boat.....

TJDiver
01-07-2011, 00:36
I use to carry a spare drain plug when I would go fishing with a buddy, and every once in a while shortly after leaving the dock I would toss it on the floor of the boat. Well, I thought it was funny watching him jump in to install the plug when he noticed one rolling around in the boat.....

That's just mean...I like it! Think I'll try that one on the missus when we launch our boat next spring...launch the boat...get going down the lake...and then drop the plug like it fell outta my pocket. I can hardly wait! Thanks! :smiley36:

bfmorgan
01-07-2011, 09:03
That's just mean...I like it! Think I'll try that one on the missus when we launch our boat next spring...launch the boat...get going down the lake...and then drop the plug like it fell outta my pocket. I can hardly wait! Thanks! :smiley36:
Based on experience, I would suggest doing this to your buddies, not your wife.....you will pay sooner or later!:smiley11:

TJDiver
01-07-2011, 10:20
Based on experience, I would suggest doing this to your buddies, not your wife.....you will pay sooner or later!:smiley11:

It's ok...I like living on the edge every now and then. :smiley36:

bigman241
01-07-2011, 15:08
we carried two extras at one time. We had a boat that tended to loose them, it took the cheap ones with a screaw that expanded the plug, they had a tendency to come out. One day we lost two and and not had a third, the second time we noticed what coming in, my dad just planed out the boat and it ran out. He drove over to the dock, dropped me off, while I backed the trailer down he ran it around as not to sink it. by the time we got it out of the water it was getting rather full. The second week he intalled 2 bulge pumps made for the big boats. In the end he got a buddy of his to fix a tube in the haul to use one that screwed in to a hole and the issue was fixed.

I just thought of another one, I saw a guy with a jetski not running on the dock, since we owned a pwc shop I offered to help, I asked him what happen and he said it would do nothing when he hit the start button. Took me 30 seconds to notice he did not have his safety cord plug in

scubajane
01-07-2011, 15:21
we did that!!! rented a boat and could not get it to start when we were in the middle of the lake... got a tow in and someone showed us the kill switch... it was killed. and we were laughed at.... we deserved it!!!