PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden Errors

Straegen
01-06-2011, 09:11
I am getting this error all the time when I edit:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /editpost.php on this server.

I get another Forbidden error from time to time when I post a reply. I have started copying my replies into my clipboard now since I seem to loose one out of every ten to this error. I also get it frequently when I PM. All with different php files. The PM/Reply comes and goes. The Edit seems to always occur.

TJDiver
01-06-2011, 10:46
I've had some "forbidden" errors in my past, but none of them had anything to do with computers. :smiley36:

Sorry...couldn't resist. I've had issues trying to upload avatar images, but that was resolved. I've not encountered the error you're getting.

Vercingetorix
01-06-2011, 13:13
The error you're getting is related to one or more words in your post which are caught by the filter. I get that error with some words. For instance, it just occured with "d0minatrix" in another thread.

If the offending word is spelled with an "o" (oh) instead of 0 (zero), I get the error. Go ahead and try it yourself.

Straegen
01-06-2011, 15:08
It also seems to happen after pasting more than four URLs into a message. It should come back with a warning/error highlighting what is wrong and not a forbidden access error loosing any entries/changes made.

navyhmc
01-06-2011, 16:13
You have spoken of that which is forbidden???

OH no! Never speak of the forbidden. You're lucky they haven't found you...

Straegen????

Straegen????

We who remain must never talk of that again!

Defman
01-06-2011, 17:01
I am getting this error all the time when I edit:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /editpost.php on this server.

Well then don't do that, problem solved. You're welcome.

alpha
01-06-2011, 20:31
"It also seems to happen after pasting more than four URLs into a message.".................................................. ................................................ It probably "thought" the four of them were emulating in 69 positions...:smiley36:

The computer program seems to block all forms of :::SXX or is it XXX...Quite Forbidden...Drugs/ Spam/Advertisements/etc. etc. too...:smiley2:

P.S...usually able to go back & retrieve page...But...I have lost some material to the Forbidden also...