PDA

View Full Version : spokeo.com

Noob
01-08-2011, 17:13
There's a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home value, income, age. Remove yourself by searching your name, find the URL of your page, then go to the bottom right corner of the page and click on the Privacy button to remove yourself. Copy & re-post so your FB friends are aware!

I found myself on there. People can find your exact house. I removed myself. I also used a junk email I made just for this.

Lulubelle
01-08-2011, 17:31
There's a site called spokeo.com that's a new online USA phone book w/personal information: everything from pics you've posted on FB or web, your approx credit score, home value, income, age. Remove yourself by searching your name, find the URL of your page, then go to the bottom right corner of the page and click on the Privacy button to remove yourself. Copy & re-post so your FB friends are aware!

I found myself on there. People can find your exact house. I removed myself. I also used a junk email I made just for this.

Problem is, the source data is everywhere, so removing it from here won't really help. Mine is so completely wrong it isn't even funny, so I left it there. Apparently I am married to my brother. I mean, that happens in the South sometimes, but I can assure you that my brother doesn't live here.

FishFood
01-08-2011, 17:53
It over estimated my wealth... It's stayin ;)

snagel
01-08-2011, 19:22
Kinda scary. I wonder what pics and such they have on me...I'm not signing up to see.

Snagel

Flatliner
01-08-2011, 22:46
Mine has me as a poor guy, It also shows me at an additional address I left nearly 20 years ago.

diversteve
01-08-2011, 23:40
Try googling yourself sometime...

PlatypusMan
01-08-2011, 23:56
It shows me as a wealthy DM.

They come a-runnin' just as fast as they can-

'cause every girl's crazy for a NAUI DM!

PPM

Diver Kat
01-09-2011, 00:00
Thanks for the info Noob! I deleted the 2 that had the correct address (although the picture of my home was way old!) Didn't like that on one of them they have my daughter's full name listed. I did leave the one that has me listed by my old company address .... apparently I'm doing quite well ..... here's the info on my 'home' - 2,551,657 sq ft Lot Size, 438,549 sq ft, 4 Floors :smiley36:

Oh - as for Google - I don't exist. Seems almost sad! :smiley13: