PDA

View Full Version : Great new show:::THE CAPE

alpha
01-09-2011, 20:35
If you like spiderman/batman/etc.

Great new episode 36 minutes into it now on tv...watch the replay of 1st episode

Going back to watching it...NOW...:smiley20:

Typing fast...shoe = SHOW

Bigg_Budd
01-09-2011, 20:36
that's a great shoe. :smiley2:

alpha
01-09-2011, 20:45
:smilie39:Agree....:smilie39:

Straegen
01-09-2011, 20:53
Little early to call a mid season pick up great IMO. Hope it pans out though... unhappy about some of the other cancellations like SGU though.

alpha
01-09-2011, 21:03
it's on for 2 hours....still 50 minutes left....GREAT NEW SHOW...Always call em quick...if I like em.

scubadiver888
01-09-2011, 21:05
I'm watching it right now and find it a little campy and melodramatic.

SlvrDragon50
01-09-2011, 23:39
Little early to call a mid season pick up great IMO. Hope it pans out though... unhappy about some of the other cancellations like SGU though.
SGU cancellation made me so so so sad :( Hopefully they finish off the season correctly unlike FlashForward.. that was a HORRIBLE cliffhanger.

I was thinking about downloading The Cape but I think I'll see what other people have to say first.

brojack17
01-10-2011, 08:36
I want to watch it but I see it as a show that will not get picked up like Jericho or will end up sucking like Heroes. I'll probably still watch it.

Straegen
01-10-2011, 10:01
Acting OK, writing poor and lazy. Show won't last IMO. Should have gone with the Darkman approach and not had as many conveniences in the plot. Also completely missed out on the best part of a hero which is the origin story. They went with a montage rather dedicating a couple solid episodes to it. A series should always worry when River Tam (Summer Glau) is involved no matter how good she is in the series.

Reminds me of... Knight Rider but not as good as Street Hawk :0). The cheese is thick with this one.

Hope for Walking Dead season two and Falling Skies. Terra Nova for an outside chance and hopes that one day we will see a Star Wars live action series.

emclean
01-11-2011, 06:54
Also completely missed out on the best part of a hero which is the origin story. They went with a montage rather dedicating a couple solid episodes to it.
whats wrong with him going from good cop to masked crimefighter in a couple of days? just because he is changing his tools, techniques, shift, and tactical environment?

still there are a lot of wprce shows on these days.

Straegen
01-11-2011, 11:36
There worse shows but the publics TV tastes are shifting to serialized shows rather than episodic ones. HBO, AMC, etc shows pretty much live by story arcs which has proven to be a big hit lately. Also when it comes to comic book-esk shows poor writing is a killer. The audience for comic book series shows is often adults who want good coherent (as in not Heroes) shows. Shows built around the old 80s model just don't seem to work anymore. The only hope this show has is if its production costs are tiny and it can survive Friday nights.

There are some good ideas in the premise and I can see why the pitch went well but they should have hired a better writing staff.

Straegen
03-15-2011, 16:33
Catching up on my where are they know TV shows... this one bombed with the finale being pulled and shown only online. Not even a Friday night move.

scubastud
05-14-2011, 13:04
Does the hero get the girl? Unlike oh say for example Spidey...?