PDA

View Full Version : Merge Thread Killer, Pointless Thread, Random Thought Generator

Vercingetorix
01-17-2011, 06:42
There are now three threads with similar content: Thread Killer, Pointless Thread, Random Thought Generator. Should we merge the three threads into one?

Explain your vote. Defend yourself. Defend why you would even consider answering the way you did. Why would anybody vote as you did? What were you thinking?

You wanna vote that way? Fine. Defend your position. Oh!...No waffles for you!

scubastud
01-17-2011, 06:49
I voted this way cause it's a free country. I'll do what I want.
I don't care anymore... Patriots lost.

Aquatrax
01-17-2011, 07:36
the new name , The Pointless Random Thread Killer

Aquatrax
01-17-2011, 07:39
Then merge the Happy and Pissed threads and and call it the "Manic Depressive Postapalooza"

chinacat46
01-17-2011, 07:45
What would be the point? Would you do it randomly or just kill two of the threads?

Lulubelle
01-17-2011, 07:57
Touch my happy thread and I'll slam dunk you with one of my round kicks.

I voted to keep them separate.

The pointless thread is pointless.
The thread killer thread is about endless jabbering
The random thought generator is a place to capture that bizarre stuff that comes from nowhere for no reason

Very discrete and important, threads imho.

bigman241
01-17-2011, 08:15
There are now three threads with similar content: Thread Killer, Pointless Thread, Random Thought Generator. Should we merge the three threads into one?

Explain your vote. Defend yourself. Defend why you would even consider answering the way you did. Why would anybody vote as you did? What were you thinking?

You wanna vote that way? Fine. Defend your position. Oh!...No waffles for you!

I voted to leave them because it would take to much of your time to hit the merge button, because all of us are trying to hit 1 million post by the end of business day monday the 17th lol. I think someone would vote the way I did because they want a post count, I am at 2500+ so I could careless about that part of it. Just takes the fun out of replying to all the pointless thread killing threads with random thoughts.

PS I do not want any waffles their bad for you, as they contain to much starch, sugar, and syrup.

bigman241
01-17-2011, 08:16
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smiley29::smiley36: :smiley2::smiley13::smiley19::smiley20:
Then merge the Happy and Pissed threads and and call it the "Manic Depressive Postapalooza"

DevilDiver
01-17-2011, 08:23
I hate all of those threads......

divingmedic
01-17-2011, 09:22
If you merge those threads, then you effectivly kill my thread killer thread. Don't Kill My Thread Bro!

scubagirlj
01-17-2011, 09:34
save the threads!

bennerman
01-17-2011, 09:51

Davetowz
01-17-2011, 10:10
I was torn at first. Merge them said one side of my head and reduce the useless drivel down to one thread. Then my other 1/2 of cranium says that one thread could never hope to contain all the useless drivel that will occur when divers are essentially in the off season and have no easy way to get narced. DD- I also prefer threads that are directly dive related and have info that I can learn from or give me the chance to share what someone has helped me learn or share the mistakes I have made in the hope that someone else won't. But I like the BS threads because they do give a place to vent to a fine group of like minded individuals who would almost all rather be underwater.Even if it is in the Tub!!

bennerman
01-17-2011, 10:24
Should I really have to second it when it was my idea? :P

navyhmc
01-17-2011, 11:35
I was originally for the merger, but the more I think about it, the Thread Killer Thread has a history going and it would not be fair to merge the new threads into it as TKT has it's own flavor so to speak. Pointless and Random threads are much newer so I would say merge those and make it a Random Pointless thread.

Rileybri
01-17-2011, 11:38
this is pointless and this thread should be killed.

bennerman
01-17-2011, 11:49
this is pointless and this thread should be killed.

well that was random

Lulubelle
01-17-2011, 12:58
I was torn at first. Merge them said one side of my head and reduce the useless drivel down to one thread. Then my other 1/2 of cranium says that one thread could never hope to contain all the useless drivel that will occur when divers are essentially in the off season and have no easy way to get narced. DD- I also prefer threads that are directly dive related and have info that I can learn from or give me the chance to share what someone has helped me learn or share the mistakes I have made in the hope that someone else won't. But I like the BS threads because they do give a place to vent to a fine group of like minded individuals who would almost all rather be underwater.Even if it is in the Tub!!

I'd have to agree.

Diving information is very valuable to me, but when I think about the people I have connected to here, with whom I have made dive plans, it has largely been in threads which were not about diving. Surface intervals are long, especially here in NC. Knowing a bit about a person's personality, opinions, character, etc can really help determine compatibility as dive buddies.

But then again there is always the poll method which seems to have worked nicely for me.

Bert
01-17-2011, 13:17
well that was random

but did not kill this thread

PlatypusMan
01-17-2011, 13:26
Kill Them! Kill them ALL, I say!!

tacofranklin
01-17-2011, 13:30
Touch my happy thread and I'll slam dunk you with one of my round kicks.

I voted to keep them separate.

The pointless thread is pointless.
The thread killer thread is about endless jabbering
The random thought generator is a place to capture that bizarre stuff that comes from nowhere for no reason

Very discrete and important, threads imho.

I second this opinion

Pandora
01-17-2011, 13:32
Merge! Merge!

bennerman
01-17-2011, 13:35
but did not kill this thread

so what was the point?

Bert
01-17-2011, 13:38
no point just an observation

bigman241
01-17-2011, 14:09
I aree thread killer is on a roll of hitting 10k, merge the other two and leave it.
I was originally for the merger, but the more I think about it, the Thread Killer Thread has a history going and it would not be fair to merge the new threads into it as TKT has it's own flavor so to speak. Pointless and Random threads are much newer so I would say merge those and make it a Random Pointless thread.

bigman241
01-17-2011, 14:10
I disagree, off season, I am snorkeling 3 times a week and just did our first dive here in florida. we have tornado watches and warnings, rain and it is still nicer then those north of florida

divingmedic
01-17-2011, 16:02
so what was the point?

That belongs in the pointless thread.

divingmedic
01-17-2011, 16:03
no point just an observation

That was kinda pointless, which makes it belong in the pointless thread.

TwistedSister209
01-17-2011, 17:06
While I voted to merge, I don't want Thread Killer Thread killed.
Random Thought Thread is just too much fun. Weenis that I am. :smilie39:
But then the poll would be pointless.

May I have another Scotch now? (That will make Zumba class sooo much more fun with all the stuck-up holy rollers who would look down their noses at me but I'm much taller.)

bennerman
01-17-2011, 17:15
I want to change my vote to don't merge, I like them all seperate to be honest

Diver Kat
01-17-2011, 17:18
I voted to not merge .... but if you do merge, Thread Killer was first and should be the one to remain.

ps .... already had my waffles today!:yumyum:

CajnRedneck
01-17-2011, 17:40
In my opinion whether they merge or not, the content stays the same, if it is pointless, random, or killer, we all enjoy reading it and posting to it. Its a matter of 3 places versus 1 place to post.

Pandora
01-17-2011, 18:31
if everyone wants to keep the threads, kill the post counts on those types of threads.

If you merge them someone has to monitor all new pointless threads and continue to merge them? It is a never ending battle.

divingmedic
01-17-2011, 18:38
if everyone wants to keep the threads, kill the post counts on those types of threads.

If you merge them someone has to monitor all new pointless threads and continue to merge them? It is a never ending battle.

Leave it to you to make that assessment.:smiley2:

Rileybri
01-17-2011, 19:33
Leave it to you to make that assessment.:smiley2:

If the box fits.........

SEMO Scuba
01-17-2011, 19:44
Give them life....all of them. I voted to leave them all alone. If you really want them to end have one of the mods lock the thread. Merge, merge, merge, you say. Never!

FFDiver
01-17-2011, 20:06
Well, eating waffles as reading on here led me to the decision...dont mess with a good thing, leave em alone!! They will lose their identity if merged and we will all lose a part of ourselves in the vacuum created by the missing threads.

scubajane
01-18-2011, 19:20
well I have been waffleing on this subject....and I must have failed spelling class. I cant seem to find the correct spelling of waffle ing I'm sure it is a word...then what is the point of correct spelling. I'm not getting a grade for it and I won't get a bonus for spelling correctly.... life is so random..... a merge is over-rated!! although I don;t think any of this will kill the High Princess of thread Killers!!

navyhmc
01-18-2011, 19:59
I'm pretty sure it Waffling Jane.... But what do I know? I'm into pancakes now. Mmmmmm Paaancakes. German Pancakes are great!!!!

Diver Kat
01-18-2011, 23:20
I'm pretty sure it Waffling Jane.... But what do I know? I'm into pancakes now. Mmmmmm Paaancakes. German Pancakes are great!!!!

Pancaking just doesn't have the right ring to it ..... besides, the syrup just runs off the pancakes! Waffles are SOOOOO much better!! :smiley36:
(and you are correct .... it is waffling .....)

Vercingetorix
01-22-2011, 15:32
It appears, that by a huge margin, the will of the people is that the threads remain distinct. If nothing else, I am a man of the people.

Your humble servant,

Vercingetorix