PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow this smells GOOD!

Lulubelle
01-23-2011, 08:29
Herb-Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe : Ina Garten : Food Network (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/herb-roasted-turkey-breast-recipe/index.html)

Can't wait to eat it.

Diver Kat
01-23-2011, 12:20
That would go perfectly with the whole grain bread the DH is currently baking ..... the smell is SOOOOO good!!:smiley1:

John Yaskowich
01-23-2011, 19:36
And I will add some Kale mashed potatoes:
preheat oven to 350f
- 2 lb potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
bring to the boil in salted water and cook until done (~20 min)
- 2 cups diced onions (or leeks)
fry in 3Tbsp melted butter unti soft
- 1 bunch kale
clean and stem, then cook in 2 litres boiling water for about 5 min. Drain and finely chop
- 1.5 -2 cups mix of light cream and milk
coarsely mash potatoes with the cream, then add onions and kale. Mix well then put in baking dish. Top with 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese.
bake at 350 until cheese is melted and top is lightly browned (~20 min)

makes 6-8 servings

TwistedSister209
01-23-2011, 19:41
The menu sounds delicious! Will try the herb roast with chicken!
And will be trying those kale potatoes!
Whole grain bread is awesome!
Be sure to give the cook a little wine too! That's why I always loved Julia Child's recipes!

reefrunner
01-23-2011, 20:30
Dammm I just finished eatn and now im hungry againe lolll

tacofranklin
01-23-2011, 20:39
Nom nom nom! yall are making me hungry

Lulubelle
01-23-2011, 21:22
Scary thing is, I didn't even get to eat the turkey for dinner, it was just a practice run and meant to be my protein for a few days.

Homemade pizzocheri and homemade focaccia for dinner. And wine. And veggies. Heaven.

Diver Kat
01-23-2011, 23:22
Well we did citrus adobo fajitas with poblanos, peppers and onions for dinner. (Can't go wrong with fajitas & football!) Just finished slicing the bread, so the DH has it ready for lunches this week! Although focaccia sounds pretty darn good! Haven't made that in years .... might have to make a batch now that Lulu put it into my head!