PDA

View Full Version : How about those Packers

davepoff
01-23-2011, 19:50
Well the Packers are on their way to the Super Bowl. And in alittle bit we will probably see the Steelers meeting them in Dallas.

scubagirlj
01-23-2011, 19:51
packrman is on cloud 9!heard from him before he left port

davepoff
01-23-2011, 19:54
So how much is Cutler going to get dogged for "sitting" on the sideline?

jet126
01-23-2011, 21:02
The Packers did not win - the Bears lost that game. They didn't even show up until the 4th quarter. An if Cutler isn't short of a cast by tomorrow he will be the new Steve Bartman of Chicago sports.

DMWiz
01-23-2011, 21:23
It's going to be one of the best SB's in years.The Steeler Nation and Cheese Heads. Quite possible the 2 teams with the best fans. Too bad it's not down here in FL!

Vercingetorix
01-24-2011, 07:04
Was there a game on yesterday? Sorry. Didn't notice. Cowboys weren't playing.

Man #1: The Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl !!!!!!

Man # 2: By driving to Arlington and paying like everybody else

Diver Kat
01-24-2011, 08:26
Was there a game on yesterday? Sorry. Didn't notice. Cowboys weren't playing.

Man #1: The Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl !!!!!!

Man # 2: By driving to Arlington and paying like everybody else

:smilie39: :smilie39: :smilie39:

scubastud
01-26-2011, 18:42
I like sports and I don't care who knows.

YouTube - We Like Sportz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEVdca9U9LM&feature=related)

scubajane
01-26-2011, 20:29
congrats to the packers!!!!

Go Steelers!!!

navyhmc
01-27-2011, 02:20
I just heard though...this may be the first Super Bowl in histroy without cheeleaders. Seems that unless one or both of the teams make a hastily assembled squad, there won't be cheerleaders. The Packers and Steelers are 2 of the 6 temas that don't have them. The others are: NY Giants, Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions and Da Bears!

Vercingetorix
01-27-2011, 06:44
well, the local Cowboys Cheerleaders have nothing better to do on 6 February.

//side note: the one Cowboy game I ever went to (in 1979), I spent more time with binoculars focused on the Cheerleaders than on the field, where the Eagles were smacking the heck out of the Cowboys.

buddha0724
01-27-2011, 07:23
The Packers do actually have cheerleaders. Just not the type or squad everyone thinks of when they hear the term "NFL Cheerleader".

UW - Green Bay and St. Norbets College cheer squads are both the unofficial Packer cheerleaders. They go to every home game and are on the sidelines, but do not travel with the team for road games. I know there was news stories done on how dissappointed the squads were that they were not invited to go to the super bowl.

Lake Michijim
01-27-2011, 07:50
Yes the Packers do have cheerleaders. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz.................... I'm a Packer fan of course and I am looking forward to the game. To me this is an unusual Superbowl as I think the teams are pretty well matched. They even have a simular fan base. I hear that the Steeler fans travel like the Packers fans do. I remember watching the Packer/Tampa Bay games in Tampa and there was more Green Bay fans then Buccaneer fans. Ha. Of course I'm rooting for the Packers, but I like both teams this time. I'm looking forward to a hard fought close game!

Jim

navyhmc
01-27-2011, 10:34
And on a side note: Since Packrman was diving during the Packer win over Chicago, we have decided that he needs to take one for the team and dive during the Super Bowl. :smiley36:

That's the "Good news". The Bad News is that since he'll be back in Tulsa by then he needs to find a body of water there to dive. :smilie39:

And thanks for being a good sport about it Fred. :smiley36:

scubagirlj
01-27-2011, 13:31
we made sure that fred watched the game-don't be silly navy, we had our priorities straight!

scubajane
01-27-2011, 18:13
Yes the Packers do have cheerleaders. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz.................... I'm a Packer fan of course and I am looking forward to the game. To me this is an unusual Superbowl as I think the teams are pretty well matched. They even have a simular fan base. I hear that the Steeler fans travel like the Packers fans do. I remember watching the Packer/Tampa Bay games in Tampa and there was more Green Bay fans then Buccaneer fans. Ha. Of course I'm rooting for the Packers, but I like both teams this time. I'm looking forward to a hard fought close game!

Jim

we do have quite a large fan base and we do travel. I got to go to the Superbowl XL in Detroit, black and gold was everywhere!! It seemed like about 80% of the crowd was Steeler nation. there are steeler bars in every major us city, so I've been told.

navyhmc
01-27-2011, 20:09
we made sure that fred watched the game-don't be silly navy, we had our priorities straight!

That's good to know. I was worried when an earlier post had him diving during the game. :smiley36:

I then formally retract my "he must dive" edict. :smilie39: