PDA

View Full Version : watching a shuttle launch

bigman241
01-23-2011, 21:34
Has anyone bought and watched a space shuttle go off? I want to get tickets for either the april or june launch. Heck maybe both, I know they sale quick, any ideas when the tickets go on sale?

Rileybri
01-23-2011, 21:36
I have never purchased a space shuttle per se but I am told for a price they are for sale now. That said your best bet is to contact you state rep (even your former state rep and ask for tix. I am not aware you can buy them?

bigman241
01-23-2011, 22:38
ya you can, they was easy to get back in the day. It is just an entry fee to the center, the issue now is with the increase in demand due to the shuttle retiring sometime this year(god only knows) or when they decide they want them to stop going up. As they just extended it.

When we came down in march they were going to launch one. The issue is when the tickets go on sale they sell out in hours. ALot of resorts and vaction companies buy them for 40 or so bucks and resale them for over 100.
After the post I did find out they go on sale 6 to 8 weeks before the launch. from what I have read you can to call KSC and order from them, or find one of the scalpers and pay a premium.

I have never purchased a space shuttle per se but I am told for a price they are for sale now. That said your best bet is to contact you state rep (even your former state rep and ask for tix. I am not aware you can buy them?

brojack17
01-24-2011, 08:04
There's plenty of spaces to watch them for free. Just pull over beside the road. There will be plenty of people there. Get there early.