PDA

View Full Version : lobstering with pots

bigman241
01-23-2011, 22:45
We looked at a town house today, little bigger and nicer then the place we got now.

We rented the place over the phone without looking at it. The owners were alittle more then over rating things. The nearly new appliances are old and hardly working, one of the toilets sit 4 inchs from a wall and you must sit sideways on it. Hardly fitting for a guy my size.

The owner of the town house is a big fisherman and I got talking about a boat we are looking at, and got talking fishing. He told me that with the florida salt water license a fisherman and have 5 pots per fisherman.

I was alittle confused as to he talked about crab and lobster. Can a person have 5 pots with just the fishing license(non commercial) license and is the limit still 6 lobster per person?

Vercingetorix
01-24-2011, 07:18
Biggie,

You won't need no danged lobster pots. You're going to lobster the way God intended...diving down and getting the little buggers where they live. Leave the pots for the whuffos. :)

bigman241
01-24-2011, 09:02
lol, after doing some research I like the idea more for the stone crabs then lobsters. I watched a guy pay 85 bucks for 3 1/2 pounds of stone crab claws
Biggie,

You won't need no danged lobster pots. You're going to lobster the way God intended...diving down and getting the little buggers where they live. Leave the pots for the whuffos. :)

Vercingetorix
01-24-2011, 09:35
lol, after doing some research I like the idea more for the stone crabs then lobsters. I watched a guy pay 85 bucks for 3 1/2 pounds of stone crab claws

$85 bucks?!?!?! Whoa! I think you just found a new way to finance your diving obsession.

bigman241
01-24-2011, 13:31
YEAP big thing in my mind, the boat we are looking at, while not ideal fits for fishing, both rec and commercial, it could easily accommodate the thing to to haul in pots, I guess we will call it the deadliest Indiana hick with a boat show :smiley36:

I figure go out, check pots do a dive or two, fish go back in check pots go home drink a beer, sell catch repeat as directed by talking fish. :smiley36:
$85 bucks?!?!?! Whoa! I think you just found a new way to finance your diving obsession.

bigman241
01-24-2011, 13:32
ohh already thought of a name for our boat, Obsession Divers.

Splitlip
01-24-2011, 17:46
Are you thinking of getting a commercial license?

Better check the regs.

FWC - Commercial Saltwater Fishing Licenses (http://myfwc.com/License/Saltwater_Licenses_Commercial.htm)

bigman241
01-24-2011, 19:00
not at this point. Don't you need a captian license to fish commercially, more we all love crab, lobster, and fish, I would love some fresh stone crab but I ant paying 30 bucks a pound for it.
Are you thinking of getting a commercial license?

Better check the regs.

FWC - Commercial Saltwater Fishing Licenses (http://myfwc.com/License/Saltwater_Licenses_Commercial.htm)