PDA

View Full Version : Dive Training Magazine Subscription Idea

Vercingetorix
07-13-2007, 15:59
Joe, Larry,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Another idea for a freebie for posting to ScubaToys forums: offer a free one-year subscripton to Dive Training magazine when a poster posts 100 entries. I don't know wat costs are to scuba shops.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Or, can you offer discounted subscriptions to your students and customers?</DIV>

jacewindu
07-13-2007, 16:09
i'll just say thank for the subscription to 'scuba'
what a pleasant surprise to get in the mail!

frankc420
07-14-2007, 10:49
i'll just say thank for the subscription to 'scuba'
what a pleasant surprise to get in the mail!

Are you referring to the magazine that says, "Scuba Diving" on the front?

Queen
07-14-2007, 12:55
I'd love a subscription to Dive Training, excellent idea!! smileys/smiley20.gif

Vercingetorix
06-13-2008, 13:34
Would it be possible to get discounted subscriptions through ST?

CompuDude
06-13-2008, 13:51
Personally, I'm happy with the subscription to Scuba Diving Mag. Lots of pretty pictures. :)

Dive Training Mag is a fantastic mag that I read cover to cover each month, but every single LDS around here has stacks of them which are given away for free, so I don't really need a subscription to that.

longtailbda
06-13-2008, 15:23
Yea I can pick up dive training at my lds. There are plenty of magazines to read about diving.
Unlike what you get here most magazines don't like to upset their advertisers so they tend to couch their criticims. Here nobody cares if they are going to offend a manufacturer so they tend to tell you what they think of their products and warrantees. You may have to take what they say with a grain of salt but a least you'll hear a variety of opinions.
I'm happy getting what I do from the forum as it is no subscriptions or anything else; but if it free....:smiley9:

Vercingetorix
06-15-2008, 07:47
I've had to pay for both Dive Training and Scuba Diving. CompuDude, are you getting SD free?

mitsuguy
06-15-2008, 08:08
When we signed up for our DM classes, my instructor signed us up for a free subscription to dive training...

scubasamurai
06-15-2008, 10:10
you can get the training mag at any lds for free. but being how lazy and how far the lds is from me and how much gas is costing , it was a steal to pay for the subscription. but honestly after it runs out and since i now work at an lds no point in paying for it!!! but it is a great mag for the goddess

jwdizney
06-15-2008, 14:37
already subscribe to Scuba Diving.. great mag!! some of you get free sub from ST??:smiley19:

Dive Training is a great mag too! we pick up old copies when we can find them at LDS, but would be great to have a subscription!.... i think it's a great idea, rick!:smiley20:

Darth Fishhead
06-15-2008, 15:30
I think it would be cool for ST to give us an option. I am sure that we get the Scuba Diving for free because of a sweet deal between the publisher and ST, but if something could be finagled...
Then, the major problem would be, which of the fine magazines would I choose?

Vercingetorix
06-15-2008, 15:48
Then, the major problem would be, which of the fine magazines would I choose?Why choose? Get BOTH:smiley36:

I'm a big fan of Dive Training because two of the ScubaDillos (Dave Prichard, Lily Mak) write 6 to 8 articles per year for it. They are down-to-earth folks and very knowledgeable. Wonderful photographers as well.

CompuDude
06-16-2008, 14:11
I've had to pay for both Dive Training and Scuba Diving. CompuDude, are you getting SD free?

Most local shops (if not all of them) have stacks of Dive Training mag that are free for the taking. Technically only for students and instructors (which I get as a DM), but generally the stack is just sitting there for anyone who wants one.

Scuba Diving mag, however, costs. ScubaToys gave me a free subscription, however, which is great. :)

Vercingetorix
06-16-2008, 15:01
My LDS is ScubaToys, and unfortunately, there are no stacks of Dive Training about.

What did you do to get the free Scuba Diving subscription? I've bought all my gear there and training (OW, AOW, Rescue, AED, First Aid, CPR).

CompuDude
06-16-2008, 15:32
My LDS is ScubaToys, and unfortunately, there are no stacks of Dive Training about.

What did you do to get the free Scuba Diving subscription? I've bought all my gear there and training (OW, AOW, Rescue, AED, First Aid, CPR).

Beats me, but I'm grateful!

There is a thread about it somewhere. At some point they gave free subscriptions to a number of participants.

cummings66
06-16-2008, 19:22
I got one of those subscriptions, just got my recent issue in fact but haven't had the time to read it yet. I'm not sure why I got it, but I did and it was a nice thought.

fisheater
06-20-2008, 14:08
Since I'm among friends, I'll confess.

I DON'T WANT a subscription to Dive Training. I need excuses to go into LDSs and just hang. Checking to see if there's a new Dive Training, is a great excuse.

Navy OnStar
06-20-2008, 14:32
I got one of those subscriptions, just got my recent issue in fact but haven't had the time to read it yet. I'm not sure why I got it, but I did and it was a nice thought.

I believe anyone who spent more than $50.00 online with ST got a subscription. (I could be wrong about the dollar amount but I know that's the reason).

Thanks Larry and Joe