PDA

View Full Version : Online Shopping Addiction

davepoff
02-01-2011, 23:18
I just wanted to know if anyone else out there is addicted to shopping online as much as I am. It is kinda the only way I am able to shop as the only main store here is the Largest Kmart in the world.

navyhmc
02-01-2011, 23:52
Addicted? No..Do I find it useful *Cough* Scuba Toys Cough* ? Sure!

davepoff
02-02-2011, 04:23
Addicted? No..Do I find it useful *Cough* Scuba Toys Cough* ? Sure!

True, they are one place that doesn't give a hassle for shipping to Guam. You won't believe how many places say sorry, don't ship to Guam even if they are using USPS which considers Guam "Domestic postage".

bfmorgan
02-02-2011, 06:15
I prefer online shopping with the companies that have online shopping, convenience, and service figured out. ScubaToys, Amazon come to mind. Ebay, Craigslist not my style of shopping.

Diver Kat
02-02-2011, 07:51
Yeah .... became addicted long before I found ST. Started when I worked long hours and never got out of the office to get things done. Then it kind of became a mission to find the lowest price with free/fast shipping if I was looking for something particular. Then morphed into beating the DH at finding a lower vacation prices ....

bfmorgan
02-02-2011, 08:11
Yeah .... became addicted long before I found ST. Started when I worked long hours and never got out of the office to get things done. Then it kind of became a mission to find the lowest price with free/fast shipping if I was looking for something particular. Then morphed into beating the DH at finding a lower vacation prices ....
Maybe you should start an internet based travel agency....I have a great travel agent that always finds a better deal than I can. She likes to travel. Her experience has been invaluable in making sure I have a good vacation.

Straegen
02-02-2011, 09:20
Yes. ST feeds that addiction by having a news feed of new and clearance items added to their site.

Noob
02-02-2011, 09:49
Thats about the only way I shop is online. I buy alot of fishing gear and parts online. Most of the reason is no one around here carries what I need.

I spend about 20 min shopping or less and the stuff shows up at my door. No walking around a crowded store, no standing and waiting in line for 45 min. IMO it saves me a ton of time.

jans
02-02-2011, 13:25
I started doing all my Christmas shopping on-line about 3 years ago. It was so easy that I now do almost all of my shopping from my desk at work. I can usually find anything I need with free shipping. I dont think it's an addiction, but it sure saves time.

davepoff
02-02-2011, 15:03
I started doing all my Christmas shopping on-line about 3 years ago. It was so easy that I now do almost all of my shopping from my desk at work. I can usually find anything I need with free shipping. I dont think it's an addiction, but it sure saves time.

Yes it saves time, and I am always hooked with free shipping but sometimes it would be nice to go to a store and actually put my hands on it before purchasing. Plus purchasing it right then and there gives the satifaction of having it immediately instead of waiting a few days or in my case a week or 2.

davepoff
02-02-2011, 15:07
Maybe you should start an internet based travel agency....I have a great travel agent that always finds a better deal than I can. She likes to travel. Her experience has been invaluable in making sure I have a good vacation.

A guy I worked with in Coronado tried to get me hooked up in becoming a "Be your own travel agent" with your own travel website thru YTB.