PDA

View Full Version : wichita weather

scubadiver888
02-09-2011, 07:15
Just watched our local weather forecast. To make us feel better they showed us the weather in Wichita, KS. Holy Shmoly!?!! Navy, you doing okay down there?

Up here it is just cold. It is actually so cold the snow is sublimating. Streets are frozen or dry enough I can walk to work in running shoes.

bfmorgan
02-09-2011, 08:46
Just watched our local weather forecast. To make us feel better they showed us the weather in Wichita, KS. Holy Shmoly!?!! Navy, you doing okay down there?

Up here it is just cold. It is actually so cold the snow is sublimating. Streets are frozen or dry enough I can walk to work in running shoes.
For those of us in the northern U.S. or sourthern Canada, we have had an easy winter so far. I hope it quits snowing and warms up to the south, so I can take a vacation to get away from the little snow that we have:smiley20:

flipcop
02-09-2011, 09:28
I just arrived in St Petersburg Florida last night. I drove from Bay City Michigan, it started snowing in Battle Creek and there was still snow in northern Georgia. Its about 55 and sunny this morning. Think im gonna go for a jog.

scubadiver888
02-09-2011, 09:37
Did someone flip the planet over? Pipes freezing in Texas, whiteout conditions in Kansas. Nice sunny day in Ontario with temperatures expected to go above freezing this weekend.

TwIsTeD
02-09-2011, 10:13
I've got about 6" in OKC and it's still falling.

navyhmc
02-09-2011, 10:23

Thanks for the thoughts 888! We're doing okay now. Last night was a biatch though!

Right now it's 8f with a -12f wind chill. At least the snow has stopped. A total of 12" at my house, our average snow fall is around 3"-5" 20 miles north they got 18" so we lucked out. At least it was a fairly dry snow so it was easy to shovel.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Navy1288/IMG_1093.jpg
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d48/Navy1288/IMG_1094.jpg

scubadiver888
02-09-2011, 11:33
That is some cold temps. Be careful of frostbite. I've accidentally rubbed my face on the walk to work only to realize it was frostbitten and I rubbed a layer of skin off. With those wind chills you are probably looking at 5 to 10 minutes for exposed skin to freeze.

TwistedSister209
02-09-2011, 11:37
Glad you're OK, Navy!

snagel
02-09-2011, 22:06
I'm about 5 hours east of Navy and feeling the same horror....massive snow amounts (for us) and single digit temps with negative wind chills. What happen to the globel warming thing.

To top it off, I'm suppose to go diving this weekend (eeek). Suppose to get in the mid 40's this weekend. It will feel like a heatwave.

Snagel

navyhmc
02-10-2011, 02:34
Holy frozen carp!!! What type of voodoo magic, hokus pokus, deal with the devil did you do up there 888? right now, you're at -14c (7f well 6.8f but you know how conversions go) We're currently -22c (-8f) here, so is Snagel. This is 3 degress below the past our record for today/tonight and the temp is still dropping!