PDA

View Full Version : question on a english paper on reefs

bigman241
02-13-2011, 16:34
I needed a topic for my enlish class, it will cover our Annotated Bibliography, which is basically about the paper and the sources in it. Then I will use the topic to write atleast 2 English papers, one is the argument the other is like a response the the other side, I think.

It did not take me long to come up with the idea to use the reefs, since it is a argument type paper I figure I will do the following.

write the paper on the implementation of protected areas, sanctuaries such as pennikemp and the Florida national marine sanctuary. "Basically show how these areas have allowed the protection of corals, sponges, sea grass, and marine life IE lobster Goliath grouper and the such to build back up to a thriving marine ecosystem.

Can anyone point me to some good online sources to make my argument, also no wiki and the such, they hate those sites.

One more who wants to proof it for me and make sure I covered everything and did a good shop before I turn them in. We do peer review before turning them in, but most class members put little time into the review :smiley20::smiley20:

bigman241
02-13-2011, 16:34
Think I will title it Take nothing leave only bubbles.

Smashee
02-13-2011, 16:48
Ever heard of Google Scholar or PubMed?

FoxHound
02-13-2011, 16:55
Think I will title it Take nothing leave only bubbles.

:smiley20:

Just remember to practice what you preach hehe

bigman241
02-13-2011, 20:08
:smiley20: I knew you would say that:smiley36:
:smiley20:

Just remember to practice what you preach hehe

cyclone3565
02-13-2011, 21:01
My wife and I have always lived and dived by the adage of Take only Pictures, Leave only bubbles. One area that you could elaborate on is how Mexico has basically turned an entire island into a National Park and how the entire community and for that matter world has respected that. Belize has done it as have the Cayman Islands. It works and if more countries would be willing to do that the world will be a much better place for generations to come.

bigman241
02-13-2011, 21:15
we snokeld one of the no take sanctuaries in caymen when I was ohh about 19 I think. It is what got dad to want to dive. A great place, we have said when we hit caymen we are going to dive that same spot even though it is a shallow beach
My wife and I have always lived and dived by the adage of Take only Pictures, Leave only bubbles. One area that you could elaborate on is how Mexico has basically turned an entire island into a National Park and how the entire community and for that matter world has respected that. Belize has done it as have the Cayman Islands. It works and if more countries would be willing to do that the world will be a much better place for generations to come.

Straegen
02-13-2011, 21:43
Wonder what the counter point to marine sanctuaries around reefs really is?

bigman241
02-13-2011, 22:13
not sure about that, guess fishing, coral harvesting, normal destructive stuff. I know it does not have to be balanced but have some of the "otherside". I guess one could argue the limited use by the people is to much to just to save the ocean.
Wonder what the counter point to marine sanctuaries around reefs really is?