PDA

View Full Version : The clock is ticking ST

brojack17
02-14-2011, 18:48
I just sent mine and the wifes regs off for service. I'm adding the Oceanic Veo 100 computer console to mine since my DataTrans Plus died. Let's see how quick they turn it around. Tick tock ScubaToys.

Davetowz
02-14-2011, 18:59
can't wait to see the turnaround time. The post is a pretty good way of getting your regs back quicker!! LOL

Smashee
02-14-2011, 19:21
Of course, pressuring the tech into doing a rush job is never a good idea. Me, I'd leave 'em alone to get on with it.

My policy back when I was a lab grunt was simple. Tell me when you need it once and once only. Each time you ask after that, it goes to the bottom of the pile. Ask enough, and it doesn't even make it into the pile. :smiley36:

brojack17
02-14-2011, 19:28
I know they will do an outstanding job and it will be done quickly. Everyone posts how well ST does after the fact. I thought I would clock the time from the beginning.

Davetowz, I don't expect anything they don't do on a daily basis. Outstanding service.

Smashee
02-14-2011, 19:42
Everyone posts how well ST does after the fact. I thought I would clock the time from the beginning.

In public. On their forum. So, no pressure then. :smiley36:

jbres1
02-14-2011, 20:29
I sent one of my regs off on Friday Feb 4, 2011 and it came back to me today (Monday Feg 14, 2011 ) 2 days on UPS each way.

Jim Breslin

Straegen
02-15-2011, 06:31
Last year it took six days round trip for two of my regs to be serviced in February. My ship times are pretty short usually a couple days.

fab50diver
02-15-2011, 06:47
I haven't had anything serviced there but shipping time is overnight for me. If I order before they close, I'll have it here the next day and that's with standard shipping.

scarlet&gray nut
02-15-2011, 11:56
I sent my in and had it back in 8 day that with a weekend in the middle.

stldiver1
02-15-2011, 12:07
And here I thought mine would be the only ones getting serviced. Sent in three sets yesterday, should be there tomorrow. Don't need em for another four weeks then it's off to Coz for a week.

fire diver
02-15-2011, 12:18
Do a thorough inspection of the regs when they return. Put them on a tank and make sure they are working correctly before taking them on your next trip. I sent my regs to ST one time, and never again. One of my 1st stages was not re-assembled correctly. I took it into a local shop to be re-assembled.

I trully love ST, and recommend there sales staff to everyone but you only get one chance to screw up my life support equipment.

Vercingetorix
02-15-2011, 12:22
I just sent my tank to Scubatoys for a viz inspection. Shipping was same-day and free. Return shipping is the same. Same for my reg service when I have those done in a month.

Then, again, I just drove the 20 minutes to get to the store.

Straegen
02-15-2011, 12:56
Do a thorough inspection of the regs when they return. Put them on a tank and make sure they are working correctly before taking them on your next trip. I sent my regs to ST one time, and never again. One of my 1st stages was not re-assembled correctly. I took it into a local shop to be re-assembled.

I trully love ST, and recommend there sales staff to everyone but you only get one chance to screw up my life support equipment.

I always think a pool dive after servicing is in order for our equipment. Did ST make it right?

fire diver
02-15-2011, 15:14
There wasn't time to mail it back. I had oxygen service cleaning done so it took a lot longer than normal. By the time they came back, I was getting ready to leave for a trip. They did offer to fix the problem at no cost, but there wasnt time. And frankly, the fact that one reg was falling apart didnt give me a lot of confidence to let them work on them again.

Straegen
02-15-2011, 17:38
Figured they would have offered a discount or some money back on the service given the circumstances. I suppose every shop is due a mess up from time to time. Although I can certainly see your point that reg servicing is one place where quality control is of the utmost importance.

stldiver1
02-18-2011, 11:51
Need to measure the time with a stopwatch. Received back today. Shipped on Monday, received at ST on Wednesday, serviced and shipped back the same day. Haven't checked them out yet but the turnaround time can't be beat. I can just imagine walking into my LDS and dropping off three sets of regs for service and telling them I'll be back at the end of the day to pick them up.

bfmorgan
02-18-2011, 12:59
Need to measure the time with a stopwatch. Received back today. Shipped on Monday, received at ST on Wednesday, serviced and shipped back the same day. Haven't checked them out yet but the turnaround time can't be beat. I can just imagine walking into my LDS and dropping off three sets of regs for service and telling them I'll be back at the end of the day to pick them up.
Not a complaint, but I did my regulator service in early December...wanted to avoid the rush....my LDS took 3 weeks. One day to service is awesome. And I would suspect this is the busy time of the year for the service department.

brojack17
02-22-2011, 11:35
I got a call from ST today. The regs are ready and will be shipped out today. I added some extra gear to the package. Can't wait to get the regs back and test them. I see a pool session to test.

JLeFever
02-22-2011, 22:53
Just sent my reg in today for service.
Should be there at ST on Thurs.-Fri. ,
So i should get it back some time next week.
I don't need them anytime soon , all I care about is its done right.

CWSWine
02-23-2011, 07:06
Brought my into my local LDS on Friday and help disassemble and clean - Went back Saturday and help assembled and learn how to adjust. Learned a lot about my regs. and only took less than 24 hours.

brojack17
02-23-2011, 17:00
9 days from door to door. Everything looks good. I have a pool session soon to test.

bigman241
02-24-2011, 21:27
I sent mine tuesday, though will be calling tomorrow, I put the wrong CC number on the forum, so will need to change that.

thecheeseman
02-26-2011, 17:49
9 days from door to door. Everything looks good. I have a pool session soon to test.

Wow...Impressive! This thread is one of the things that encouraged me to send my regs in...I'm going to wait until I go diving this week and next week though.

bigman241
02-27-2011, 22:57
mine was shipped tueday, and ready for ups friday afternoon, I did give the wrong CC number and now have to call tomorrow to fix that. OPPS but not their fault, heck I figured for a mid this coming week shipping. GO ST