PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Oceanic.

Recon
02-15-2011, 11:01
Below is an email thread that I started late yesterday. All I can say is wow... if everyone in the world was like ST and Oceanic.... I probably wouldn't have heart burn as much.

-----Original Message-----
From: Oceanic Website Form [mailto:support@oceanicworldwide.com]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 5:16 PM
To: Mark
Subject: Datamax retainer bar?

Name: Recon

Email: <OMMITED>
Subject: Datamax retainer bar?
Phone: <OMMITED>
To: Customer Service - Returns/Upgrades (service@oceanicusa.com)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The retainer bar (unsure of the name of the part) basically where the compass on the datamax pro plus goes, broke under normal wear when i clipped it off to my BC, I have tried to get a new part from several online stores, and have even checked on your store page, and still can not find a replacement part, i do not need to buy the attachment for the compass as I use a wrist mount compass for that, I just need to be able to secure my pdc to my bc again, please help.

Dear Recon,

Thank you for your purchase of Oceanic diving equipment. If you are referring to the lanyard attachment rail that screws onto the top of the Datamax Pro Plus in place of the compass mount, I can provide a replacement. If you can give me your mailing address Id be glad to drop one in the mail to you. If I have misunderstood what you are looking for, please let me know.

Regards,

Mark <OMMITED>
Oceanic/Aeris/Hollis Technical Support
2002 Davis Street
San Leandro CA 94577

Phone <OMMITED>
Toll Free (800) 435 3483 ext. 761
Fax (510) 569 5404
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

They are shipping me the replacement today, and I should have it in a few days..... that ... sounds.... like..... Scuba Toys customer service.... something that I have not had anywhere else besides with ST in a LONG time... Joe / Larry, you guys are re-teaching the world... keep it up guys.

~Recon

Noob
02-15-2011, 11:29
thats cool. Good to hear they helped you out.

Straegen
02-15-2011, 12:58
Great to hear and love to hear reports like these. Appreciate when companies go a little extra for their customers especially one of the larger scuba gear manufacturers.

cmburch
02-15-2011, 16:01
I am also very happy with Oceanic's products and service for about 25 years. It looks like Nick Hollis in San Leandro is also the location for the Oceanic Rep? He offered a tour of his facilities. I will have to take him up on it.

TwistedSister209
02-15-2011, 21:07
Woot, Recon!!

tacofranklin
02-15-2011, 21:41
Niice :D

scubastud
02-15-2011, 21:44
I am in customer service..sort of.
No not sort of, I am. I do my part, I know people have choices and I never rest on my laurels regarding clients.
I also wish more would do the same.
I know one thing, I will consider Oceanic more when it is time to buy more stuff.
Thanks Recon.

josh7284
06-06-2011, 15:43
thats great, got to love a scuba company that appreciates their customers

mermoose
07-22-2011, 17:33
I bought my Atom 2 wrist computer from ST and Oceanic customer service is HANDS DOWN (yes I am shouting) the best manufacturer I have dealt dealt with. Answer any question without hostility or acting like its a dumb question. They replaced my unit at the first hint of what could possibly have been a real problem. Stating, "Better safe than sorry". That's what I'm talking about !! Plus, I really like the computer too.(Kudos to Larry for steering my in that direction) I currently plan to make Oceanic my continued manufacture of choice as often as possible for the rest of my diving days and nights.