PDA

View Full Version : What's with Scuba Diving Magazine??!

Judestudio
09-14-2007, 21:08
I've subscribed to the SD Magazine back at the beginning of August via their online subscription system. And it's now mid-September (6 weeks!) and I've yet to receive my first issue.

Worst is, I've emailed them (trying every possible email listed) NUMEROUS times over the past month, NO REPLY whatsoever! That's not very good. As last resource I posted a thread on their forum, I got a reply from the web-master saying he'll contact the right person and get back to me, but nothing happen after that. I live in New Zealand, calling across the globe costs money and will be my last last resource. And the ultimate resource is filing a "no show" and get money back from VISA and let them deal with the problem.

I'm getting frustrated. So here I'm letting it out :smiley6:

Scuba-Bill
09-14-2007, 22:24
I just pulled the subscription card from my issue and it does say "Please allow 4-6 weeks for first-issue deliver". Maybe it takes a little longer than that to reach you in New Zealand.

You might try emailing the editor at edit@scubadiving.com. Sometimes a top down push gets better results than going through the circulation department.

Good luck,

Judestudio
09-14-2007, 23:09
Thanks Bill. I'll sit tight a little while longer then. I'm still not sure why it takes 6 weeks to release the first issue, even in the US. Is there a lot of bureaucracy involve in processing the subscription and printing out an extra address label? Problem is, if they delay too much, I miss the chance to file a claim back from VISA too. But this is all not a problem if they'd just reply back and say "wait 2 months". It gets a bit worrying when you've paid for something and all you get is a statement from VISA saying they've already taken your money and no one answering your emailssss :smiley7:

I've tried the editor's email, no response from them too.

DivingsInMyBlood
09-14-2007, 23:14
sorry to read about your trouble matey, hope this doesnt happen to me. Just 1 week ago i did the same thing, hope it doesnt take too long.

ertechsg
09-14-2007, 23:16
It does take them awhile for the first one... seeems like forever between them also

edge900rr
09-16-2007, 12:27
it's a good magizine....I enjoy reading it cover to cover every month. This thread kinda reminded me that I need to check on my subscription and renew.

NitroWill
09-16-2007, 12:34
I tried to email them over a month ago about changing the address for my subscription..(I moved a week after ST put in my subscription :() and they havent responded to either of my several emails from 1week-6weeks old...

jpep
09-16-2007, 12:36
it's a good magizine....I enjoy reading it cover to cover every month. This thread kinda reminded me that I need to check on my subscription and renew.

Agreed. I keep all my back issues.

crpntr133
09-17-2007, 22:12
Pretty easy reason why it takes so long to get your first issue. This months issue was sent to press last month, at least. So if you order this month you would go into the computer and then they play catch up. 4-6 weeks on any rag at least.

Vercingetorix
09-19-2007, 08:41
You may receive a back issue dating back to when you first subscribed. I did.

Now, just add Dive Training and Alert Diver magazine subscriptions, and you'll have more than enough fun and educational scuba reading each month. This forum will also act as a daily fix as well.

h2odragon1
09-19-2007, 10:19
wait for a little more, but keep pushing!
I had a subscription toa hunting mag. a few years back, it also went missing after recieving it for a while, then the local post office had a new carrier, and he delivered them. the new carrier said the old one had been taking mail, mostley magazines and reading them himself, not delivering them.
I have not had this problem with any scuba mag.
good luck, great reading!!

Charlotte Smith
09-19-2007, 10:27
Hang in there...its a good magazine...worth the wait...

diver james
09-19-2007, 10:40
Good thing I read this, I was going to order this mag, I am a little hesitant, I don't like when they take out the money then ship my items months later.....

jimmysdevoted
09-19-2007, 11:21
i went to the magazines publisher website and according to the poepe in the office overseas takes 10 weeks. they do hava sister magazines for teh australian market. Many times publisher print different versions or teh same version through the local publisher.
I know i try to get magazines from teh UK and they can take up to two months. You could try a faster version of a PDF emailed directly to you for download wghile you are waiting.

kevinj1
09-20-2007, 18:56
Joe put me on the subscription list over two months ago and I havent received anything either. What should I do?

NitroWill
09-20-2007, 18:57
Joe put me on the subscription list over two months ago and I havent received anything either. What should I do?

Who knows, I contacted them two months ago and they havent even replied to me... pretty bad customer service if you ask me

kevinj1
09-26-2007, 11:58

Who knows, I contacted them two months ago and they havent even replied to me... pretty bad customer service if you ask me

They might have bad customer service, but they do have a great magazine. This sucks, I am going through withdrawls...

ccarter
09-26-2007, 13:10
It does take them awhile for the first one... seeems like forever between them also

Yeah.. it took me forever to get my first one.. and sometimes there will still be gaps longer than a month where I don't get one.. and then suddenly I'll get two like two weeks apart or something. I think i got mine free though.. don't think I'll resubscribe though mainly because I don't have time to actually read magazines.. just kinda skim them.. and trash them.. I'd rather save the trees!

Judestudio
09-26-2007, 15:12
Ok, I got mine after 2 months wait. So for those that are still waiting, keep waiting, at least I can assure you the company is still running, just slow.

BUT, when I subscribe for the magazine, it says they'll give out a copy of Dive Like A Pro for free. They didn't send it with the first issue though. Do they actually give that out??! I've emailed again, but no reply, OF COZ! :smiley5:

Soonerwink
09-26-2007, 18:29
Here is where I order my subscription, 13.95 for 3years.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SCUBA-DIVING-Magazine-3-Years-33-Issues_W0QQitemZ280157026767QQihZ018QQcategoryZ739 93QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

quasimoto
09-26-2007, 19:04
Ok, I got mine after 2 months wait. So for those that are still waiting, keep waiting, at least I can assure you the company is still running, just slow.

BUT, when I subscribe for the magazine, it says they'll give out a copy of Dive Like A Pro for free. They didn't send it with the first issue though. Do they actually give that out??! I've emailed again, but no reply, OF COZ! :smiley5:

I've never seen a copy of Dive Like a Pro either and have had many a time that it was suppose to come with it. Personally it wasn't worth the hassle.
It may also be one of those limited time offers or till supplies last deal as well.