PDA

View Full Version : Little Rock end of APRIL

Davetowz
02-25-2011, 19:32
I will be in little Rock towards the end of April for 2 weeks. Where to dive? Any locals want to meet up?

snagel
02-26-2011, 09:57
Assuming you are talking about Little Rock Arkansas.....Beaver Lake is the probably your best bet. Bull Shoals and Table Rock are a little farther North. Norfork is NE.

We will actually be spending the last week of April at Norfork. If you get a bug, look us up a Jordans Marina. We will be diving all week and plan to have our boat down there.

Snagel

Bigg_Budd
02-26-2011, 10:27
beaver lake is not near little rock. it's 4 hours northwest of little rock. so i wouldn't call that local diving. however, if you do go to beaver let me know. i live right next to it, have a boat on the water, and i'd be happy to dive with you.

one option, and it would be a day trip, is to hit lake ouachita which is south east of LR. it's still a good 1.5 to 2 hours to get to it, but it's closer than beaver. it's also near hot springs, which is a cool place. great downtown with a ton of bars. you could make a weekend trip out of it.

ouachita is not as clear (historically) as beaver, but still good diving. expect 10 to 15 ffw. plenty of shoreline to dive, and a few scuba ops in the area that you could charter. i have a buddy that lives on the lake, so let me know and i'll try to drum up some dive locations for you.

wheelman
02-26-2011, 10:49
I'm in let's go dive, come on up to beaver for at least one day.

Davetowz
04-22-2011, 06:48
Unfortunately Budd and Wheelman are both down with the sickness anyone else diving this weekend?