PDA

View Full Version : Monterey Divers

thecheeseman
02-26-2011, 17:55
This section is pretty inactive, lets get some discussions going -- who dives in Monterey area? What are your favorite sites? i wish I could dive more but no one in my family dives so I'm stuck hunting for dive buddies. :(

scottv
02-26-2011, 19:15
Shoot man, PM me anytime. I am here in Monterey right now. All my dive buds cancelled out since it was supposed to be horrible here and snowing. It turned out to be one of the nicest days I have ever seen here.

thecheeseman
02-26-2011, 19:25
Shoot man, PM me anytime. I am here in Monterey right now. All my dive buds cancelled out since it was supposed to be horrible here and snowing. It turned out to be one of the nicest days I have ever seen here.

Wow, I'm jealous...I'm headed down next weekend though for a Drysuit class. Hey, snow's no excuse to cancel -- more fun when you get out! :smiley20:
I'm glad you caught a good weekend and hopefully you got some nice dives in! The I heard the viz this week was fantastic.

I'd love to organize a Scubatoys meetup perhaps - I can always use some new buddies. I'd love to tag along in the future if you are okay with a new-ish diver. :)

scottv
02-26-2011, 21:53
Sure, I'll let you know next time I am up this direction. Usually dive Monterey once a month. Yesterday morning was not so nice weather, but the vis here today was still pretty darned good. I hear last week was some of the best that has ever been seen here! Let me know next time you will be here and I can see if I can make it. My buds are coming out next weekend if you want you can likely hook up with them. I have to move, sucks!

Jak Crow
03-11-2011, 18:45
I'm always looking for people to dive with. I just got certified last month, and so far my favorite spot has been Otter Cove.

Toonces
03-22-2011, 11:49
Butterfly house is a great site in Carmel. There is a great dive club in Monterey that is very active called the sea otters. I wish I still lived in Monterey, the diving was amazing, despite the cold water.

reefvagabond
04-20-2011, 16:57
I'm in the Bay Area and so far have done all my diving in Monterey. I've done Breakwater, Lovers Point and Coral Street so far. I'm still pretty green, less than 20 dives, but I'm game.