PDA

View Full Version : what gun do you own and do you carry

bigman241
02-27-2011, 22:56
With the other gun thread, it got me on something I wondered but did not post, with it being a scuba forum and all but here goes.

I just go my carry permit a week ago and am wondering how many of you own a gun what kind and do you carry. Pics if you want

I own some long guns but my pistol of choice is a glock 21 45acp, factory setup expect adding a laser soon. I have been carrying for a week now, can not believe just how much it changes you thinking, when you go in place, have someone try to argue with you or give you the finger going down the road.
My dad was concerned it might make my tiny bit of road rage worst, but it has done the opp, I just wave and say have a good day now. Still can not figure out how to hide the dang thing in florida in warm weather clothes since it is not a Open carry state

Rcontrera
02-27-2011, 23:09
Contact Tim at USCCA. They have good articles about the proper way to carry as well as LOTS of other articles about gun ownership.

Straegen
02-28-2011, 00:23
I don't carry but if I did I would probably carry a Taurus Model 851. The Kimber Super Carry Pro would make my list as well. I like the 4" 1911 guns. They fit nice in the hand, check all the important fire power boxes and are relatively slim without being too long.

JLeFever
02-28-2011, 02:37
As I posted in the other shooting thread, I carry a Glock 27 (40 cal.) for my everyday purposes.
Had my CWP since 1993.
I mostly carry with a "PASSPORT" IWB holster,(inside waistband) in the small of my back, and a good strong belt to keep your pants up. lol

I've gone thru alot of different weapons and holsters over the years and i like the G27 most.
Super reliable and easy to maintain and shoot.
It's Small enough to carry concealed inside the waistband with shorts on and a tshirt, but not so bulky that it shows, and with 40 cal. it still delivers good stopping power.
The Glock 26 isnt bad either, it's basically the same as the 27 but it's 9mm, so it doesnt have that same stopping power as the 40 but it also is a little more accurate being such a small weapon with a larger round.

There are a few newer weapons that i've found aren't bad either, like the ruger lcp in .380 cal. or the kahr CW9 in 9mm.
My best advice would be to go to the range and ask to use a few they have on the range and see what you like best.

Being a new CWP holder as you are BIGMAN, practice is everything.
I've taken many classes from beginner to advanced with some great instructors, and it helps ALOT.
Just like diving, Shooting is a perishable skill and practice makes you much more able to handle a situation if it arises.
If it were me, i would try and find some tactical shooting classes in your area and learn as much as you can about carrying in all situations, so you will be ready.
I found myself being much more in tune to my surroundings and will help you greatly.

Taking a life if need be, is a huge responsibility and should'nt be taken lightly, so do all you can for that life not to be your own.

broncrider
02-28-2011, 03:01
Kimber Ultra Carry II is my main carry piece, however I do occasionally carry my Charles Daly .45, either way extra mags are a must.

snagel
02-28-2011, 05:53
Don't get me wrong here....I have no issues with the 2nd amendment and have no issues with those that "carry". I personally do not. I enjoy a good day of plinking and so forth. I'm not "Anti-Gun" in any manner.

My question however is why do you choose to "carry"? I really don't get it and interested in hearing from those that do to understand why they feel the need to carry a gun. (Again, I'm not putting anybody down that does, I'm just interested in knowing the why because although I'm a gun lover, I don't have any real ambition to want to carry a weopon)

Snagel

Vercingetorix
02-28-2011, 06:38
I have a Berretta 92 and a Dan Wesson .357 magnum. Don't carry, but soon get license to do so. Would I carry after that? I doubt it.

tc_rain
02-28-2011, 06:45
I carry one 8 hours a day, that is enough for me.

Zenagirl
02-28-2011, 07:09
I have a small .32 airweight revolver that I used to carry when I traveled alone to dog shows in my state. I had a concealed weapons permit just for that reason, but didn't carry it any other time. After cell phone coverage became so much better, I let my permit expire since between my phone and my Rottweiler, I felt I'd be safe in a break-down situation. ;)

FishFood
02-28-2011, 07:16
Taurus 24/7

I generally don't carry on my person, but have it the vehicle when I feel it necessary. I do a lot of rural driving through poorer areas with long stretches of no cell phone coverage. A break down could mean a long walk/hitch hike. This is generally at night as well. If you can't reach the law, there is none.

scubagirlj
02-28-2011, 08:12
have the .38special undercover in the kitchen, the long barrel .38 special on the bedstand, the 9m sig p250 on coffee table & the 9m gen4 glock 17 on hip(outline shows a bit but oh well)-do take the 9ms to bed with me, gives me total of 33 available rounds at night, and thats with out reload- think i've got it covered

bigman241
02-28-2011, 09:17
A woman carrying a glock slow my beating heart. How have you found the florida no open carry law to be have you had a issue getting a visit from the troopers when someone sees it under a shirt, or when it prints? I ask cause I will be carrying some when we hit florida next week :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:
Indiana allows either so I just strap it to my belt, I did find a good custom shoulder holster company online though

have the .38special undercover in the kitchen, the long barrel .38 special on the bedstand, the 9m sig p250 on coffee table & the 9m gen4 glock 17 on hip(outline shows a bit but oh well)-do take the 9ms to bed with me, gives me total of 33 available rounds at night, and thats with out reload- think i've got it covered

Straegen
02-28-2011, 09:31
My question however is why do you choose to "carry"? I really don't get it and interested in hearing from those that do to understand why they feel the need to carry a gun. (Again, I'm not putting anybody down that does, I'm just interested in knowing the why because although I'm a gun lover, I don't have any real ambition to want to carry a weopon)I do not carry but I can tell you why some in my family do. Ultimately self protection relies in our own hands. Same reason people solo dive is one of the big reasons people carry. Depending on someone else for protection can have disastrous results.

I personally choose not to carry because I think the chances of self injury are higher with a gun as I have seen and been in the company of some serious accidents. I am also a big fellow so I generally don't need a gun to level the playing field. I also consider that my best weapon is sitting above my shoulders.

scubagirlj
02-28-2011, 09:56
A woman carrying a glock slow my beating heart. How have you found the florida no open carry law to be have you had a issue getting a visit from the troopers when someone sees it under a shirt, or when it prints? I ask cause I will be carrying some when we hit florida next week :smiley20::smiley20::smiley20:
Indiana allows either so I just strap it to my belt, I did find a good custom shoulder holster company online though

dude- being a girl, no one cares, actually they get a bit excited, when they catch a glimpse...of my glock(dirty minds!)-shoulder holsters are so miami vice! get a waist inside/outside & wear a longish shirt

Zeagle Eagle
02-28-2011, 10:29
Don't get me wrong here....I have no issues with the 2nd amendment and have no issues with those that "carry". I personally do not. I enjoy a good day of plinking and so forth. I'm not "Anti-Gun" in any manner.

My question however is why do you choose to "carry"? I really don't get it and interested in hearing from those that do to understand why they feel the need to carry a gun. (Again, I'm not putting anybody down that does, I'm just interested in knowing the why because although I'm a gun lover, I don't have any real ambition to want to carry a weopon)

Snagel

Snagel, I do not believe that you do not know why people carry.

ScottW
02-28-2011, 10:47
I have a Glock 21 that goes with me in my vehicle. There are only a few places around town were I'll take it out and carry. While Utah allows for open carry, I choose not to.

Straegen
02-28-2011, 10:57
dude- being a girl, no one cares, actually they get a bit excited, when they catch a glimpse...of my glock(dirty minds!)-shoulder holsters are so miami vice! get a waist inside/outside & wear a longish shirt

I love a good paddle-esk holster like the SuperTuck. On milsim days I use a Safariland duty holster rather than a drop leg. I also have one of these:

http://www.circlekb.com/merchant2/graphics/00000001/vigilantelg.jpg

for my six shooter days.

As for shoulder holsters not a fan for the gun but like them for ammo.

fire diver
02-28-2011, 12:31

Snagel

Because when seconds count, the police are just minutes away. Also, it's too heavy to carry a cop around all the time, and I my car would smell like donuts if I did.

Bert
02-28-2011, 16:13
I carry a 1911 LDA or a snubnose .38 I carry for work, an armored car, in detroit. I agree the best weapon is above the neck.

Lulubelle
02-28-2011, 17:41
One might want to be careful on a public internet site like this in detailing the cache of weapons in one's home. Some bad guys would probably like to come steal them.

Defman
02-28-2011, 18:15
Glock 20C, I don't carry. Took the class, passed the test, never did the paperwork.
Yildiz 12Ga O/U for skeet/trap.
Olympic Arms A2-type AR-15 with Nikon M223 (3-12x42), just for fun.

Davetowz
02-28-2011, 18:26
Nuff said..

snagel
02-28-2011, 18:30
Snagel, I do not believe that you do not know why people carry.

I guess I can understand the need for self-security. But, really all the people I know personally that carry are (forgive me) a little odd and maybe a little paranoid. This includes my sister-in-law (not the one others may know that dives). She has no business carrying a weapon...she's somewhat of a nut job. How she got the permit shows me the system does not work....she has several DUI's and some other legal issues and I'm pretty sure has has some documented phycological issues.

Those that I know are pretty much a throwback from the wild wild west and a little full of themselves with there gun. Pretty much courage in a barrel.

Again, not wanting to offend anybody here because everybody has their right (atleast I hope we still do). This has just been my personal experience....I just really don't get it....sorry. Once again, all those of you that do carry...good for you. I have no say into this and don't wish you do not carry...to each their own.

Snagel

Snagel

shoot2retrieve
02-28-2011, 18:36
C&C makes me a much better everyday citizen. When I'm carrying I tend to dial the ol' road rage down to zero. As well as be much more patient in a place of business that I may normally, not be. The reason I decided to carry was more than anything, just the simple fact of I'd rather have the license and firearm to never use, than to just one time need it and not have it. Carrying is anything, but comfortable, but it is comforting. Also, when carrying it makes me much more aware of my surrounding and I'm always looking for an exit and playing scenarios in my head at times, to flat out escape in time of need. I also try to give myself options. A small little pepper spray applicator fits easy into a pocket, so in time of possible need I don't only have the one option of a firearm. I have had a scenario in my own household, where it came down to pulling the trigger and I was on target. And if the person had not hit the floor like a sack of rocks in submission, (helps when you have a grumpy 200 lb english mastiff, who becomes very irritated when woken from a couch slumber) I am sure I would have made the shot, however afterwards I was flat out scared, once the adrenaline went away. Not, something I ever want to do again, but you never know. I also respect anyones reason NOT to carry. Is totally a personal choice, I just think you should have English Mastiffs, lol!!!!

bigman241
02-28-2011, 20:01
Same with me, it kind of slows everything down, more so when you draw like you said, when I had to draw down on someone it was like slow motion, or so now, not sure it really was then. The guy I drew down on was one of those wild west type guys like snagel said, he was being threating, made a few commets that made me in fear of my life and I drew cocked locked and my finger with the trigger back ever so slightly, When he moved his hand toward his rev I told him, might want to stop that. Do not carry how fast you are, the gun at your face will be quicker then the gun in your holster.

Heck with it here is the story, IT IS LONG
We was running a general store/ jetboat/pwc rental shop in KY down by the cumberland falls, one day a local neighborhood watch(Ie local militia) came down and asked if we would like to join the neigborhood watch, After getting the well we patrol your property and make sure no one steals anything, we opted not to, we lived in a trailer 200 feet from the store, and was more armed then the nieghborhood watch guys. After week of this going from you should join because it will keep you safe to you should join your someone WILL ROB YOU, to my favorite you better before someone robs and KILLS you. I told the guy the police are hear to protect us. THe guy told us the sheriff would not come to the area because it was in a forest and hard to get to. I called the next day and he said I ant coming out there, Every time I do that dam militia shoots at me.

A week later my dad went to michigan and I was there alone. One night at about 9:30 a guy came in alone, odd cause normally the went around in pairs. After the join before your shoot lines, I said we did not need their protection. I had an AR15 on the wall behind the counter and felt I was fine, The guy said well say I am hear to rob you, (mind he is saying this with a gun on his belt) I ant letting you get to the rifle I would shoot you dead before you touched it, ok I can deal with one threat, a minute later, he put his hand on his firearm and said don't you realize if you turned for that rifle I would be watching you and shoot you, as he said it I pulled my locked and loaded ruger 9mm out of the sliding draw under the counter and stuck it in his face, fully prepared to shoot it out with him. I looked at him and said while your watching me watch the rifle I am shooting you in the face with this, as I said it he moved for a grip on his gun and I guess re thought it, and walked out. A day later I talked with a local at another store and he told me the local militia was shooting at his house again, for the third time in a month, I said well get the neighborhood watch to take care of it. He said who do you think the militia is. They were running a shake down thing like the mob, you pay me and I wont through a brick through your window. 2 weeks later we sold the stock to the hotel owner were the store was and left, the funny part was the militia following us out of town and up to summerset, even pulled in the gas station and sat in the corner of the lot till we left.

C&C makes me a much better everyday citizen. When I'm carrying I tend to dial the ol' road rage down to zero. As well as be much more patient in a place of business that I may normally, not be. The reason I decided to carry was more than anything, just the simple fact of I'd rather have the license and firearm to never use, than to just one time need it and not have it. Carrying is anything, but comfortable, but it is comforting. Also, when carrying it makes me much more aware of my surrounding and I'm always looking for an exit and playing scenarios in my head at times, to flat out escape in time of need. I also try to give myself options. A small little pepper spray applicator fits easy into a pocket, so in time of possible need I don't only have the one option of a firearm. I have had a scenario in my own household, where it came down to pulling the trigger and I was on target. And if the person had not hit the floor like a sack of rocks in submission, (helps when you have a grumpy 200 lb english mastiff, who becomes very irritated when woken from a couch slumber) I am sure I would have made the shot, however afterwards I was flat out scared, once the adrenaline went away. Not, something I ever want to do again, but you never know. I also respect anyones reason NOT to carry. Is totally a personal choice, I just think you should have English Mastiffs, lol!!!!

bigman241
02-28-2011, 20:08
I know in indiana two or more drug or alchole charges means denial for a gun permit, though might be a time limit on when one dropped off, I know some phyc issues mean denial to, just dependes, if you even see a mental health doctor for say bad dreams you are getting a signed ok from them, some docs wont even think about signing it, A friend had one sign for him, he had to go for oddly enough anger management, the state police said that was a non issue, since he was a kid and it was old, not like he was crazy
I think your being open minded about it, and it is just not for your, alot of people do, I think it speaks alot about you to say, I doubt want to, don't get why you do, but feel free. If we start stripping rights away soon non of us will have any. There is a reason japan did not invade us. For any force to they would have to realize something like 70% of american owns and knows how to use guns
I guess I can understand the need for self-security. But, really all the people I know personally that carry are (forgive me) a little odd and maybe a little paranoid. This includes my sister-in-law (not the one others may know that dives). She has no business carrying a weapon...she's somewhat of a nut job. How she got the permit shows me the system does not work....she has several DUI's and some other legal issues and I'm pretty sure has has some documented phycological issues.

Those that I know are pretty much a throwback from the wild wild west and a little full of themselves with there gun. Pretty much courage in a barrel.

Again, not wanting to offend anybody here because everybody has their right (atleast I hope we still do). This has just been my personal experience....I just really don't get it....sorry. Once again, all those of you that do carry...good for you. I have no say into this and don't wish you do not carry...to each their own.

Snagel

Snagel

KO-Texas
02-28-2011, 23:56
Sig .357 :smiley20:

KO

navyhmc
03-01-2011, 00:25
What gun do I own? One that I can shoot, what do I carry? Same gun. Old wise anonymous said "beware of the man with only one gun...he probably knows how to use it."

Kind of like the line from Quigley Down Under: "I never said I didn't know HOW to use a pistol, I said I never had much use for one!"

Straegen
03-01-2011, 00:55
One might want to be careful on a public internet site like this in detailing the cache of weapons in one's home. Some bad guys would probably like to come steal them.

If they are smart in our house they will skip right past the guns and pick up the dive gear. Either way I have good homeowners insurance and wouldn't mind shopping for some new toys.

I guess I can understand the need for self-security. But, really all the people I know personally that carry are (forgive me) a little odd and maybe a little paranoid. .... Those that I know are pretty much a throwback from the wild wild west and a little full of themselves with there gun. Pretty much courage in a barrel. My brother carries and has carried for a long time and he isn't really odd or lacking in some strange way. He just doesn't believe the police are particularly good at protecting people especially where he lives which is well off the beaten track.

I do have to say I am not buying into the "better citizen" or increased patience concept. Most of the people I know who carry are a little more on edge and not necessarily in a good way. My brother is pretty much the same but I am guessing that has more to do with the fact that in my family someone is rarely more than five paces from a gun.

snagel
03-01-2011, 05:25
Have to agree with the English Mastiffs. I've owned an Doberman for the last 30 years (obviously not the same one). Most people that know me locally, know I have a doberman and in my younger days had several. Never have had an issue. Today I have several elderly people that live around me and they love the fact that if they hear him barking there is something going on.

A couple years ago, we had a rash of home break-ins in the area. We had no issues in the houses around mine...I really think it had a lot to do with 90 pounds of teeth who stays outside.

Interesting stories about having to draw down on somebody. I've had to do this once when I worked in security - had a guy high on drugs and uncontrollable. In the end, took 6 police officers and me to get him down. At one point both me and a police officer drew on him because neither of use wanted to take him on by ourselves. Just glad others arrived just in time. Still today, I play it back wondering if I would have shot or not.

Snagel

bigman241
03-01-2011, 06:36
Around here one needs not call the police, they would take 2 hours to arrive, have forgot their one bullet is in their shirt pocket, and likely are related to the criminal, heck the new cop here is like 22, chuppy, not big and fat, or muscler just chuppy and I guess weak, I seriously doubt he caught fight lulu down to the ground. One of the cops got drunk stole a squad car(off duty) and drove it into a field and got stuck, then he got caught with his wife in his car, checking for speeders on a little used country road, then parked just over a set of railroad tracks and when a suv came down the road up over the tracks she landed on HIS CAR, though she was drunk but still. he is now running for mayor and likely to WIN.

If they are smart in our house they will skip right past the guns and pick up the dive gear. Either way I have good homeowners insurance and wouldn't mind shopping for some new toys.

My brother carries and has carried for a long time and he isn't really odd or lacking in some strange way. He just doesn't believe the police are particularly good at protecting people especially where he lives which is well off the beaten track.

I do have to say I am not buying into the "better citizen" or increased patience concept. Most of the people I know who carry are a little more on edge and not necessarily in a good way. My brother is pretty much the same but I am guessing that has more to do with the fact that in my family someone is rarely more than five paces from a gun.

bigman241
03-01-2011, 06:39
I see your point, but they are unlikely to get mine, all of mine sit in a safe, weather I have a gun or not, they wont make it half way through my house, I collect knifes, big knifes, got a bat or two laying around, and I am just plan big and mean when I need to be.

90% of the time a robber knows you, knows where your stuff is, and knows when your home, when someone broke in our house this fall they knew the one time we were all gone. which is uncommon, I have a good idea who it is

Flatliner
03-01-2011, 07:31
Kimber Ultra Carry II is my main carry piece, however I do occasionally carry my Charles Daly .45, either way extra mags are a must.

I have to challenge this one. As someone who does carry fairly regularly, how could you ever find yourself in a situation, in our context, where you would need more than a couple of rounds? Even in an inner city gang shootout, get the heck out of harms way asap! If I was in combat, I could buy this statement but even had I been at VonMaur in Omaha (the situation that finally motivated me to get my permit) a couple of rounds would have been sufficient. For me at least, I will do whatever is necessary to secure the safety of my loved ones, I think most of the situations I can imagine, I could get them out of harms way without firing a shot. (VonMaur would have been an exception no matter how you slice it) Honestly, I carry only because I believe their safety is my responsibility. If, God forbid, I ever had to use my weapon to protect them, I would, but I will do just about anything imaginable to avoid that. I don't want to live the rest of my life with the image of taking someone elses life in my head.

To answer Tim's original question, I carry a Tauris 24/7 in .40. 1.) It's cheap, if you ever use it, tell it goodby, 2.) it's reliable, used by 2 SAS teams as a primary entry weapon (believe it or not) 3.) I like that I can use it double or single action, only one like it...

Splitlip
03-01-2011, 16:55
C&C makes me a much better everyday citizen. When I'm carrying I tend to dial the ol' road rage down to zero. As well as be much more patient in a place of business that I may normally, not be. The reason I decided to carry was more than anything, just the simple fact of I'd rather have the license and firearm to never use, than to just one time need it and not have it.

Agree. Last summer I exited my vehicle in restaurant parking lot. I saw an unattended Lexus with two dogs inside and the windows rolled up. I put my hand on the hood to see if it was running and if the AC was (presumably) on. The owner came out and went into a rant about caring for his own animals and about how I somehow violated his car.
Normally I would have gone off on the guy, but I was carrying. So instead, I did one of these
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/images/smilies/Character%20Smiles/ne_nau.gif
and walked away.

Now I have used a hand gun two times to defend myself and my family.

First time, I admit, my actions contributed to the situation. Between 1982 and 1984 I was in my Charcoal Metallic RX-7 with red leather in a left turn lane behind a jacked up 8 cylinder Ford maverick with 4 punks in it. The green arrow came up and the douches could not get the car started. When the light went yellow, I went around them and then pulled into a gas station. When they got the car started they sped past me and shouted obscenities. Of course I responded by giving them the finger. A few seconds later, somebody in the car must have told the driver of my actions. He locked up the breaks at the top of a draw bridge and did a bat turn. Mrs. Split did not raise a fool so I jumped in my chariot and lit out. They chased me and I was running lights (with Caution). Several times when I slowed they hit my bumper. Unincorporated Palm Beach County was still kind of rural and this was pre cell phone so I had no hope of the cavalry coming to my aid.
I drove past homes of friends including Kev, the survivalist. Nothing. Got near an apartment construction site that my Dad had going. Turned in. "yes! Dad and a couple dozen construction workers." But it was a Saturday after 12:00. I had nowhere to go. I spun the car in the shell rock on the site putting the passenger door between me and them. (I had my Dad's target pistol in a compartment behind the passenger seat. Was at the range with friends.)

The next move was unmistakable. I reach behind the seat and grabbed the pistol by the grip, spun the oiled rag off, unlatched the holster and shook the holster off the weapon. I pointed it and watched as they did a fast reverse back out of the alley.

Next incident was about 1993 or 1994. My daughter was still in a car seat. I was in stinking West Palm going to a K-Mart. Some raunchy guy approached me in the lot and started blabbering at me and pushing me up against my car (mini-van). I have no idea to this day why. I can only assume He thought I took his parking space. I did see him driving around earlier.
In any event, this was when we were really learning about HIV, and this guy looked like a druggy. I had a new baby and was not going to risk any exchange of body fluids. The guy had me pushed against the car and out of the corner of my eye I saw my wife coming around the car with something in her hand. She was a LEO, so I assumed she had her backup which was in the car. She had a frickin umbrella! Anyway, with her umbrella in the guys face and chest we push the piece of crap off me. Incident over, no shopping either. The guy is gone.

NOT! We got in the car to leave and before I got the car in gear, the POS is in my car via the side passenger door coming for me across my daughter in the car seat. I retrieved the wife's J-frame and put it at his head. He was reaching across my baby for me! I would have been justified to shoot, but I paused because; 1. the noise would frighten my daughter. 2. the guy's blood might get on my daughter. 3. my wife hates paper work.

The guy did back off. We went into the store. Had them call 911 and filed a report.

Zeagle Eagle
03-02-2011, 08:38

Snagel

Snagel
Well I can certainly understand your position now; however, I think your sample group is quite small. I assume all those people have drivers license's and drive. Would you then make the assumption that you shouldn't drive? Most of the people I know that carry are very stable people including judges, lawyers, airline pilots, business owners, etc. My mother in law carries and she is a wacko. She is probably the last person in the world that should carry; but, she has a drivers license too. I don't think a few rotten eggs should influence your decision to be able to defend yourself.
I have had several situations in my life where my gun has been the difference between grievous bodily harm to me or mine and one that could have resulted in my death. Attempted car jacking comes to mind. If I hadn't been carrying I don't think I would be on this forum today. It is very comforting to me when I stop and fill up with gas at 2 am to know that I can defend myself. There are plenty of wackos and cowboys in every walk of life, including this one. My wife works shift work, mostly at night. I sleep better knowing that she can defend herself, if she needs to, at Oh dark thirty in the morning.

I hope that explains how most of us that carry feel. In Disneyland we wouldn't need to carry. I would live in Disneyland if I could; but, unfortunately I live in the real world where real bad guys live. I look at it like carrying spare air while diving. It's there if I need it.

If you do a little research you will find that as soon as concealed carry permit laws have been passed crime drops signifigantly. Case in point, Texas Since the outset of the Texas right-to-carry law, the Texas murder rate has averaged 30% lower than it was before the law took effect, while the U.S. murder rate has averaged 28% lower.

That being said, I would defend your right not to carry (with my gun if I have to).

Straegen
03-02-2011, 09:26
I retrieved the wife's J-frame and put it at his head. He was reaching across my baby for me! I would have been justified to shoot, but I paused because; 1. the noise would frighten my daughter. 2. the guy's blood might get on my daughter. 3. my wife hates paper work.

The guy did back off. We went into the store. Had them call 911 and filed a report.In sub 3' distances depending on the round, it would have gone everywhere. If a person is ever worried about a blood disease, they probably should not shoot someone at close range.

IMO, when the guy shoved you a solid solar plexus punch would have done the trick. I have used this a few times in my life. Pop someone with that one when they don't expect it and they will be down for several minutes and unlikely to engage when they get back up. Much easier to land than a head shot and when someone is coming in it is easy to deploy and rarely stopped. If it doesn't work, they flex, bend and pause which allows for a secondary strike to the junk.

Splitlip
03-02-2011, 12:16
IMO, when the guy shoved you a solid solar plexus punch would have done the trick. I have used this a few times in my life. Pop someone with that one when they don't expect it and they will be down for several minutes and unlikely to engage when they get back up. Much easier to land than a head shot and when someone is coming in it is easy to deploy and rarely stopped. If it doesn't work, they flex, bend and pause which allows for a secondary strike to the junk.

Agree. As a kid I boxed a little w/CYO and PAL. You tended to go for the face. And I did want to cut my hand on his teeth or spray his blood. But I since got smarter.

Last altercation I had that ended in physical contact was at a concert. some "kids" were annoying me by playing catch with a tennis ball. I had asked them to take it elsewhere so they made a point of trying to hit the "old head" with the ball. I snatched the ball and through it away.

After some more words one of them came at me. He took wide swing. I stepped inside and put my right leg behind his knee while at the same time hooking his right arm. I flat handed him in the chest, I heard a "pop" and he went down. At this point he was flopping around on his back kicking to keep me away, but I was still kind of attached to him down on one knee. I put my fist in his solar plexus.

In my best Will Smith I started yelling at him and his friends "who's an old head now". It was in the field, no reserved seats so my buddy just dragged me into the crowd. We still laugh about the look on the kids' faces.

Beefcake
03-02-2011, 22:03
Big- For your situation, I am a huge fan of pocket .380 autos. Some will argue that they don't have enough stopping power, but they have some huge advantages. First, with a decent pocket holster (Desantis Nemesis for example), you can conceal it in any outfit. Second, in a stressful situation, you can stand there with your hand in your pocket, and nobody will know that you have a pistol in your hand unless it comes to that. Someone above mentioned the Ruger LCP, and this is a decent option. However, I think I will eventually trade my KelTec P3AT for one of the new S&W Bodyguard .380s. Besides their integrated laser sights, they have a couple of other features that are not available from their competitors. Compared to the LCP, KelTec, and whatever Taurus calls theirs, the Bodyguard is the only one with a slide-catch to make mag changes easier, and it is the only one with useable iron sights. Not a bad little gun for under $400.

Obviously, if concealment in summer clothes and comfort weren't considerations, a bigger gun would be better, but a full-sized 10mm isn't always an option.

bigman241
03-02-2011, 22:27
I agree and disagree buddy, depends on the situation, say 2 guy in your house and your shooting it out, (it HAPPENS) given a person with 90% shooting of the kill zone, add in the given rush and nerves of shooting it out, I would guess that goes to a 10% hit rate, so I could see the need for 2 mags, not so much 3, like it has been said, 2 rounds in the chest is better then 30 in the walls and one in the leg, I was looking at getting a new toy alittle bit ago, not sure it would get here before I left, I would need to online order it, cause all the dealers here SUCK
I have to challenge this one. As someone who does carry fairly regularly, how could you ever find yourself in a situation, in our context, where you would need more than a couple of rounds? Even in an inner city gang shootout, get the heck out of harms way asap! If I was in combat, I could buy this statement but even had I been at VonMaur in Omaha (the situation that finally motivated me to get my permit) a couple of rounds would have been sufficient. For me at least, I will do whatever is necessary to secure the safety of my loved ones, I think most of the situations I can imagine, I could get them out of harms way without firing a shot. (VonMaur would have been an exception no matter how you slice it) Honestly, I carry only because I believe their safety is my responsibility. If, God forbid, I ever had to use my weapon to protect them, I would, but I will do just about anything imaginable to avoid that. I don't want to live the rest of my life with the image of taking someone elses life in my head.

To answer Tim's original question, I carry a Tauris 24/7 in .40. 1.) It's cheap, if you ever use it, tell it goodby, 2.) it's reliable, used by 2 SAS teams as a primary entry weapon (believe it or not) 3.) I like that I can use it double or single action, only one like it...

Cougar Diver
03-03-2011, 16:52
Sig 238 Equinox .380. I like how it shoots and it is small enought to hide under a shirt. When summer comes it will have to go in the purse though.

Clernix
03-03-2011, 19:38
"have been carrying for a week now, can not believe just how much it changes you thinking, when you go in place, have someone try to argue with you or give you the finger going down the road"

So carrying a gun changes you that much?
Does it change you as much as puberty? If so I may have to get one.

If I give someone the finger will they shoot me? Or if I say the Steelers suck and we agrue will they shoot me for that?

I am sorry I had to poke a little fun at you Rambos and John Waynes. There are many violent people out there and in some situations I suppose more violence could be seen as the answer. If you look at the numbers though more family members get shot with privately owned legal weapons than crimals do. Having a weapon affect your emotional state or your ability to control anger is questionable. If you are incapable of self control then how will you avoid making a bad choice in the use of the weapon?

Just my 2 cents

SEMO Scuba
03-03-2011, 20:35
And if you add 2 more cents to your other 2 cents you will have 4 cents. Still not much.

Flatliner
03-03-2011, 21:25
There is a responsibility that comes with carrying. It is actually much easier NOT to get angry when carrying in my opinion. At least that is my observation from personal experience.

bigman241
03-03-2011, 21:41
Like flatliner said below, everything comes to you different, I got in disagreement with a guy who works with us, in that moment before I knocked his head I off I thought things through and about the fact I had a gun on my belt. Maybe you should carry so you do not give the finger to someone or argue with someone over something stupid, you see things the way you do and do not seem to be open minded enough to look at real life, you seem to be stuck in the movies.

You said "[There are many violent people out there and in some situations I suppose more violence could be seen as the answer" What is your answer for the guy who breaks into your house to kidnap your daughter, or they guy who you flip off and he chases you down and intends to stap you to dealth, or just the simple robbery gone wrong. Show me the numbers, you making general points about the very very small part of gun ownership. Seems to me your a small minded idiot, NOW I WILL GET OFF MY SOAP BOX QUOTE=Clernix;442168]"have been carrying for a week now, can not believe just how much it changes you thinking, when you go in place, have someone try to argue with you or give you the finger going down the road"

If I give someone the finger will they shoot me? Or if I say the Steelers suck and we agrue will they shoot me for that?

I am sorry I had to poke a little fun at you Rambos and John Waynes. There are many violent people out there and in some situations I suppose more violence could be seen as the answer. If you look at the numbers though more family members get shot with privately owned legal weapons than crimals do. Having a weapon affect your emotional state or your ability to control anger is questionable. If you are incapable of self control then how will you avoid making a bad choice in the use of the weapon?

Just my 2 cents[/QUOTE]

bigman241
03-03-2011, 21:42
I agree, had you not misquated me and been to closed minded to really read what I said, he is trying to make it seem like I said the exect opp. to what I said.

On a side note, sorry to turn this into a argument, did not mean the thread to be one, maybe the gun stuff was better left off scubatoys
There is a responsibility that comes with carrying. It is actually much easier NOT to get angry when carrying in my opinion. At least that is my observation from personal experience.

navyhmc
03-03-2011, 23:00

Just my 2 cents

My thoughts on a few of your comments: If you flip me off while dirving or something of that nature, you will never know if I'm carrying concealed. But diss my Packers: Still nothing, we won the superboowl...:smiley36: The sad fact is that even if there was no leagal concealed carry, you are still at risk for getting shot for simple transgressions or even no reason at all. If you think about it, someone who legally goes through the classes and the red tape to legally carry, he's not the guy you have to worry about - it's those that don't care about the law to begin with.

And the your statement: "If you look at the numbers though more family members get shot with privately owned legal weapons than criminals do. " is a misnomer at best. It has been shown that this statistic was pulled pretty much out of thin air by the brady bunch. A good read is Gun Fact's : http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/publicfiles/GunFacts_BFA.pdf

A good read and free to download. If you look at it, make a note of page 26:

Myth: Handguns are 43 times more likely to kill a
family member than a criminal

Fact: Of the 43 deaths reported in this flawed study, 37 (86%) were suicides. Other deaths involved criminal activity between the family members (drug deals gone bad).148

Fact: Of the remaining deaths, the deceased family members include felons, drug dealers, violent spouses committing assault, and other criminals.149
Fact: Only 0.1% (1 in a thousand) of the defensive uses of guns results in the death of thepredator.150 This means you are much more likely to prevent a crime without bloodshed than hurt a family member.

Clernix
03-04-2011, 07:01
The examples I gave were examples just that, I don't flip people off going down the road and don't start arguments over football (didn't the Stleelers lose?). My point which seems to have been missed is there any offense in normal life where a weapon is needed? I am 43 years old 6'5" and weigh 310lbs. If you put your hands on me your will regret it. If you flip me off or argue with me I could care less. You have the right to flip me off and the right to argue. My point was you were giving examples of simple things and saying how haveing a weapon would change how you acted.

Numbers can be misleading that means "all numbers" no matter who collects the data.

I am not for or against guns the law says you can carry them as long as it says that have at it. I have gone to the range a few times with friends and enjoyed popping of a few rounds. I am not non-violent when its needed I'll defend myself not with a gun in a normal situation.

No matter what you argue for the reason you have a gun for self protection or what ever if a gun makes you feel something that is an issue and that is the point I am trying to make.

TwistedSister209
03-04-2011, 07:50
Sig P238 with custom holster.

navyhmc
03-04-2011, 13:06
My point which seems to have been missed is there any offense in normal life where a weapon is needed? I am 43 years old 6'5" and weigh 310lbs.

In my case, some crazy guy in a Walmart parking lot. He intended to rob me, was in the process of pulling a weapon out from the small of his back. The simple act of reaching for a concealed weapon made him stop mid-draw and take off. In Topeka, KS, a man walked into the middle of a hold-up and ended up shooting the criminal who made statemnts to the guy that he had intended to shoot and kill him and the clerk.

I'm 49, 5'7", 220 lbs, not a master of martial arts, haven't been in a fight in 20+ years, was not a good fighter when I was. So why should I go hands on when I can engage from a distance. How about a 5'0" 100 lbs female, do you think even as a black belt would be able to successfully defend herself against a 25 yo, 6' 5" 300lbs assailant? Shouldn't she be able to defend herself and grevious bodily harm? Should not I have the same benefit?

No matter what you argue for the reason you have a gun for self protection or what ever if a gun makes you feel something that is an issue and that is the point I am trying to make.

The other side of the point is that more than a few folks who have taken a CCW class and now carry realize that they do have a deadly weapon on their person and really, really don't want to use it. They will use it if they need to, but realize that taking a more nonagressive/nonconfrontational stance is definitely the way to go.

Clernix
03-04-2011, 14:35
My point is again being missed even though I summarized it in two sentances. Navy HMC I am sure that you and probably everyone in this forum observe the local laws and are responsable gun owners. There are times when a gun might be needed in my 43 years I have never needed one but we all walk in different shoes. Should a woman protect herself with a weapon if needed of course she should as should anyone else if they choose to do so.

My point is the OP made the comment:

"I have been carrying for a week now, can not believe just how much it changes you thinking, when you go in place, have someone try to argue with you or give you the finger going down the road."

My first response may have been filled with sarcasm and I appoligize if anyone was offended it was "off the cuff" but come on.

SEMO Scuba
03-04-2011, 20:36
I don't think the point of the OP was really clear. I think he meant that he was much less likely to be drawn into a confrontation because he is armed. Being armed makes you realize that you need to try to avoid confrontations. So when some jackass pisses you off with his aggressive driving you just let it pass. You don't give him the finger even though you want to. Because if you partake in actions that escalate a situation it could get out of hand. Lets say instead of letting it pass you do give the guy the finger. Maybe that guy follows you till you stop and approaches you with a baseball bat. What you going to do now?

Good firearms trainers will tell you to walk away if at all possible. Avoid the confrontation if you can. Run away if you can. Only use your weapon if you or another are in danger of serious bodily harm or death. I get a little tired of some people calling citizens that exercise their legal right to carry John Wayne or Rambo. They are not trying to be Rambo, they are just taking measures to be able to keep themselves and perhaps their loved ones safe.

You don't get to pick when or where some nut bag or dope head decides to rob, stab, shoot, beat, kill you or one of your family members, but you do have the opportunity to be prepared and trained to take action that may save your life or that of those you love.

bigman241
03-04-2011, 22:03
your correct, what I meant was that when you carry a gun, you rethink everything you say and do, if someone says I am going to kick your ass if you do not let me have that parking spot, I am likely to act different when carrying then not, you have to, a simple arguement or a few punches thrown can turn into a shooting. Like you said guy give you the finger you give him one back, next thing you know is he is pulling up to you at the pump and pulls out a knife, it happens everyday.
I don't think the point of the OP was really clear. I think he meant that he was much less likely to be drawn into a confrontation because he is armed. Being armed makes you realize that you need to try to avoid confrontations. So when some jackass pisses you off with his aggressive driving you just let it pass. You don't give him the finger even though you want to. Because if you partake in actions that escalate a situation it could get out of hand. Lets say instead of letting it pass you do give the guy the finger. Maybe that guy follows you till you stop and approaches you with a baseball bat. What you going to do now?

Good firearms trainers will tell you to walk away if at all possible. Avoid the confrontation if you can. Run away if you can. Only use your weapon if you or another are in danger of serious bodily harm or death. I get a little tired of some people calling citizens that exercise their legal right to carry John Wayne or Rambo. They are not trying to be Rambo, they are just taking measures to be able to keep themselves and perhaps their loved ones safe.

You don't get to pick when or where some nut bag or dope head decides to rob, stab, shoot, beat, kill you or one of your family members, but you do have the opportunity to be prepared and trained to take action that may save your life or that of those you love.

bigman241
03-04-2011, 22:04
ohh I did get me a new toy today, picked up a glock 17 9mm

Smashee
03-04-2011, 22:07
Like you said guy give you the finger you give him one back, next thing you know is he is pulling up to you at the pump and pulls out a knife, it happens everyday.

Not here it doesn't. All this thread has done is make me feel very glad I live in a country where things haven't broken to such an extent that wandering around armed to the teeth is considered necessary. Or even desirable.

Clernix
03-05-2011, 07:16
Well said Smashee

Vercingetorix
03-05-2011, 07:22
Not here it doesn't. All this thread has done is make me feel very glad I live in a country where things haven't broken to such an extent that wandering around armed to the teeth is considered necessary. Or even desirable.

Then, again, you don't have the option. In the US, we have the option to own a pistol should we choose to do so. Despite what you may read, the US is not the wild west and we are not a bunch of drug-addled gang members looking for a fight. We are not all armed to the teeth.

I'm glad you feel safe living in a country where your government protects you from all the bad things that might hurt you. I'm glad I have the right to own or not own a firearm.

Well said Smashee
Member of HCI, I assume. Sarah would be so proud.

bigman241
03-05-2011, 08:16
I do not know, I felt armed to the teeth last night, came home the 25 miles with a 45 on m y belt, 9mm sitting between my buddy and I and a mossberg 500 in the back seat, we made the joke as to how a stop by a cop would go," sir do you have any weapons" Ohh just a few officer"

I read the other day seems most countries go to the extreme either way, either not allowing guns at all, or here is a full auto ak47 go kill the american dogs, on the news they said in most Muslim countries it is common for one to own a full auto ak
Then, again, you don't have the option. In the US, we have the option to own a pistol should we choose to do so. Despite what you may read, the US is not the wild west and we are not a bunch of drug-addled gang members looking for a fight. We are not all armed to the teeth.

I'm glad you feel safe living in a country where your government protects you from all the bad things that might hurt you. I'm glad I have the right to own or not own a firearm.

Member of HCI, I assume. Sarah would be so proud.

Vercingetorix
03-05-2011, 08:27
I believe I said, "We are not all armed to the teeth." You, at least, have the option and second Amendment right to do so.

Concerning all Muslims with guns. Which news network? What source? Pretty broad statement without evidence. In Switzerland, by law all men (of draftable age) maintain an automatic assault weapon in their home.

Clernix
03-05-2011, 09:01
What kind of statement is that:
"I read the other day seems most countries go to the extreme either way, either not allowing guns at all, or here is a full auto ak47 go kill the american dogs, on the news they said in most Muslim countries it is common for one to own a full auto ak"

Are you friggen kidding me? You need to grow up or start posting this crap on the appropriate boards. This is an international forum of divers that means ALL DIVERS!!

Splitlip
03-05-2011, 09:19

Oh come on Smashee. We've all seen Crocodile Dundee. :smiley2:

Splitlip
03-05-2011, 09:25
I do not know, I felt armed to the teeth last night, came home the 25 miles with a 45 on m y belt, 9mm sitting between my buddy and I and a mossberg 500 in the back seat, we made the joke as to how a stop by a cop would go," sir do you have any weapons" Ohh just a few officer"

Careful. In Florida there are strict rules for carrying a weapon in an automobile. CC permit or no. Consult the statutes and maybe your instructor.

bigman241
03-05-2011, 10:22
In south west indiana right now, hoping to head back later this week, here they could care less, if you have a permit it or they can be loaded if not they have to be unloaded ammo out of reach of the gun, and I think locked, I have never locked mine, even without my permit, were our house in indiana is the area is rather rural, hunting, and farm land, everyone here owns a gun and alot of them carry, the cops seem ok as long as the gun is not concealed on or about your person and your better off unloaded.
Careful. In Florida there are strict rules for carrying a weapon in an automobile. CC permit or no. Consult the statutes and maybe your instructor.

bigman241
03-05-2011, 10:25
I did not mean it in a bad way against Muslims, honestly it is their right aswell as ours, the kill the american dogs was more a joke, from what the leader of libya has said lately, heck would not mind having one of the aks my self
What kind of statement is that:
"I read the other day seems most countries go to the extreme either way, either not allowing guns at all, or here is a full auto ak47 go kill the american dogs, on the news they said in most Muslim countries it is common for one to own a full auto ak"

Are you friggen kidding me? You need to grow up or start posting this crap on the appropriate boards. This is an international forum of divers that means ALL DIVERS!!

bigman241
03-05-2011, 10:34
if you read early law here it was the same, every able bodied man of age was to own a firearm, ammo for that firearm in preparation of a draft, again this was very early in the days of the country, I would guess the news was fox or msnbc, we watch both.
What I meant was in some countries like england and Australia I THINK, it is rather hard to get a gun, their restricted to the point of it taking years to get one, I know a guy out side of London I play xbox live with, he told me he applied for a handgun license 2 years ago, 2 denials and on his last chance to get it, he said most never receive one, but even with the level of control the criminals seem to find them. Where hear and alot of the middle east it is rather easy to get a gun, what I meant was alot people in say iraq, Israel, and even Egypt have weapons, I remember a story on fox news about a boy from iraq talking about how when his family lived there some racial insurgent tried to kidnap them and he said all he really remembered was his dad standing infront of the door with his ak47. I did not mean every one has a gun there to kill us, more because they have to, mainly because it has become the wild west for those people.

We hear of the luxury of owning and carrying a gun because we want to, not because we have to.

I think it is easy for someone to say you do not NEED a gun, or there is no need to carry one, when they have not been exposed to them, nor to the way the world works.
I believe I said, "We are not all armed to the teeth." You, at least, have the option and wecond Amendment right to do so.

Concerning all Muslims with guns. Which news network? What source? Pretty broad statement without evidence. In Switzerland, by law all men (of draftable age) maintain an automatic assault weapon in their home.

Zeagle Eagle
03-05-2011, 21:16

I agree with SEMO, I act differently when I carry. I always look for an out or a way for my "opponent" to save face and walk away or for me to walk away. I will not shoot someone unless I am afraid for my life or my friends and family. When you carry, you know you can defend yourself and it is a good feeling. I hope I will never ever have to use it; but, if I do I am ready. Much like my Octo or my Dive Alert, I hope never to have to use it; but, I am ready and practiced if I need it. It's akin to having a life insurance policy that pays full value.

bigman241
03-05-2011, 21:22
excetly, we all hope we do not need to use them, we are talking taking another life, not something one does without long thought. I think what I said was just took the wrong way I meant it to be. Yesterday at walmart a guy brushed my gun when walking way from the counter, I had my had on it without thought more reaction, when at the pawn shop buying my new glock a gentleman got to *** close for my comfort, I made sure I was standing so he could not reach it, he was not being so much rude or trying to get close, more just friendly and looking in the cases. I do not care what anyone says, it changes your thought process, for the good in my book. Just like diving, when we dive we are all using alittle more more caution then we normally do
I agree with SEMO, I act differently when I carry. I always look for an out or a way for my "opponent" to save face and walk away or for me to walk away. I will not shoot someone unless I am afraid for my life or my friends and family. I hope I will never ever have to use it.

Splitlip
03-07-2011, 17:58
http://earthhopenetwork.net/gun_control_works.jpg

scubagirlj
03-07-2011, 18:18
all i can say, i'm glad my little friends are in the range bag with mags separate from the firearms when i'm driving....and i'm only in my CAR! Where do these people COME FROM!!!!...if i was in my Freightliner with a 53ft...or even my 40 ft International......AAAAAAAARGH!

Splitlip
03-07-2011, 18:20
Ruger is coming out with a new pistol in honor of Obama. It will be named the “Union Worker”.

It doesn't work and you couldn't fire it if it did.

(I know, I know. I probably crossed a line, but funny non the less IMO.:))

FishFood
03-07-2011, 19:06
*chuckles*

Good stuff.

SEMO Scuba
03-07-2011, 19:35
Ruger is coming out with a new pistol in honor of Obama. It will be named the “Union Worker”.

Teacher asks her class "Does anyone know what tomorrow is?" Little Johnny raises his hand, so the teacher says "O.K. Johnny What is tomorrow?"

Little Johnny says "It's Presidents Day."

Teacher says "Do you know what is important about that?"

Little Johnny says "Yes, President Obama comes out of the White House and if he sees his shadow we have two more years of unemployment.":smilie39:

Ooops off topic.

scubagirlj
03-07-2011, 19:37
Teacher asks her class "Does anyone know what tomorrow is?" Little Johnny raises his hand, so the teacher says "O.K. Johnny What is tomorrow?"

Little Johnny says "Yes, President Obama comes out of the White House and if he sees his shadow we have two more years of unemployment.":smilie39:

Ooops off topic.:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39:

Vercingetorix
03-08-2011, 06:27
(off-topic)
Our current unemployment situation started years before the Whoite House was a twinkle in Obama's eye.
(/off-topic)

russp
03-09-2011, 09:53
The wife and I own four Smith and Wessons; a 1930 Model 1905, a Sigma 9mm, a 642 and a 442. I carry the 442, she carries the 642 (with factory pink grips).

russp
03-09-2011, 11:43

My question however is why do you choose to "carry"? I really don't get it and interested in hearing from those that do to understand why they feel the need to carry a gun. (Again, I'm not putting anybody down that does, I'm just interested in knowing the why because although I'm a gun lover, I don't have any real ambition to want to carry a weopon).

Snagel

My wife started carrying after two shootings in a year and a half where she works. I decided to carry because I work many nights in the downtown Dallas arts district. Even though that area is not bad, the areas I have to drive through getting home are not the best and thought the gun might make a difference in my safety if I should break down or get a flat some night.

bigman241
03-09-2011, 19:54
maybe off topic but dam funny, feel free to include a off topic obama joke in any thread of mine.

Ooops off topic.

bigman241
03-09-2011, 19:55
maybe but still funny, hey we took all the how dumb is bush joked, plus at least 2 tv series about it, I might have voted for him, but found both very funny.
(off-topic)
Our current unemployment situation started years before the Whoite House was a twinkle in Obama's eye.
(/off-topic)

bigman241
03-09-2011, 19:58
Maybe you did but hey this is why this country is great, you can make a off handed rude comment about your president get a laugh and some anger but not go to jail for it.

Zeagle Eagle
03-16-2011, 16:24
Why carry? If you do, What happens if you have to defend yourself. Very interesting read.

SEMO Scuba
03-22-2011, 20:51
Judy,
This isn't your handy work is it?

Armed Beauty Queen Fatally Shoots Intruder in Florida Home Invasion - FoxNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/22/armed-beauty-queen-fatally-shoots-intruder-florida-home-invasion/?cmpid=cmty_email_Gigya_Armed_Beauty_Queen_Fatally _Shoots_Intruder_in_Florida_Home_Invasion)

scubagirlj
03-22-2011, 21:06
Judy,

Armed Beauty Queen Fatally Shoots Intruder in Florida Home Invasion - FoxNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/22/armed-beauty-queen-fatally-shoots-intruder-florida-home-invasion/?cmpid=cmty_email_Gigya_Armed_Beauty_Queen_Fatally _Shoots_Intruder_in_Florida_Home_Invasion)
oh i could only wish.....!

navyhmc
03-23-2011, 01:37
Judy,

Tragic, though I can't help but wonder what went through his head as he was shot by a girl with a pink handgun. Hope her and her fiancee can come to terms with this and go on with their lives. As for the intruder, his cause of death should be "Poor victim selection"

Zeagle Eagle
03-27-2011, 20:25
Check it out! The Ruger LC9, woof, woof. Picked one up for my wife yesterday at the gun show. I liked it so much I went back to get one for myself and they were sold out.

Ruger® LC9™ Centerfire Pistol Models (http://ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html)

Add a Crimson Laser sight and you have the perfect carry (at least for me).

New Laser Sight for Ruger LC9 (http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/NewsEvents/NewLaserSightforRugerLC9/tabid/619/Default.aspx)

Zeagle Eagle
03-27-2011, 20:35
Tragic, though I can't help but wonder what went through his head as he was shot by a girl with a pink handgun. Hope her and her fiancee can come to terms with this and go on with their lives. As for the intruder, his cause of death should be "Poor victim selection"
What went through his head? I imagine it was a .38 caliber.
Cause of death: He died naturally. If you try to rob/rape a woman with a gun "naturally" she is going to shoot you.