PDA

View Full Version : best place to download music

bigman241
03-06-2011, 09:11
I am having a new dvd, nav, cd player installed in my jeep wensday, and had a question. I am not much of a mp3/ipod guy so where do you guys get your music, be it free and on the down low:smiley2: or where you pay by the sound

divingmedic
03-06-2011, 10:28
Limewire might still be up and running. I used to get a lot from the early napster. But I started paying for music years ago. You never know what quality you get a free download.

DevilDiver
03-06-2011, 10:59
Some of the peer to peer sites (like Limewire) will have corrupted or infected files so be careful. I use a site out of Russia for a lot on downloads for the past 2 years, they are not "restricted" by the "price fixing" regulations that you will find on the US sites plus the files are full CD quality not uploads from some teenager "sharing" music. I have never had issues with payments or downloads, just saying since it is a Russian site.

Download mp3 music! (http://www.gomusicnow.com/)

Let me know what you think..........

FishFood
03-06-2011, 11:42
I used a Russian site years back with good results, before it (and its successors) were all shut down. They *said* they were paying royalties, but you know...

Im not condoning stealing music, but I'd download off the Gnutella network (Limewire, Frostwire, etc) or Torrents before making a Russian con rich. Programs such as Frostwire allow you to see the bandwidths available before downloading. CD quality won't be there except for the more popular stuff, but most people don't want CD quality anyhow.

As for tunes in the vehicle, satellite radio all the way for me. Well worth the money IMO.

snagel
03-06-2011, 11:59
Agree with DD on the Limewire. I've rebuilt my sons puter twice now due to corrupt files gaining access through the Limewire site.

bigman241
03-06-2011, 12:46
ya I had limewire **** me three times, I stopped using it when I downloaded 20 kiss songs and 19 had viruses on them. I downloaded a program early called frostwire, guess it is similer to limewire, might be the same folks, 200 songs so far and no issues, unless my brothers computer I am on does not have a antivirus, in which case guess he will wish he had. LOL
I will check that out devildiver

bigman241
03-06-2011, 12:48
have not downloaded from there, but dam 9cents a song, better then the buck I found elsewere, heck I can buy most CDS I want for what it would cost to down load the whole cd
Some of the peer to peer sites (like Limewire) will have corrupted or infected files so be careful. I use a site out of Russia for a lot on downloads for the past 2 years, they are not "restricted" by the "price fixing" regulations that you will find on the US sites plus the files are full CD quality not uploads from some teenager "sharing" music. I have never had issues with payments or downloads, just saying since it is a Russian site.

Download mp3 music! (http://www.gomusicnow.com/)

Let me know what you think..........

FishFood
03-06-2011, 12:59
Frost wire runs off the same network and just as easily picks up malware. That being said, 99% of the time the malware is easily spotted. Proper downloading habits will keep you safe. Look for things such as...

1) proper file format
2) proper file size
3) proper bit rate
4) that the name of the file isn't that EXACT thing you searched for. This is a camouflage virus. These will also often times have 'full', 'ripped', 'cracked' etc at the end - trying to trick you.

scubagirlj
03-06-2011, 13:03
I used a Russian site years back with good results, before it (and its successors) were all shut down. They *said* they were paying royalties, but you know...

Im not condoning stealing music, but I'd download off the Gnutella network (Limewire, Frostwire, etc) or Torrents before making a Russian con rich. Programs such as Frostwire allow you to see the bandwidths available before downloading. CD quality won't be there except for the more popular stuff, but most people don't want CD quality anyhow.

As for tunes in the vehicle, satellite radio all the way for me. Well worth the money IMO.

thanx for reminding me, have to reactivate account with XM

Straegen
03-06-2011, 17:04
Friends are the best place with usenet/newsgroups coming in second. Newsgroups are not click and go like a lot of places. You are on your own for figuring it out though.

BTW, AllOfMP3 was incredible in the day. Napster was king at one point but I loved the consistency of those Russian services.

scubatrucker
03-06-2011, 19:31
I'm an iTunes guy. I have Napster but rarely use it. And occasionly use allmusic.com. I'll also go to the artists' website to get it there. The tunes I like are the independent singer/songwriter struggling artist so I don't mind paying to support their music.

bigman241
03-06-2011, 21:51
I would not mind paying to support the struggleing guy, but I think gene simmons gets enough money from the 1000 a pop VIP tickets, lol