PDA

View Full Version : stargate series(s)

bigman241
03-12-2011, 18:18
Has anyone watched the stargate series(s). I am a big fan and sad, pissed off, and just plan dumb founded that they cancled stargate universe, not the best, by hey better then a bunch of ghost hunting shows.

JLeFever
03-12-2011, 18:30
I've watched every episode and movie there is.
Loved those shows.
Syfy channel is dumb for canceling any of em.
Thank God for Netflix.
:-)

fire diver
03-12-2011, 18:31
I liked the original stargate series, but never could get into all the spin offs.

I like the original Ghost Hunters show, but the others all suck.

bigman241
03-12-2011, 18:42
if they end with no more movies or series, I will finish they few other shows I watch on syfy and never turn it on again.

bigman241
03-12-2011, 18:44
well I did just read a new movie is coming goes with Atlantis

JLeFever
03-12-2011, 18:58
SG1 was really good and Atlantis was good, but that new one sucked. The movies were pretty good too.

angie_nrs
03-12-2011, 20:30
Liked the first SG b/c I'm a huge Richard Dean Anderson fan. But, I LOVED the Atlantis series! I just bought all 5 seasons on DVD. I liked SG Universe too. Sad to see it go. I think they have 9 episodes left to air. Of all of them though, Universe was my least favorite.

bigman241
03-12-2011, 20:39
I agree it was my least fav aswell, I am going to get both series and the movies on dvd maybe universe when it rolls out. I think they went to startrak with it

rawalker
03-12-2011, 23:54
SG1 was really good and Atlantis was good, but that new one sucked. The movies were pretty good too.

I agree completely although I've kept watching in hope of improvement.

baywatch106
03-13-2011, 03:02
I liked the stories dealing with the ancients .... sad that's is ending.Atlantis felt like it was running out of stories.

Bert
03-13-2011, 10:55
Speaking of odd shows any one seen bar karma?

bigman241
03-13-2011, 19:42
I had the idea and posted this on the SG site

I know SGU was not the best, honestly I liked the plant based focus on gate travel series more, I grew into it. I loved SG1 from the start, I hated SGA at the start but grew to love it. I loved the movies, I think we are in for a reboot not a cancel, change things up and make it like SG1 and SGA, maybe another plant based show.

Or maybe take it to a new direction(and I want credit for this if I am the first to say so) do a series about the beginning, no not the start of the SGC the start of the gate with ancients and how they built the gate and used it to build who and what they were. Maybe include Atlantis and it's building. Then you could bring in the go the start of the Goa'uld force, the building of the first replicators, and the start of the war with the wraith. More gate travel, more battles even in space traveling to and from earth and Atlantis, plus the bulk fire power of the ancients.

Or pick up where SGA left off and do a series with Atlantis on earth, the people find out about the gate and the city of the ancients and a new badguy or hell more ori.

ANYTHING BUT SYFY WITHOUT STARGATE WHAT EVER

I like the idea any way
I liked the stories dealing with the ancients .... sad that's is ending.Atlantis felt like it was running out of stories.

SlvrDragon50
03-13-2011, 22:31
I loved SGU. So sad that it got canceled.

I really liked the more serious approach compared to SG-1 and Atlantis but I do miss Richard Dean Anderson's quirky character.