PDA

View Full Version : red dawn remake of the remake not yet release

bigman241
03-17-2011, 02:08
Yeap their making a remake of the movie red dawn. LOVED it when I was a kid and still do now. I watched it a few months back. I guess the Chinese invade us this time. Ohh no wait the north Koreans do, I guess their army has the man power :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39::smilie39:

the makers digitally cut NK flags over the Chinese and re did some voices to make it look like the NK had invaded us :smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: .

Still I just hope it is half as good as the first one :smiley5:

Good news: “Red Dawn” remake changes villains from China to North Korea Hot Air (http://hotair.com/archives/2011/03/16/good-news-red-dawn-remake-changes-villains-from-china-to-north-korea/)

TJDiver
03-17-2011, 07:22
I don't get it. The "original villians" were never Chinese in the first Red Dawn...they were the Soviets. Am I just having a senile moment? How could they change Chinese to NK if the Chinese were never in the original? :dunno:

emclean
03-17-2011, 07:55
I don't get it. The "original villians" were never Chinese in the first Red Dawn...
original in the remake. not the original original.

navyhmc
03-17-2011, 07:58
As I recall, they did a remake with the chinese as the bad guys. All I know is you really can't replace Swazey as the Wolverine leader.

I still remember seeing the original, as unlikely as it ws, it had a ring of reality to it as it could indeed happen. Though I don't think you;ld have only one band of rebels. Given how many retired and former military out there, it would be hard to comabat all the partisans.

Flatliner
03-17-2011, 08:34
I loved the original, I didn't realize there had been a remake.

bigman241
03-17-2011, 09:23
the remake is close to release, sometime later this year. In the remake they replaced the Russians with Chinese, I guess they felt they were more of a threat, then when some Chinese companies had concern with being attached to a movie where their own army is killing civilians by the dozens and such the movie company changed them again to north Koreans I guess because there is little chance the movie will be in NK thus not costing them any ticket sales.

I agree navy swazy can not be replaced, they should do CCI and have him it in. LOL I also agree, should we be invaded we would make the afghan insurgents look like a pride rally. All of us who clung to our guns and religion would come out of the word work and god help the invading force.

TJDiver
03-17-2011, 09:28
original in the remake. not the original original.

That still didn't make sense until I did a bit of searching, and found that the remake everyone is talking about hasn't actually been released yet. So, if I now have this straight...they made a remake using the Chinese as bad guys, and before it could be released, they changed the bad guys to NK. Gottit!

TJDiver
03-17-2011, 09:30
Ah...Big beat me to it. Hey...so I'm slow...sue me. :smiley36:

Flatliner
03-17-2011, 13:18
The thing is, if we are going to be accurate, we need to change the title to "Red Forclosure"...

TJDiver
03-17-2011, 14:30
The thing is, if we are going to be accurate, we need to change the title to "Red Forclosure"...

Then they'd have to put the Chinese back in it. :smiley36:

bigman241
03-17-2011, 15:26
yeap, but it would be to close to the soon to be reality. SO when a country forecloses on another is the army the liquidators
Then they'd have to put the Chinese back in it. :smiley36:

Splitlip
03-17-2011, 16:22
I don't get it. The "original villians" were never Chinese in the first Red Dawn...they were the Soviets. Am I just having a senile moment? How could they change Chinese to NK if the Chinese were never in the original? :dunno:

Yup. "Who is on our side?" "600 Million screaming Chinamen." "Last I heard there a billion screaming Chinamen." "There 'were'."

Splitlip
03-17-2011, 16:23
I loved the original, I didn't realize there had been a remake.

same here.

navyhmc
03-17-2011, 22:01
I had heard they were making a do-over, but that's about it.

PlatypusMan
03-17-2011, 22:09
If you can, try and see a copy of Tomorrow, When the War Began which is an Australian take on Red Dawn.

They did a great job of hinting that the invading forces were of an Asiatic origin, but never defined exactly who they were.

PPM

bigman241
03-17-2011, 22:45
yeap my favorite line of the movie, even for a old movie, I love watching it now.
Yup. "Who is on our side?" "600 Million screaming Chinamen." "Last I heard there a billion screaming Chinamen." "There 'were'."

Korvette
03-17-2011, 23:13
Theres a new snag on the release, now they have to change everything to the North Koreans instead of the Chinese:

Red Dawn (2011) - News (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/news)

comet24
03-18-2011, 06:31
Theres a new snag on the release, now they have to change everything to the North Koreans instead of the Chinese:

Red Dawn (2011) - News (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/news)

A little late to the party.

TJDiver
03-18-2011, 07:04

Yeah, I remember the reference to the Chinese in the original, but I meant the Chinese were never in the original relative to the invading forces. And yeah...I liked that scene...real sobering to think of 400 million dead...even if it was just a movie.

divingmedic
03-18-2011, 10:02
I am waiting for Atlas Shrugged to come out next month.

FishFood
03-18-2011, 16:35
A little late to the party.

Chevys generally are...