PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye St. Croix!

mitsuguy
04-03-2011, 06:18
Today is our last day in St. Croix!!! We fly out tomorrow morning headed for the states for 4 months...

I'll give a trip report when I get a few minutes free (maybe on the 5 hour plane ride from Puerto Rico to Dallas?) :)

St. Croix was good to us - the island is amazing, the people are great, the diving is excellent, and honestly, there isn't a bad shop on the island... Different shops have different things they do, but none are bad, whatsoever...

To me, this is the perfect middle ground - US territory, Caribbean island, good diving, but probably not the best, expensive, but not ridiculous, etc. etc.

We'll be in Texas for almost 2 months, I'll keep an eye on the boards, maybe we can make it out to meet some of ya'll!

-Cody

Vercingetorix
04-03-2011, 06:27
Cody,

You make it sound like a permanent change. Yet, you say you'll be in the Sta 4 months. I'm a bit confused. So, are you going back? Or, after 4 months stateside, will you head somewhere else to be an instructor?

snagel
04-03-2011, 06:36
Hey Cody,

Keep us updated and send me a PM when you get back to Missouri. We need to do lunch or something.

Snagel

mitsuguy
04-03-2011, 06:40
Cody,

You make it sound like a permanent change. Yet, you say you'll be in the Sta 4 months. I'm a bit confused. So, are you going back? Or, after 4 months stateside, will you head somewhere else to be an instructor?

Yah, we'll be in the states for 4 months, but we most likely are not coming back here... Our plan is to find another cool little island somewhere to be instructors / captains!

Snagel - definitely... :)

Vercingetorix
04-03-2011, 06:59
Still livin' the dream. I love it!!! From Austin to Roataan to St Croix. It just keeps getting better. I've heard that CSSP in Terrell offers excellent diving conditions with abundant fish life and flora. Sunken wrecks, too.