PDA

View Full Version : New Garmin 1450

Zeagle Eagle
04-06-2011, 16:24
I bought a new Garmin 1450 GPS to replace my old Nuvi 660. Does anyone know an easy way to transfer my favorites (waypoints) to the new one?

Replacing the battery in my old one if Garmin did it was near $100, updating the maps about another $80 for another $20 I get a new a bigger GPS with lifetime map updates as well as free traffic info. I will sell the old GPS for a few bucks and break even.

navyhmc
04-06-2011, 21:23
I don't have a garmin - I use a more idiot prone Delorme PN-40 for both car, bike and trail. I did look at the manuals though and were it mine, I might look at transferring all you waypoints (Or POI's) to a SD Card and then see if that will readily transfer to the 1450. I'm thinking it shoiuld as both are NUVI's and the basic data package should be iehter the same or similar.

Thier website had a pretty good support area as well. Take a look there. There are two programs that might help you: Mapsource and on for transferring data.

scubagirlj
04-07-2011, 08:46
in all the miles i've driven,i think i've used a gps for maybe 10%....i have this weird sense of direction & ETA for places i've never been before....

Zeagle Eagle
04-07-2011, 10:00
I don't have a garmin - I use a more idiot prone Delorme PN-40 for both car, bike and trail. I did look at the manuals though and were it mine, I might look at transferring all you waypoints (Or POI's) to a SD Card and then see if that will readily transfer to the 1450. I'm thinking it shoiuld as both are NUVI's and the basic data package should be iehter the same or similar.

Thier website had a pretty good support area as well. Take a look there. There are two programs that might help you: Mapsource and on for transferring data.
My old one uses an SD card and the new one uses a micro SD card. I don't have a micro card reader yet. I read on a forum that Garmin has a program called map source that will do it. Plug in the old one and save the data to a file, then plug in the new one and upload the data. I am going to try that.

brojack17
04-07-2011, 10:55
Most micro SD cards have a full sized SD "adapter". This way, you can use it in both.

Dane-Elec DA-2IN1-02G-R Micro SD Flash Card with Adapter - 2GB, Class 2 at TigerDirect.com (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4662418&CatId=1579)