PDA

View Full Version : No Delay for Passport FYI

creggur
09-15-2007, 19:29
Thought I'd post this up if anyone is going to be getting a passport soon.

My wife and I got ours almost 6 weeks to the day from sending off for them.
I don't know if we got lucky or if they've worked through some of the backlog...

diversteve
09-15-2007, 19:40
They've caught up with the backlog as of last week:
http://origin.dailynews.com/news/ci_6831526

Phestr
09-15-2007, 22:11
Sweet! This is very good to know, as we were expecting a delay for a trip scheduled early spring. Thanx for the info!

Tableleg
09-15-2007, 22:25
Yea, that's funny... I applied for my passport in the beginning of Jan. this year, and I didn't get it until the end of March. :smiley36:

FyVe
09-15-2007, 23:12
i'm guessing u didn't expedite? it took my gf 3 months and a huge hassle to get hers cuz the post office lost her info, including her frickin $14 birth certificate we had to wait 3 hours to get. can u imagine the stress? sux... passport office needs help!! go apply guys!

picxie
09-16-2007, 02:54
6 weeks!!! Wow. Here it takes 10 days!! Or you have another two options if you need it quicker - I think there's a 3 day one, and an overnight one. But you really pay for it.

I'm going away in 3 weeks on a spur of the moment trip and needed to update my passport before I left as it expires soon and it needs to have at least 6 months left on it ... I sent it off last week and should have it in my hands this week. If I had to wait 6 weeks then I wouldn't be going anywhere!

creggur
09-16-2007, 07:42
No we didn't expedite, as the trip isn't until next February we knew we had plenty of time, but when we applied we were told 12 to 14 weeks. We were pleasantly surprised to get them back so quickly....

My sister expedited hers two weeks after we applied for ours and got her's back in just over 2 weeks, so the expedited process is moving quicker as well..

6 weeks!!! Wow. Here it takes 10 days!! Or you have another two options if you need it quicker - I think there's a 3 day one, and an overnight one. But you really pay for it.
I don't think they've ever been that quick here, but because of new laws about traveling to the Bahamas, Canada, etc...our system was experiencing massive delays because of the flood of applications...

chinacat46
09-16-2007, 07:46
When I renewed mine back 2004 it took less then two weeks and that wasn't expedited. Of course back then you didn't need one to get to Canada, Mexico and a number of places in the caribbean like you do now. So there was obviously less people doing it. I need to send mine back in soon to get extra pages.

coralcrazed
09-16-2007, 21:56
6 weeks. No way! Man I had to wait 3 months to get ones for our little one. Its funny how long it takes them tocatch up. seems like they should have been better prepared. judt my .02

jo8243
09-17-2007, 18:39
My son's took 5 months. A friend's took 4 months and he had to get the congressman involved to get it. My parents got theirs in 6 weeks. Go figure.

quarrydiver
09-17-2007, 21:38
My son's took 5 months. A friend's took 4 months and he had to get the congressman involved to get it. My parents got theirs in 6 weeks. Go figure.

Knew someone who also had to get the congressman involved. It was crazy, so many stories of missed trips and the stress involved in communicating through the bureaucracy. I'm glad it's getting easier.