PDA

View Full Version : Diving advice for Phuket please

Gragon
04-26-2011, 09:52
I am in Phuket now on vacation, (very last minute) and would be happy with any advice someone familiar with the area could give me on day trips, such as best sites to go to or boats to go with. Are the dive prices like the shops around here and they quote you twice the price they actually expect you to pay or are they pretty fixed?
I am kind of suprised, the brocures i have seen so far anyway are showing a day trip to run around $150 with the cost for hotels and everything else I expcted diving to be lower than that.
Thanks in advance for any answers.

TwistedSister209
04-26-2011, 10:04
Our own Quero runs Gekko Scuba Divers there in Phuket:

Gekko Scuba Divers | Phuket Thailand (http://www.gekkoscubadivers.com/)

She knows a lot about a lot and is very very nice! Give her a call. Tell her you posted on the forum. And that Twisted Sister says hi!

dawnvip
04-26-2011, 17:47
I haven't been to Thailand since 2006, but the prices shouldn't be that high. You should be able to bargain, especially if you plan on doing more than one day of diving.

I will second Twisted advice to call up Quero...

SEMO Scuba
04-26-2011, 21:35
If I were lucky enough to be there I would say Phucket the price and dive! I'm sure Quero can get you hooked up to dive.

Gragon
04-26-2011, 23:43
Oh I will definatley do some diving but price may control how much I can do (but mostly I was just surprised I seem to remember paying that or less in Australia a couple years ago). Trip was very last minute(IE went to work Monday and work said well we have no trips scheduled for you for next three weeks so Tuesday I was on a plane) so my play fund was not exactly prepared, plus how cheap the trip has been so far (frequent flier miles) my wife is going to seriously wonder what I've been up to if my daily expenses go from $50 a day with her here to $200+ once shes gone.

stevenl
04-28-2011, 00:22
Give me a call at 0800-408805 (Thais mobile number) or email @ [email protected]

150$ is a quite expensive trip BTW, there are many cheaper and very attractive alternatives.

Quero
04-28-2011, 01:10
Hey Gragon. Sorry I just saw your message now. To answer your questions, the cost of daytrips varies from one operator to the next, and from one destination to the next. A three-tank trip on one of the more expensive boats runs in the region of $125. That's without equipment rental, if you need it. There are also cheaper boats. The prices are set by the operators, for the most part, but if you are looking for multiple days of diving, we can trim that a bit.

I would be pleased to help you set up your daytrip diving to suit your needs. Just let me know! Shoot me an email or a PM and I'll get right to work for you.