PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news. Obama is an American!!

scubastud
04-27-2011, 20:12
This also just in...

"Donald Trump struggling to provide documents proving he isn't a festering pile of poo."

FishFood
04-27-2011, 22:51
Yep - Takes Obama two years to comply with the constitution (Oh but what president really cares about that anymore?) and trump is the bad guy. Only reason it came out is because it's nearly campaign season, don't be fooled.

Diver Kat
04-28-2011, 00:32
FF .... his birth certificate - a legal copy - has been out there for ages. They've been pitching a hissy over wanting to see the original 'long' version. The short version - of which Obama's has been made available - is what any NORMAL AMERICAN would use to get a passport, etc. And Donald Trump has made himself look like a total a$$ with all his posturing - including all the misinformation in his statements this morning. If he really wanted to blow a bunch of money, he could have used it for much better purposes than to hire investigators to look for Obama's "real' birth certificate. It's really ridiculous that all these politician have wasted time and money on something so stupid!

FishFood
04-28-2011, 00:57
No, the Certification of Live Birth has been out for ages. This may be good enough for some things in Hawaii, but IS NOT enough to show being a natural born citizen. The way in which a certification of live birth is obtained, and the lack of information is not a suitable replacement for the president to use to show he is a citizen. Obama has MADE this an issue by deliberately acting sketchy, then LAUGHING at anyone that dared hint at his citizenship status. It was a reelection tool to alienate his opponents from start to finish.

Both of these fine gentlemen are using this issue for political posturing. 2012 elections are the only reason Trump is making an issue, and why Obama is finally releasing it. Its obvious 2012 will be yet another round of JOKE elections. Might as well get hammered and go to the polling booth and pick random dots....

Smashee
04-28-2011, 03:44
So seeing as how this actually made the news over here (slotted between the "cute animal story" and "royal wedding story"), has Donald Trump actually produced a long-form, verifiable and complete copy of his?

Vercingetorix
04-28-2011, 06:39
FishFood, Obama complied with the Constitution years ago when he was vetted and proved his citizenship to the right people. It was only yesterday that he finally said, "oh screw it, here birthers, read this."

But, uh, don't let the facts get in the way of your anti-Obama rant. Votingt for Mr Trump or Ms Palin, are we?

Lulubelle
04-28-2011, 06:45
Yep - Takes Obama two years to comply with the constitution (Oh but what president really cares about that anymore?) and trump is the bad guy.

He complied with the constitutional requirement before he was elected. he wasn't required to show it to you. Has any other President done so? He should have known better than to think that providing the long form to the birther crowd would put anything to rest.

Lulubelle
04-28-2011, 06:46
It's really ridiculous that all these politician have wasted time and money on something so stupid!

And let's not forget..my tax dollars. And yours too FF.

buddha0724
04-28-2011, 06:48
Who really cares? Just more politicians doing nothing productive and wasting more money and time. Pure politics.

Maybe i am just crabby but i dont care one way or another. Dislike them all.

emclean
04-28-2011, 07:09
FishFood, Obama complied with the Constitution years ago when he was vetted and proved his citizenship to the right people. It was only yesterday that he finally said, "oh screw it, here birthers, read this."
which explains why he fought all the law suites about it over the last three years.

i never thought that he didn't have the proper documentation, it just seamed strange that Mr. open government would fight the law suites, instead of just producing the document

scubastud
04-28-2011, 07:54
lol.... Is it OK to agree with everyone?

Diver Kat
04-28-2011, 08:59

He complied with the constitutional requirement before he was elected. he wasn't required to show it to you. Has any other President done so? He should have known better than to think that providing the long form to the birther crowd would put anything to rest.
V & Lulu are correct .... do you REALLY think that Obama would have been able to run and be elected without providing the proper paperwork way back when???

Who really cares? Just more politicians doing nothing productive and wasting more money and time. Pure politics.

Maybe i am just crabby but i dont care one way or another. Dislike them all. Most of the time I'm right there with you ..... maybe we should round up ALL the politicians, send them off to Afghanistan, Iran (and anywhere else they've decided to jump into a war) and let them work on finishing what they started, and pay for it out of their own pocket. We can just start over from scratch around here.

As for Trump .... so now that he lost on the birther issue, he's switched to attacking Obama's education. I used to admire Trump's business success, but I'm having to really question is he really all that smart after all with all this crap he's spewing. It's not making him look very smart at all. And if he does really decide to run (and I'm with the doubters on this one) I can't wait to see how much information he really feels like releasing and how he feels when the 'other side' starts tearing into every little bit of his life from the day he was born. Bet he'll be more than a little angry and defensive!

Herbdb
04-28-2011, 09:10
Trump is a joke as a politician. I am a hard core conservative and would like nothing better than to see Obama dethroned. But if Trump or Palin are the best we can come up with, I will just stay home.

Someone has to get the budget under control. The Dems won't do it and so far the Republicans have not come up with a candidate who can win. Its very discouraging to see people sidetracked by nothing issues and not handling the important things.

Diver Kat
04-28-2011, 09:18
Its very discouraging to see people sidetracked by nothing issues and not handling the important things.
+1 :smiley20:

DiveHard
04-28-2011, 09:47
For any of us to be paying attention to the political bull taking place just shows how pigeon holed we really are as a nation.. We are being led around like the idiots we are behaving as.

The "FREE PRESS" is owned by the powerful and they use it to sway our opinions and keep us divided while they go ahead with their agenda to buy and sell us. LEFT or RIGHT!! The free press is suppose to keep the government in check!! Instead it is the propaganda tool used to sway and influence "OUR POWER" to vote. Meanwhile, they work to remove the only other power we have to keep them in line. The 2nd AMENDMENT!

Vote independent in 2012!! Will they "HEAR" you at the voting booth? Because I think they know they wont hear the report of a gun!! We already know they don't fear God. Why should they fear us? They all ready have us figured out like a jury at an OJ trial....See you in the soup line... Comrades

Vlane
04-28-2011, 10:05
Birthers' will never be happy the birth certificate issue, but the issue shouldn't matter that much. Like many of you said before he obviously showed the right people the right document prior to running for office. The fact that this issue is such a heated debate is a little ridiculous. Herbd sees the end goal of this issue, to distract voters. I haven't kept up with the Trump and Obama fiasco but it sounds like the attacks are already a waste of time and going to lead to a depressing election.

Personally, I'm getting tired of the politics lately, or maybe I'm just now realizing how things have been working for a long time. People are far too concerned with party lines and issues that shouldn't matter all that much, such as the birth certificate issue. How about instead we focus on some issues that are really going to affect the future of our country (budget issues, defense spending, obesity, or our troops)?

FishFood
04-28-2011, 10:32

But, uh, don't let the facts get in the way of your anti-Obama rant. Votingt for Mr Trump or Ms Palin, are we?

Yes Rick, because my last line CLEARLY shows me as a GOP fan boy. This is the problem with talking politics these days, you can't criticize one side without instantly being part of the other side.

And let's not forget..my tax dollars. And yours too FF.

Mr President has been the one wasting our tax dollars by simply not releasing the document. He ran on open government and has so far renigged on this promise. He claims the only reason he released the document was so that we wouldn't get distracted by side shows... He said this on OPRAH. See the irony?

Im not a birther by any means, but dislike the obvious fashion in which Obama used this issue for his own political gain instead of appealing to the people and releasing it. Expect more from your elected officials!

Someone has to get the budget under control. The Dems won't do it and so far the Republicans have not come up with a candidate who can win. Its very discouraging to see people sidetracked by nothing issues and not handling the important things.

The republicans are no more interested in budget control than the Dems. They may play like it during election time, but that's as far as it goes. To balance this budget one most cut social spending, which means losing votes. Neither side will do this....

V & Lulu are correct .... do you REALLY think that Obama would have been able to run and be elected without providing the proper paperwork way back when???

That's not the point. I dont give a damn if he's from Mars, but stop playing the American people and using this issue for political gain! Is no one else tired of politics as usual?

Herbdb
04-28-2011, 12:51

Actually, I think the news agencies, who would normally press for this type of documentation, were so in love with the idea of a black president that they didn't care. They helped characterize anyone who tried to get an answer as a wacko. This should have never had any traction at all, but the Dems made it work for them.

So to answer your question, no I don't think it was required of him, no one cared.

inventor
04-28-2011, 16:42
What about McCain? He wasn't born in the US and it was a non issue.

IndyDiver
04-28-2011, 17:01
I just made up a list of the top 100 things that I am concerned about concerning US politics, the direction of the country, the state of the economy, and the use of our military. Strange, whether or not I have personally seen the presidents original birth certificate did not make the list.

Also not making the list: Anything related to Donald Trump, the Royal Wedding, or Snooki.

IndyDiver
04-28-2011, 17:03
lol.... Is it OK to agree with everyone?

Sorry, too late. :smiley36:

Herbdb
04-28-2011, 18:00

Tell the whole story not just part of it. McCain was born the son of an officer serving OUR country overseas at a United States Military installation. You may or may not like his politics, but John McCain is undoubtedly an American hero who suffered greatly as a result of his service to his country.

But then I am sure community political organizers have their stories too. Mean dogs, sore feet, sore throat from talking too much, etc.

Straegen
04-28-2011, 18:04
Mr President has been the one wasting our tax dollars by simply not releasing the document. He ran on open government and has so far renigged on this promise. He claims the only reason he released the document was so that we wouldn't get distracted by side shows... He said this on OPRAH. See the irony?Not sure how he wasted dollars holding back the long form other than some fairly stupid people going on and on about how he wasn't a citizen. IMO he already supplied more information than virtually any president before him on the subject. Also, I completely understand why he didn't release the documentation earlier. He likely found the arguments to be ridiculous and USUALLY the best way to stop crap like this is to not engage in it.

IMO many "Birthers" are those people who simply cannot stand to be wrong about anything despite even overwhelming evidence. They also tend to be the people that say the sky is falling all the time so when it finally does they have their "I told you so moment" and completely ignore how many times they get it wrong.

Im not a birther by any means, but dislike the obvious fashion in which Obama used this issue for his own political gain instead of appealing to the people and releasing it. Expect more from your elected officials!I don't see how this is to his advantage? Had he waited till election season and tripped up the rep nominee with the info that would have been political gain and IMO a good political maneuver.

The republicans are no more interested in budget control than the Dems. They may play like it during election time, but that's as far as it goes. To balance this budget one most cut social spending, which means losing votes. Neither side will do this....Props from me to those republicans putting Medicare on the chopping block in a future budget. I don't agree with the method, but at least they are willing to touch that hot topic. I also think the strides reversing union powers at the state level has been impressive. Again would not have been my move but some certainly aren't afraid to get dirty to resolve budget shortfalls.

Beefcake
04-28-2011, 19:47
I must be a little dense; what is a "birther?" I'm not familiar with the term.

IndyDiver
04-28-2011, 22:57
I must be a little dense; what is a "birther?" I'm not familiar with the term.

Someone who believes that Obama was not eligible to run for president because he was not born on US soil. They contest the evidence of his birth in Hawaii and claim he was more likely born in Kenya or Indonesia.

Given the current evidence, being a birther is about the same as being a member of the Flat Earth Society.

scubastud
04-28-2011, 23:34
Here guys. Get your own Hawaiian Birth Cert!

Jim Sharpe - Fox News Radio 550 KFYI (http://www.kfyi.com/pages/jimsharpe.html?article=8496892)

Skred
04-29-2011, 07:49
Given the current evidence, being a birther is about the same as being a member of the Flat Earth Society.

Now that's funny!! :smilie39:

bigman241
04-29-2011, 07:53
actually there was a issue with that, I guess some paper not signed by the right person saying he was in fact born here. A big opps nothing more but still, I see no reason why we should not see a long form on any one in a government office.

I think some are just out for any reason to push the guy out, not saying I would not be happy to see him leave, but not for any birth cert reason. They released it because a high ranking public person pushed it to far, and because it will now be a non issue come 2012.

bigman241
04-29-2011, 07:54
:smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39::smilie39: :smilie39: now thats funny,

Jim Sharpe - Fox News Radio 550 KFYI (http://www.kfyi.com/pages/jimsharpe.html?article=8496892)

FishFood
04-29-2011, 09:56
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x438/Sakbut/OBAMAS-BIRTH-CERTIFICATE.jpg

IndyDiver
04-29-2011, 10:28

Not really interested in a Hawaiian birth certificate. Do you have a link to a site where I can get a Donald Trump toupee?

Diver Kat
04-29-2011, 13:00
Not really interested in a Hawaiian birth certificate. Do you have a link to a sight where I can get a Donald Trump toupee?
AND .... was it 'born' in the US? Most likely China or the Philippines or Taiwan or Mexico .....:smilie39:

Smashee
04-29-2011, 15:41
His suits are definitely born in China. So, no problem with China "Raping the US" as long as you're in on it then, Don?

"China Is Raping This Country" - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast (http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2011/04/china-is-raping-this-country-ctd.html)

Zeagle Eagle
04-29-2011, 21:09
McCain was born in the US. US military bases are part of the US. McCain is more American than you are. He is a true hero. I didn't vote for him; but, he is a hero nonetheless.

Smashee
04-29-2011, 22:43
US military bases are part of the US.

Not all of them are. I can think of plenty that *think* they might be, but in reality are still owned by governments of the various countries they're in.

KO-Texas
04-29-2011, 22:56
McCain was born in the US. US military bases are part of the US. McCain is more American than you are. He is a true hero. I didn't vote for him; but, he is a hero nonetheless.

Regardless of political views... The McCain family has long line of heroes!!
We did a presentation on John McCain for a class project. WoW was I surprised to learn of all he has done for America. He is a true hero, as was his father and Grandfather!
Anyone here heard of the USS McCain? I know where the name came from :smiley2:

KO

Vercingetorix
04-30-2011, 07:17
FishFood, you owe me a new keyboard. I loved your picture of certificate and markup. Spewed coffee all over keyboard. The "born on a farm" was the best comment.

fire diver
04-30-2011, 11:35
Not all of them are. I can think of plenty that *think* they might be, but in reality are still owned by governments of the various countries they're in.

It doesn't matter that the US leases the land in foriegn nations that ourbases sit on. That land is still considered soveriegn soil so long as we occupy it. Anyone born on that base is still considered automatically a US citizen.

FishFood
04-30-2011, 12:37
FishFood, you owe me a new keyboard. I loved your picture of certificate and markup. Spewed coffee all over keyboard. The "born on a farm" was the best comment.

You laugh at the hard scientific evidence that I have presented? :smiley5:

:smiley2:

Straegen
05-02-2011, 00:23
His suits are definitely born in China. So, no problem with China "Raping the US" as long as you're in on it then, Don?

"China Is Raping This Country" - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast (http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2011/04/china-is-raping-this-country-ctd.html)

IMO China is more like the hooker with American Corporations and Wallstreet being the pimps. Not sure where the blame rests ultimately but we aren't going to solve the problem as long as the Johns, Pimps and "Hoes" are getting what they want out of the arrangement. Unfortunately I think at the end of the day we will end up owing the pimps, daydreaming about the whoring, feeling guilty about giving up so much for so little and wondering if we will be able to scrape up enough money to go another round.

McCain was born in the US. US military bases are part of the US. McCain is more American than you are. He is a true hero. I didn't vote for him; but, he is a hero nonetheless.Interesting, so we have ratings of how "American" we are? I find citizens who call other citizens dissenting from their opinion "Un-American" to fall into a similar category. IMO to use those terms shows on some level an ignorance to exactly what being an American is and what our constitution means. Not all uses fall under that assessment and some are simply used to make a point (as I assume your reference was) and in that matter I have no issue. However I do believe too many misuse and simply falsely believe there are different levels of being American. Like somehow putting a magnetic sticker of a flag on my car or wearing a flag pin makes me "more American".

scubastud
05-02-2011, 06:55
As much as it pains me (:smiley36:) I must agree with Straetgen. To say McCain is more american than he is is out of line. (and I should know "out of line!).

To lighten things up, here is a totally unrelated picture.

no.. I will not comment. Too easy.

TJDiver
05-02-2011, 10:50
As much as it pains me (:smiley36:) I must agree with Straetgen. To say McCain is more american than he is is out of line. (and I should know "out of line!).

To lighten things up, here is a totally unrelated picture.

no.. I will not comment. Too easy.

Well...had I known it was gonna be THAT kind of wedding, I might have been more inclined to tune in...sooooo, when's the video being released?:smiley36:

Davetowz
10-30-2012, 01:19
Why did this show up as a new post, last was may 11. Besides we all know that obama is a sith. Vote happy my friends

Straegen
10-30-2012, 09:52
Strange it popped up and somewhat ironic to call Obama a Sith I would think. Sith believe in absolute power and use slavery as a means to that end. Just saying...

navyhmc
10-30-2012, 16:42
Strange it popped up and somewhat ironic to call Obama a Sith I would think. Sith believe in absolute power and use slavery as a means to that end. Just saying...

But if he WAS a Sith: As Yoda said: "Always two there are, no more, no less: a master and an apprentice." is he the master....or the apprentice? Such thoughts, scare you they do? Hmmmm?

BRsnow
11-01-2012, 13:19
What did the American who shot up the Sith temple in Milwaukee believe. That, as it took place should scare you.

BRsnow
11-01-2012, 13:20
Or perhaps the child wedding and such of the Mormon Leaders Church in Texas, do you recall those events in the recent past? What is the other candidates background? LOL.

chinacat46
11-01-2012, 14:50
steal your ...

navyhmc
11-02-2012, 01:02
That's mean China....good, but mean.

Rich Keller
11-17-2012, 05:54
This also just in...

"Donald Trump struggling to provide documents proving he isn't a festering pile of poo."

I do not care what Forrest Trump thinks.