PDA

View Full Version : Norfork Bridge

snagel
09-16-2007, 09:13
I didn't want to hijack a previous thread that touched on this, but I never heard about a bridge at Norfork. Any more information would be great. The previous thread said it was about 60 feet? That's doable for me, not like the Kimberling City Bridge which I think is about 140. Does anybody have GPS on this and/or more information (Norfork that is)?

S. Nagel

Kidder
09-16-2007, 10:08
Bring the payne was going to dive there this weekend. You could PM him and ask.

Charlotte Smith
09-17-2007, 07:04
I didn't want to hijack a previous thread that touched on this, but I never heard about a bridge at Norfork. Any more information would be great. The previous thread said it was about 60 feet? That's doable for me, not like the Kimberling City Bridge which I think is about 140. Does anybody have GPS on this and/or more information (Norfork that is)?

S. Nagel
I dove the old 62 bridge in Norfork Lake this weekend and the bridge road bed is at 54 feet and about 6 feet below the thermocline and the vis was fantastic if you stay off the silt! it was 66 degrees down there and I have some pics of my husband and his buddy on the old dirt-bike that is on the bridge. My husband was a little cool due to the lack of hair on his head but the water felt great in my 5 mil....but thats just me... I will post some pics as soon as I can. OBTW the bridge is just out from Norfork Marina at Henderson, AR.

Charlotte Smith
09-17-2007, 07:42

S. Nagel
I dove the old 62 bridge in Norfork Lake this weekend and the bridge road bed is at 54 feet and about 6 feet below the thermocline and the vis was fantastic if you stay off the silt! it was 66 degrees down there and I have some pics of my husband and his buddy on the old dirt-bike that is on the bridge. My husband was a little cool due to the lack of hair on his head but the water felt great in my 5 mil....but thats just me... I will post some pics as soon as I can. OBTW the bridge is just out from Norfork Marina at Henderson, AR.
I do have GPS for all the sights if anyone is interested..

Bring the Payne
09-17-2007, 19:17
I don't have the GPS for the bridge...I dove it two weeks ago with another guy who had all the info. It really shouldnt be too hard to find though. If you know where Henderson Park is.....you can do a shore dive from the point there and its out towards the current bridge in about 60 feet of water. I think my computer had me at 67 ft at one point in 59 degree water. I was more than comfortable in a 6mm suit, 3mm gloves and 3 mm hood.

Charlotte Smith
09-17-2007, 21:12
I don't have the GPS for the bridge...I dove it two weeks ago with another guy who had all the info. It really shouldnt be too hard to find though. If you know where Henderson Park is.....you can do a shore dive from the point there and its out towards the current bridge in about 60 feet of water. I think my computer had me at 67 ft at one point in 59 degree water. I was more than comfortable in a 6mm suit, 3mm gloves and 3 mm hood.
You're right it isn't hard to find and if you have a depth finder and GPS you can actually hook the railing with an anchor pretty easily! It was a great dive Sunday.

cummings66
09-18-2007, 17:59
Post some numbers for those of us far away from there who don't know where the park is. After my hand heals up I'd like to dive there.

Charlotte Smith
09-18-2007, 21:22
Post some numbers for those of us far away from there who don't know where the park is. After my hand heals up I'd like to dive there.
I will post after the weekend...we have a place at the lake and we leave everything there but I will write them down for you and post Sunday night or Monday morn...

snagel
09-20-2007, 19:28
Yes, please do post the numbers.

S. Nagel

Bring the Payne
09-20-2007, 21:00
I'll be diving there this weekend so I'll let you know if Charlotte doesnt get back to you first.

Charlotte Smith
09-20-2007, 23:44
I'll be diving there this weekend so I'll let you know if Charlotte doesnt get back to you first.
Aren't you coming this weekend? if so I will give them to you then instead of Sun or mon....pm you with my cell number

Bring the Payne
09-20-2007, 23:49
Aren't you coming this weekend? if so I will give them to you then instead of Sun or mon....pm you with my cell number

Yeah Im coming but I meant I can post some info for Nagel unless you get to it first.

Charlotte Smith
09-20-2007, 23:54

Yeah Im coming but I meant I can post some info for Nagel unless you get to it first.
Ohhhhhh ok I guess I am sleepy...at least thats the story I am sticking with....

Bring the Payne
09-21-2007, 00:08
Don't worry about it, I don't have any room to talk. You saw what happened to my english the other night when I got tired.