PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Disabled diver experience

Scuba Newbie
05-13-2011, 12:21
My family is newly certified and going in two weeks to Grand Cayman. We have a son with spina bifida that is HSA certified. We were wondering if any of you guys are familiar with a dive company down there that has experience with disabled divers. Also, any information someone might have about companies with boats that might be fairly easy to get to ie. not a ton of sand to push a chair thru between parking lot and water. Any suggestions or information is welcome.

PlatypusMan
05-13-2011, 17:26
My family is newly certified and going in two weeks to Grand Cayman. We have a son with spina bifida that is HSA certified. We were wondering if any of you guys are familiar with a dive company down there that has experience with disabled divers. Also, any information someone might have about companies with boats that might be fairly easy to get to ie. not a ton of sand to push a chair thru between parking lot and water. Any suggestions or information is welcome.

Contact the Diveheart Foundation at Diveheart Foundation Official Website (http://diveheart.org/) .

They do training dives in Grand Cayman, so they will have a good amount of sources to send you to.

PPM

navyhmc
05-14-2011, 06:15
I know a local dive instructor who's son has mild spina bifida and I'll dop him a line for you.

Scuba Newbie
05-16-2011, 11:07
Thanks, I'll look into it!