PDA

View Full Version : Scuba Toys service is second to none.

JLeFever
05-17-2011, 11:48
I just wanted to say thank you to Scuba toys for their great customer service.

I sent in my reg set [mk16/S550] to get annual service prior to my trip to Grand Turk in a few weeks.
Sent it in on May 3rd from Myrtle Beach,SC and got it back on the 16th.
[9 business days total]
Would have been faster but the weekends and UPS don't mix.

I hooked it up to my tank last night and the S550 was leaking a little and I could hear it hissing.
Put it under the water in the sink and it was bubbling pretty good.

I called this morning and talked to the guys at ST and they asked if I wanted to send it back in for re-adjustment or they could walk me through the adjustment on the phone.
I chose over the phone since i'm so close to leaving on my trip in 16 days.
They stuck with me through each step and stayed on the line til i got my tools and did the work, and helped me adjust it so there was no more leak.
It was a Very easy process.
They had it working flawlessly in about 3 minutes.
It breathes like butter now and no leak.

Can't say thank you enough to Wade and all the guys at ST.
All dive shops could learn a few things from ST on service.
I have 3 different dive ops within 30 miles of me, but I choose ST all the way.
Thanks again, JLeFever

KO-Texas
05-17-2011, 19:19
I just wanted to say thank you to Scuba toys for their great customer service.

I sent in my reg set [mk16/S550] to get annual service prior to my trip to Grand Turk in a few weeks.
Sent it in on May 3rd from Myrtle Beach,SC and got it back on the 16th.
[9 business days total]
Would have been faster but the weekends and UPS don't mix.

I hooked it up to my tank last night and the S550 was leaking a little and I could hear it hissing.
Put it under the water in the sink and it was bubbling pretty good.

I called this morning and talked to the guys at ST and they asked if I wanted to send it back in for re-adjustment or they could walk me through the adjustment on the phone.
I chose over the phone since i'm so close to leaving on my trip in 16 days.
They stuck with me through each step and stayed on the line til i got my tools and did the work, and helped me adjust it so there was no more leak.
It was a Very easy process.
They had it working flawlessly in about 3 minutes.
It breathes like butter now and no leak.

Can't say thank you enough to Wade and all the guys at ST.
All dive shops could learn a few things from ST on service.
I have 3 different dive ops within 30 miles of me, but I choose ST all the way.
Thanks again, JLeFever

That has been my experience with Scuba Toys as well! :smiley20: Other than helping me to empty my bank account, they have been awesome... Oh WAIT- they were very helpful, even with that too :smiley2: BUT it's like I tell my SO, I got the very best life support gear available for the absolute best price :smiley20: :smiley32: :smiley20:

You know, it was a crappy dive shop that turned me off to diving years ago. Now that I have found Scuba Toys and some great dive buddies at University Scuba- I forever curse that shop for the years I have missed!!!

KO