PDA

View Full Version : Help rebuild St. Mary's School

DivingCRNA
05-25-2011, 17:41
Fellow divers,

First I want to thank you for all your concern, wishes and prayers. They mean a great deal to me. I have been very busy the last few days. They are now turning away many volunteer efforts until search and recovery is done.

I have stories to tell, but it is not the time or the place.

What I am currently focused on is the destruction of my children's school. The story and photo is here: Diocese of Springfield - Cape Girardeau at 601 South Jefferson Ave., Springfield, MO 65806-3143 US - Home (http://home.catholicweb.com/diocspfdcape/) . This school held preschool to 5th grade and is a wonderful school. My daughter will enter 2nd grade in the fall and my son will be in 6th grade at St. Peter's Middle school (which was undamaged). The school is a total loss. People have been asking me what they can do. Here it is:

What you can do to help is either Paypal funds to me at DonB_crna@sbcglobal.net or send funds to Jacss.org.

DivingCRNA
05-25-2011, 17:44
Here is my thanks. I had to use my phone due to no Internet at home.

God Bless.

Divingcrna. AKA Don Beissel

navyhmc
05-25-2011, 22:06
Consider it done! Donations headed that way.

DivingCRNA
05-26-2011, 12:41
If you are concerned this is a scam, please mail donations to:

JACS
930 Pearl
Joplin, MO 64801

Use google earth and see that this is McAuley high school and next to St. Peters Church.

If the mail is too much effort, anything paypal'd to me will be delivered by me to the school.

If you are looking for a way to help, this is a great one. We have plenty of food, water and clothes. Squirrel and I spent last night distributing these items

DivingCRNA/ Don

flipcop
05-26-2011, 14:24
Hopefully everyone will help. You are in our prayers.

TwistedSister209
05-26-2011, 20:03
Thanks for letting us know how we can help!
Our prayers are with you.

bennerman
05-26-2011, 20:36
Thanks for, first of all, letting us all know you're ok.

Donations will come as I actually manage to acrew monetary sustenance

EDIT: Just saw the church, I think there is something to be said that, after all that, the cross is still standing

Rileybri
05-26-2011, 20:37
I am a skeptical new englander and even I know this is not a scam. We are having a BIG neighborhood Garage Sale on the 4th. we will be splitting the proceeds of our sale with your cause and one other that is dear to us. Keep up the good work.

DivingCRNA
05-27-2011, 08:16
Thank you everyone. So far $100 has hit my Paypal account and an unknown amount is in the mail to JACS.

You guys are great and I will think of you every time I enter the new school.

DivingCRNA/Don

Noob
05-27-2011, 09:28
We took a big donation around work and are sending it down to the Joplin area with some of the fire guys going down there.

DivingCRNA
05-28-2011, 08:10
If you send money right to the school, please PM me so I can judge the success of this effort!

Thank you again to those that gave!!